News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service Changes from 27th April

Started by winston, March 05, 2014, 01:49:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

PD0000116/67 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Variation Accepted: Operating between Willenhall Lane (Binley) and Cardinal Wiseman School given service number 11 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0000116/68 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Variation Accepted: Operating between Chace Avenue, Willenhall and Potters Green Road, Potters Green given service number 12 effective from 27-Apr-2014. To amend Route and Timetable.

PD0000116/112 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between COVENTRY, WAR MEMORIAL PARK and COVENTRY, WAR MEMORIAL PARK given service number Coventry Park & Ride South effective from 27-Apr-2014.

Valandil

Quote from: Winston on March 05, 2014, 01:49:01 PMPD0000116/112 - MIKE DE COURCEY TRAVEL LTD, ROWLEY DRIVE, STONEBRIDGE TRADING ESTATE, COVENTRY, CV3 4FG
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between COVENTRY, WAR MEMORIAL PARK and COVENTRY, WAR MEMORIAL PARK given service number Coventry Park & Ride South effective from 27-Apr-2014.

Well it's probably the last of these that raises the most questions for us!
After such a large investment too -- though maybe these vehicles will be redeployed or transferred to another operator taking over PRS, if that's what's happening?

vinh1000

Whenever I see PRS, it is definitely well used (a fair few cash fares too at that)
Vinny - frequent bus traveller :-)

HELEN - http://mb-web.co.uk/heleninstaller_3.3.msi
Manual:
Mobitec: http://mb-web.co.uk/MIE.zip

Valandil

It seems that the last set of changes to the 360a/c have now been acknowledged by Centro on bus stops.
I have noticed that where previously the operator was given as Diamond, it is now given as de Courcey.

JPC

Quote from: Valandil on March 07, 2014, 02:18:30 PM
Quote from: vinh1000 on March 05, 2014, 06:41:56 PM
Whenever I see PRS, it is definitely well used (a fair few cash fares too at that)

It seems that the last set of changes to the 360a/c have now been acknowledged by Centro on bus stops.
I have noticed that where previously the operator was given as Diamond, it is now given as de Courcey.

And all those 360 bus stop timetables are going to be updated again for the 13th April timetable revision ::)
I had expected the current skimpy timetable wouldn't last very long.

NWM acknowledge the PRS is being withdrawn with alternative provision being evaluated, from a De Courcey perspective this could something simple like adding a bus to service 85/585 and extending it to War Memorial Park, the existing Saturday service is only hourly though but I suppose shuttles can be slotted in to maintain the every 15 minutes.   A simpler and value for money option might be an extension to NXC's 8/8A service. :P

nifty50

PRS to be amlgumated into Stagecoach's X15/X17 apparently

Valandil

Quote from: nifty50 on March 16, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

Wow, didn't see that one coming!
I imagine that the short 16's will be removed, as patronage is generally low.
Does anyone know how the X19 has been doing? -- I haven't actually been on it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if they consolidated resources back on the X17 instead.

John

Quote from: Valandil on March 16, 2014, 05:23:02 PM
Quote from: nifty50 on March 16, 2014, 03:51:47 PM

Wow, didn't see that one coming!
I imagine that the short 16's will be removed, as patronage is generally low.
Does anyone know how the X19 has been doing? -- I haven't actually been on it yet, but wouldn't be surprised if they consolidated resources back on the X17 instead.

I didn't see that either

I wonder what DeCourcey's Electric Versa's will/can be used on after PRS finishes

JPC

Presumably it's the 16 and X17 services which are going to visit the PRS terminus, hopefully they will balance the timetables and commit a rule where passengers boarding/alighting at PRS terminus must travel towards/from Coventry only, otherwise we might see more protests if the car park is clogged due to people travelling to Warwick University for example.

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on March 16, 2014, 09:22:36 PM
Presumably it's the 16 and X17 services which are going to visit the PRS terminus, hopefully they will balance the timetables and commit a rule where passengers boarding/alighting at PRS terminus must travel towards/from Coventry only, otherwise we might see more protests if the car park is clogged due to people travelling to Warwick University for example.

It would be good if they could create an even headway: 16's currently arriving in Coventry at 23 and 37 minutes past the hour is not ideal, for example.
But I imagine that they will return to having an X17 every 15 minutes and just slot in the hourly 16 at some point instead, probably with only the X17 calling at the PRS terminus.

EDIT: I wonder if the U17 would call at the PRS terminus on Sundays, giving a service every 20 minutes: this would bring an enhancement of the service, since there is no Sunday service currently.

JoNi

Extending the 85 585 seems like an excellent idea as the buses park illegally on double yellow lines outside LMs building to avoid getting in the way.
They would also serve the station when coming back into town under Friargate redevelopment diversion.

JPC

http://centro.org.uk/about-us/news/2014/extra-buses-and-new-sunday-service-for-coventry-park-and-ride-south/

Interesting, all sounds good expect for the reduction to a 20 minute frequency,
It looks like the X19 is being consolidated back into a 20 minute X17 service, with peak Whitley Business Park journeys moved to service X15/18 (?).

Would it be productive to move the electric bus charging point to the Arena Park or Walsgrave Hospital bus station?. ::)

Valandil

(Not about the changes on this date but still about service changes).

It is once again getting dangerously close to the changes to the 360, with no timetables in sight.

JPC

Quote from: Valandil on April 05, 2014, 10:23:55 AM
(Not about the changes on this date but still about service changes).

It is once again getting dangerously close to the changes to the 360, with no timetables in sight.

They've added the to their website but I see quite a mistake/botch in some Clockwise timing points.  ::)

Valandil

Quote from: JPC on April 05, 2014, 05:56:57 PMThey've added the to their website but I see quite a mistake/botch in some Clockwise timing points.  ::)

Thanks for this.
I also notice that the early evening Saturday 360c that terminates short is shown as operating up to Sutton Ave/Farcroft Ave.
I wonder if that's a mistake and it will just go as far as Tile Hill North?
If it is correct, I hope the displays are done well so that the average joe still knows roughly where the bus is going.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk