News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Coventry & Warwickshire

Started by Valandil, April 04, 2014, 11:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valandil

An old Olly straight up Knowle Hill in Kenilworth is one experience every bus enthusiast should be treated to.
The roar of the engine is like the roar of a coal furnace :D

nitromatt1

Quote from: Valandil on July 06, 2014, 05:05:34 PM
An old Olly straight up Knowle Hill in Kenilworth is one experience every bus enthusiast should be treated to.
The roar of the engine is like the roar of a coal furnace :D

Or indeed up the Hagley mile - even better with a lead footed driver!

Ashley

Noted 34592 on route 67 in Leamington today or yesterday now if of interest to anybody

Ashley

Some noteworthy workings from yesterday

36945 - g1
47012 17694 17696 - x15/x18
16757 - u2

Ally

Nuneaton's 36166 has just this minute become VOR, it's just had a nasty smash in Leicester, writing off a car. I'm not sure on injuries but the driver was on the blower to the garage and Police were speaking to a passenger.
~ Alistair (A.K.A. Ally)
~ Originally from Bedworth, Warwickshire. Now residing in Bristol
~ CSA at National Express, Bristol
~ https://www.facebook.com/alistair.transportchat

JPC

Warwickshire Council confirms the service X16 section of route between Willenhall and Coventry is being withdrawn from 2nd November.
At the moment no indication of any replacement service and it is an unusual date for a change on a Centro tender so shall we suspect Stagecoach will be providing something alternative?

JoNi

I asked Centro whether the X16 to Willenhall was subsidised by them and they said it was a commercial operation by Stagecoach.
Not surprising it's coming off bearing in mind the loads I've seen on it.

JPC

Thanks JoNi,
Surprised to learn it was commercially run but fair play to Stagecoach for trying, NWM are saying a replacement service is going out to tender, so if that's awarded to Stagecoach it may even be retained under tender as X16.  The current route would be easily covered by any operator with one bus but the direct link to the Rail Station might be lost again.  ::)

JoNi

Thru speaking to others apparently WMSNT or what ever they are called is going to run a replacement but I don't know any details.

JPC

WMSNT runs the 41 along London Road so there is potential for this to merge with whatever replaces the X16, whatever they can fit into a one hour round trip I suppose.
The 47 to Cannon Park (the other half of the 41 contract) could easily merge with the 87 service on journeys around 10am to 3pm,  A waiting game now to see what's going to happen.

Ashley

Reserve 22459 has gone to East Midlands as a source of spares if of interest

Adam 404

X16 is being replaced by route 27 by WMSNT aka igo.
However route 41 is not mentioned. You'd think it would be replaced by 27.
However the 41 timetable is gone from the WMSNT website.

the trainbasher

The Irizar (80025 YN14FVR) was on Cardiffs Monday - seen it in Bearwood heading out of city - http://www.busphotography.co.uk/picture.php?/9462/category/51

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

JPC

34641 (GX54 DWM) was hooked up to a tow truck in The Burges, Coventry about ¾ hour ago.

JoNi

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk