News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ian Hardy

From the Arriva website: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/help/contact-us

"Travel Shops
Unfortunately, as of the end of October, we will be closing the majority of our Travel Shops. Our Luton Travel Shop will be remaining open and our Green Line service tickets will be available from our Green Line Travel Shop in Victoria Station. The Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station Travel Shop will be closing this Saturday 31st October 2020."

So it is not just Leicester, it is everywhere else as well, although they did not have many, I think that these were only ones that were open pre-COVID:
Chatham, Guildford, London Victoria, Luton, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Middlesbrough & Newcastle

PointerDart

Quote from: Ian Hardy on October 31, 2020, 02:20:44 PM
From the Arriva website: https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/help/contact-us

"Travel Shops
Unfortunately, as of the end of October, we will be closing the majority of our Travel Shops. Our Luton Travel Shop will be remaining open and our Green Line service tickets will be available from our Green Line Travel Shop in Victoria Station. The Leicester St Margaret's Bus Station Travel Shop will be closing this Saturday 31st October 2020."

So it is not just Leicester, it is everywhere else as well, although they did not have many, I think that these were only ones that were open pre-COVID:
Chatham, Guildford, London Victoria, Luton, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Dewsbury, Wakefield, Middlesbrough & Newcastle

Telford as well; that has been closed permanently. To me that feels like a stupid decision as there are no timetables in their bus station apart from the electronic boards which only display the next hour or so.

Ian Hardy

Quote from: PointerDart on October 31, 2020, 07:54:23 PM
Telford as well; that has been closed permanently. To me that feels like a stupid decision as there are no timetables in their bus station apart from the electronic boards which only display the next hour or so.
Thanks, I forgot they had one at Telford as well:-)

Ian Hardy

They also had one at High Wycombe which has also closed.

leicesterbusadventurer

2450 has returned to Milton Keynes in exchange for 4209.

LazyGuy222

Apparently, according to this, all of Southend's E400MMC's are coming to us. Does anyone know how true this is?

https://flic.kr/p/2k8FC69

leicesterbusadventurer

I've heard that they're to replace 4001-4014 which are expected to depart to Maidstone (and hopefully finally send 4028 to the scrapyard). They're expected to replace the GN58 E400s which will replace the MMCs in Southend.

AlexS

Seems to be 16 MMCs at Southend so if they are all transferring should be enough to displace 4001-4014, scrap 4028 and hopefully also 2209.

xmj-signal

3102 is back from its long holiday in Derby - viewed in Leicester today (Tuesday 24/11/20) working on route 14.

3102 is still tracking (as of today) in Derby, Bus Times showing it working Derby P&R all day but it was definitely in the Haymarket Bus Station at around 1330 (with 3103 in a bay a short way away working on route 6).

Does anyone know what the situation is with 3101 - since its rebuild, it worked for a short while in Derby but now appears to have disappeared into thin air.

Mike T.

AlexS

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on November 22, 2020, 09:22:47 PM
Apparently, according to this, all of Southend's E400MMC's are coming to us. Does anyone know how true this is?

https://flic.kr/p/2k8FC69
According to talk elsewhere this now seems to be abandoned.

Bob

Quote from: AlexS on November 22, 2020, 11:46:09 PM
Seems to be 16 MMCs at Southend so if they are all transferring should be enough to displace 4001-4014, scrap 4028 and hopefully also 2209.

I could imagine 2209 coming to Cannock to join the rest of the junk

John

Quote from: AlexS on November 26, 2020, 02:48:34 AM
According to talk elsewhere this now seems to be abandoned.

Sounds like they were funded by Southend Council who have said they are not leaving

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: xmj-signal on November 24, 2020, 10:46:22 PM
Does anyone know what the situation is with 3101 - since its rebuild, it worked for a short while in Derby but now appears to have disappeared into thin air.
3101 entered service at Thurmaston this week. It looks identical to Wigston's batch except it has newer logos and rather than change the seats to the standard leather seats like Wigston's, they've replaced the airport moquette with the standard Arriva one.

leepenfold30

2524 has Joined 2523 2528 at Wigston/Hinckley

xmj-signal

Notices posted in St Margaret's Bus Station saying it will close for redevelopment 7pm, Thursday 31st December.

Temporary replacement bus stops from 1st January 2021 are shown:

Kinch 2 and Skylink, Arriva 26, 27, 29, 29A, Roberts 125, Centrebus 154 - Gravel Street (between Church Gate and New Road)
Arriva 126, 127 - Abbey Street (south side stop BK between Belgrave Gate and Mansfield Street)
Arriva 84, 85, X84 - Charles Street (east side, normal stop CA opposite Primark)
Arriva X3, X6, X55 - Charles Street (west side, stop CJ between Halford Street and Lower Free Lane)

For the X3 and X6, the stop being used seems rather odd, being on the northbound side of the road.

Mike T.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk