News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Thandi

Started by MidlandJoe75, February 23, 2014, 06:12:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

igogeneral

When I saw the specification for the 53 it was to run into Birmingham City centre, if that is the case what vehicles do they propose to use and for how long?

CL

Quote from: igogeneral on October 03, 2019, 11:16:18 AM
When I saw the specification for the 53 it was to run into Birmingham City centre, if that is the case what vehicles do they propose to use and for how long?
Thandi (Evergreen) has been in possession of an ex-Stagecarriage Omnicity for a while.. Probably putting that to some use?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: CL on October 03, 2019, 11:40:54 AM
Thandi (Evergreen) has been in possession of an ex-Stagecarriage Omnicity for a while.. Probably putting that to some use?

Diamond use Mellors on the 53, an Omnicity would a bit overkill

Tony

Quote from: Winston on October 03, 2019, 11:45:02 AM

One of the Thandis has taken 4 E200s

CL

Thought as much, but didn't know anything else that'd be suitable for public service from their fleet.. Thought it was either that or one of their two B7 Geminis 😂

Quote from: Tony on October 03, 2019, 12:03:07 PM
One of the Thandis has taken 4 E200s
... until this revelation. ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

winston

Quote from: CL on October 03, 2019, 12:23:49 PM
Thought as much, but didn't know anything else that'd be suitable for public service from their fleet.. Thought it was either that or one of their two B7 Geminis 😂
... until this revelation. ;)

They're listed on the Ensign Bus sales/purchases list of Ross's that I re-posted for Sept.

But additionally, all of their ex Stagecoach Darts are up for sale.

Stu

Though it's not yet clear how the route is to be revised, and from where it will head to Birmingham city centre rather than Erdington, I'd guess that they would expect some increased patronage, if the route in its present form is unviable.

Perhaps they expect to gain passengers by running alongside the 55 and 94 to/from Saltley Viaduct?
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

winston

Quote from: Stu on October 03, 2019, 07:41:12 PM
Though it's not yet clear how the route is to be revised, and from where it will head to Birmingham city centre rather than Erdington, I'd guess that they would expect some increased patronage, if the route in its present form is unviable.

Perhaps they expect to gain passengers by running alongside the 55 and 94 to/from Saltley Viaduct?

Either way, it's a TfWM tendered route which should potentially be Euro 6 & how many tendered services need full size single deckers

Jack D

Any route detail as of yet ??

mikestone

I wonder if it is going to be operated commercially - I would have thought it is very rare for a tendering authority to accept a bid so different ?

Steveminor

That was the tender specification

mikestone

Sorry, I see that now - with the number of routes, not neccesarily in the Midland; being reduced on the grounds of traffic congestion it never occured to me a suburban route would be extended into the city at TfWM's instigation.

Steveminor

It's not an extension but a change of terminus. I would expect it's to try & grow passenger numbers as it's very lightly used around erdington

Busboy105

Quote from: Steveminor on October 06, 2019, 03:41:29 PM
It's not an extension but a change of terminus. I would expect it's to try & grow passenger numbers as it's very lightly used around erdington
That's good and all, but will the frequency change? Don't think it will get an increase in passenger numbers if it runs once an hour.

Quote from: Steveminor on October 06, 2019, 03:41:29 PM
So it will be following the current route to Saltley and then running along the 55/94 route which run every few minutes to the City Centre. Can't see much point in it if that's the case, would make more sense to curtail it back to Saltley. Only runs every hour and looks to be a fairly long winded route as well, through areas where there are much more regular services, so I can't see it being very popular.
Whenever I see it around Nechells/Saltley or Stechford, passenger numbers are always very low. Same with the 10H between Q.E. Hospital and City Centre, where passenger numbers always are very low.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk