News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

late running diamonds

Started by the trainbasher, May 02, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 12, 2015, 07:50:48 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 07:34:40 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on March 12, 2015, 07:06:24 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 06:54:33 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on March 12, 2015, 06:34:24 PM
That's the diamond standard...2 54s in a minute! Half hourly frequency on the route and both of them heading to four dwellings!

Everyone has vendettas against diamond, an I the only one who thinks there quite good?

When one has to use their not so swift service every day one grows annoyed especially when one is on ones way to work and gets delayed due to reliability even the West Coast Main Line hasn't stooped to It's not surprising that one has reservations regarding the standard of service that the operator one is discussing.

Oh, I forgot, according to some people Diamond are the second coming :)

Why don't  you use hansons then ? I use the 4H regularly and is usually pretty reliable

4H Reliable? Don't make me laugh!

And I do use Hansons most of the time, except when I miss them because of their on time running (99% of the time you'll see a Hansons 226 on time, especially when a certain forum members driving)

Well it's more reliable than the 244, and you get decent buses now

Trident 4194

Quote from: Matt on March 12, 2015, 08:01:41 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 07:58:34 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 07:34:40 PM
Quote from: the trainbasher on March 12, 2015, 07:06:24 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 06:54:33 PM
That's the diamond standard...2 54s in a minute! Half hourly frequency on the route and both of them heading to four dwellings!

Everyone has vendettas against diamond, an I the only one who thinks there quite good?

When one has to use their not so swift service every day one grows annoyed especially when one is on ones way to work and gets delayed due to reliability even the West Coast Main Line hasn't stooped to It's not surprising that one has reservations regarding the standard of service that the operator one is discussing.

Oh, I forgot, according to some people Diamond are the second coming :)

Why don't  you use hansons then ? I use the 4H regularly and is usually pretty reliable

And I do use Hansons most of the time, except when I miss them because of their on time running (99% of the time you'll see a Hansons 226 on time, especially when a certain forum members driving)

Well it's more reliable than the 244, and you get decent buses now

Depends on your definition of a "decent bus", ask most passengers you'll be told a "decent bus" is one that turns up when it's supposed to!

244s are hardly ever on time, i think the drivers on there can't read there timetable as its often 25 past 45past and 05 from halesowen

Tony

Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

244s are hardly ever on time, i think the drivers on there can't read there timetable as its often 25 past 45past and 05 from halesowen

Perhaps someone writing in poor English ought not should not be criticising others reading ability. Do you really think that is the reason buses are late?

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on March 12, 2015, 08:10:53 PM
Quote from: Trident 4194 on March 12, 2015, 08:03:58 PM

Perhaps someone writing in poor English ought not should not be criticising others reading ability. Do you really think that is the reason buses are late?

All I'm saying is no doubt when the e200s arrive it will be a lot more reliable

the trainbasher

Another day, another late running diamond. 20507 running on Hansons times

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Metrorider

This is becoming an increasing problem at Diamond now, Diamond have a strict policy of no lost mileage, whilst good in practice it leads to problems like this, no matter how much the driver requests it they are no being allowed to adjust themselves. This is why you will see crazy situations like 5 002's running together, the drivers have all asked to be adjusted but the reply from the traffic office will be carry on in service, no lost mileage today ect. Whilst I agree that steps must be taken to minimise lost mileage the situation at Diamond now has gone beyond the point where it's beneficial. Enormous pressure is placed on the traffic office staff not to authorise lost mileage at all, so as a result you get some crazy situations of buses running together because of traffic or other circumstances beyond the drivers control. But because of the pressure from above nothing can or will be done about it.
Paul.

Metrorider

Errr if thats me then thanks lol.
The advantage we have at Hansons is most of the drivers do the same duty most days so we know where to hold back a little because it's traffic free and we also know where we are going to hit traffic. It don't always work but it helps to 'know' the route. The 226 is a funny route though, no 2 days are ever quite the same on it to be fair.
Paul.

Metrorider

Quote from: the trainbasher on March 13, 2015, 02:51:40 PM
Another day, another late running diamond. 20507 running on Hansons times

I can only assume that's a breakdown substitute, I doubt 20507 would normally be allocated to the 226, it's fairly reliable but not the most powerful dart in the world. I can imagine some of the hills had it sweating a little  ;)
Paul.

bususer12

Diamond seem to allocate the 03 solos enough on the 226 though @Metrorider . Some of those are really slow on gradients. The newer solos are much more nippy round the route.

I suppose drivers take things into their own hands re. lost mileage with diamond. Seen a few diamond drivers miss ashwood park loop or swan estate;.

Metrorider

Quote from: bususer12 on March 14, 2015, 04:42:33 PM
Diamond seem to allocate the 03 solos enough on the 226 though @Metrorider . Some of those are really slow on gradients. The newer solos are much more nippy round the route.

I suppose drivers take things into their own hands re. lost mileage with diamond. Seen a few diamond drivers miss ashwood park loop or swan estate;.

Yeah the 03 solos are getting a bit tired now, some of the newer ones aren't a lot better though (MXG comes to mind). I never really worked out what the thinking was behind the 226 becoming a Solo route. Most people at Tividale were of the same opinion as well but it came from higher up the chain that the 226 must be a solo route and that was that. Think it was spun at the time that newer buses were coming to the 226 and indeed a few did, but the 03 solos that are normally out on it these days aren't much newer than the darts that previously worked the route lol.

I'm sure Diamond had good intentions putting Solos on the route, but like a few other things at Diamond at the moment it's a situation that would probably benefit from being looked at again in my opinion.
Paul.

Kevin

Quote from: Metrorider on March 13, 2015, 10:32:24 PM

This is becoming an increasing problem at Diamond now, Diamond have a strict policy of no lost mileage, whilst good in practice it leads to problems like this, no matter how much the driver requests it they are no being allowed to adjust themselves. This is why you will see crazy situations like 5 002's running together, the drivers have all asked to be adjusted but the reply from the traffic office will be carry on in service, no lost mileage today ect. Whilst I agree that steps must be taken to minimise lost mileage the situation at Diamond now has gone beyond the point where it's beneficial. Enormous pressure is placed on the traffic office staff not to authorise lost mileage at all, so as a result you get some crazy situations of buses running together because of traffic or other circumstances beyond the drivers control. But because of the pressure from above nothing can or will be done about it.

Something to ask the management? They are after all on the forum
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

the trainbasher

Quote from: Kevin on March 14, 2015, 08:06:30 PM
Quote from: Metrorider on March 13, 2015, 10:32:24 PM

Something to ask the management? They are after all on the forum

It's already been mentioned to them

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Metrorider

And at this time of the day no chance of pulling that back on the 002
Paul.

the trainbasher

20841 is running on timetable..albeit the Hansons 226 timetable

Trident 4194

4hs are looking a bit late, the 15:10 from halesowen departed at 15:34
The 15:26 departed at 15:41

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk