News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

First Bus - Leicester

Started by John, May 19, 2014, 12:56:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

47609FireFly

Quote from: Tony on June 08, 2023, 10:05:00 AMWinston has already posted the full list on here. They are also listed on the main site
Yes - I saw Winston's post after I had made my post. I must admit I hadn't previously noticed an Ensign section on the main site. 

winston

Quote from: 47609FireFly on June 08, 2023, 12:10:39 PMYes - I saw Winston's post after I had made my post. I must admit I hadn't previously noticed an Ensign section on the main site.
My first post re: The Streetlites was here on 21st May:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3618.210

47609FireFly

Quote from: winston on June 08, 2023, 12:26:53 PMMy first post re: The Streetlites was here on 21st May:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?topic=3618.210
Ta. With zero interest in goings on at Diamond, I must confess that I never read that section of the board. I posted here because it was relevant to First Leicester (and not just Diamond). I was made aware of the sale some time ago but was not permitted to say anything until it became common knowledge. Thanks for the post. 

Glenfieldmathk1

I know this isn't really anything to do with First as such. But I noticed the council has now installed one of the digital bus stops at Glenfield Square. (This is outside the city area but within the flexi area.. on First 13. Similarly they've done it in Thurmaston on the 21!). However the stop they've installed it all already has a digital screen. So confused why they've done it there but not installed it at the Park Drive Terminus, or around the corner on Station Road for Centrebus 40?
Any idea if other / all / stops in flexi area are being upgraded or just a select few?

I suppose the same at West Bridge (FF) the bus shelter equally has a departures screen, and a bus stop with departure times too?

Mayfield

Probably because no one involved has any common sense.

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on June 07, 2023, 04:09:27 PMAnd 63523 got a few journeys on 13 too..
This now just leaves 14/14A to yet to have an electric bus.
63521 was used for a round trip on the 14 yesterday

63505 and 63508 have spent most of the day on the 14/14A today

Just leaves the 13W and 22B yet to have electrics used on them

Fin W

Interesting they've used singles on the 14s, i wonder if thats something that will happen more often

SSmith09

If bustimes.org is to be believed then 35172 did a dead run yesterday after being off the road for around 8 months

Franco

69439-69441 WX59BYR/S/T have been transferred to First South Yorkshire. 

Michael Bevan

First are currently recruiting Coach Drivers for a "Leicester to Birmingham Airport" service...

https://careers.firstbus.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/coach-driver-0322-leicester/340/description/

Glenfieldmathk1

Some changes have been registered for the start of summer holidays.
I cannot see what has changed with 14/A, but 18, 74 & 88/A/E have all had slight reduction (74 & 18 switching to only every 30 mins) Mon-Fri. 13 has had further evening changes to better line up buses for the Optimus Point Warehouses, but no changes to daytime or Sunday.

Read on Facebook sprinters have arrived at Abbey lane ahead of a new service? If these are the coaches? Poor drivers applying for a job thinking they'll actually drive a coach? Or maybe these for something else?

SSmith09

Quote from: Glenfieldmathk1 on June 19, 2023, 11:24:11 PMSome changes have been registered for the start of summer holidays.
I cannot see what has changed with 14/A, but 18, 74 & 88/A/E have all had slight reduction (74 & 18 switching to only every 30 mins) Mon-Fri. 13 has had further evening changes to better line up buses for the Optimus Point Warehouses, but no changes to daytime or Sunday.
14/14a are dropping down to every 15 mins each during the off-peak daytime.

New timetables are on the first website under forthcoming timetables

Glenfieldmathk1

Quote from: SSmith2009 on June 16, 2023, 09:45:47 PMIf bustimes.org is to be believed then 35172 did a dead run yesterday after being off the road for around 8 months
It appears to be back in service. Although I didn't ride on it and I cannot be 100% certain. I did see a double decker on the 38A route.. and looking at bus times where I saw it matches up to the run on the 38A. Must be fixed up 👍

Glenfieldmathk1

Confirmed via a picture on Facebook - 35172 is indeed back out.
Interestingly they've added tap on tap off branding (removing the 22 branding).. however they have left on one little bit of the 22 branding on drivers side top saying "To & From the Station"!
Adding tap on tap off branding would seem to me that it's likely to be staying out in Leicester for a while longer yet. 

LazyGuy222

69303 has left for First West of England.

Can anyone confirm whether 69380 has also gone?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk