News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Leicester

Started by Tony, January 28, 2014, 08:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyGuy222

According to a driver at Wigston and someone in Milton Keynes, all of Wigstons B9TLs (allegedly) are going to Milton Keynes. Apparently, no replacements, but how true that is I'm unsure.

Cheese

Quote from: LazyGuy222 on May 23, 2020, 11:50:51 PM
According to a driver at Wigston and someone in Milton Keynes, all of Wigstons B9TLs (allegedly) are going to Milton Keynes. Apparently, no replacements, but how true that is I'm unsure.

The Oxford & Chiltern Bus Page website lists the moves which apparently have already taken place with 4200-2/4/5/9/17 already having made the move to MK on loan from Wigston along with 4211 from Hinckley. B7RLE 3902 also there from Cannock. Doesn't list any transfers back to Wigston other than E400s 4422-25 coming back from loan.

AlexS

Quote from: Cheese on May 24, 2020, 01:35:56 PM
The Oxford & Chiltern Bus Page website lists the moves which apparently have already taken place with 4200-2/4/5/9/17 already having made the move to MK on loan from Wigston along with 4211 from Hinckley. B7RLE 3902 also there from Cannock. Doesn't list any transfers back to Wigston other than E400s 4422-25 coming back from loan.
Presumably this was all planned before yesterday's announcement of government funding to increase public transport frequencies back to something closer to normal, and therefore was done on the basis of Wigston running on a lower PVR for the foreseeable. Unless they are permanently slashing services they simply don't have enough buses at Wigston for this to be permanent without something coming the other way.
It's also pointless to try and separate the 'Hinckley' fleet from the Wigston fleet as many buses basically rotate between the 2 with no real pattern and anything allocated to Hinckley could appear on a Wigston route seemingly at random (and to some extent the reverse is also true but it is extremely rare, but not unknown, for B7s or Enviro400s to be on Hinckley routes, current circumstances excluded).

leicesterbusadventurer

Quote from: AlexS on May 24, 2020, 02:18:45 PM
Presumably this was all planned before yesterday's announcement of government funding to increase public transport frequencies back to something closer to normal, and therefore was done on the basis of Wigston running on a lower PVR for the foreseeable. Unless they are permanently slashing services they simply don't have enough buses at Wigston for this to be permanent without something coming the other way.
It's also pointless to try and separate the 'Hinckley' fleet from the Wigston fleet as many buses basically rotate between the 2 with no real pattern and anything allocated to Hinckley could appear on a Wigston route seemingly at random (and to some extent the reverse is also true but it is extremely rare, but not unknown, for B7s or Enviro400s to be on Hinckley routes, current circumstances excluded).
Wigston taking over Hinckley and the fleets combining is what went wrong in the first place. Yes the X84's benefitted quite a bit but then you've got the 44/44A/49 and 86/87 that have suffered quite a bit. When they first wanted to put double-deckers on it they should have just moved the X84 to Wigston and let that be the end of it, if you ask me. And if they are planning on permanently cutting services again, god help us.

AlexS

Today has seen duplicate buses on many journeys (on the 50 at least, as I haven't seen any other routes), while passenger numbers seem to remain significantly below social distancing capacity on most routes according to the local paper. To enable this the B9s have returned from MK and 3300 is currently working out of Wigston.
As things begin to return to normal it is good to see Arriva have managed to work out a way of quietly increasing capacity before it was actually needed and without alerting passengers which will have rightfully kept those with an alternative away. Unfortunately the same article in the Mercury shows that a significant proportion of passengers are choosing to ignore the rules on face masks.

LazyGuy222

3300 is now at Wigston.

leicesterbusadventurer

Arriva launched new destination blinds across its Leicestershire network last week presumably to go with the return of normality to most services. I'm curious to see what people's thoughts on them are.

leepenfold30

4516 4517 4518 4519 4520 4521 4522 4534 They moving to Thurmaston going the other way to Wigston 3770 3771 3772 3773 3774 3775 3776 3777

8 in 8 out

LazyGuy222

That seems like a very stupid decision. Wigston are already short on double deckers, and SB200's are an alien type to Wigston.

leicesterbusadventurer

Pulsars might be, but they did have some of the Centros and Commanders on the same chassis in the past. I think it's a brilliant idea because I've always found Thurmaston to be shorter. Last year's TZ and DM services didn't help particularly. And honestly, if it does prove to be the case, then bring it on, I'd love to have Pulsars a bit more local.

LazyGuy222

Travel De Courcey's X6 is transferring to Arriva from tomorrow, following Travel De Courcey going bankrupt.
It is due to be operated out of Thurmaston, with its allocation currently unknown.

WilliamLeylandNational

Thurmaston operated with SB200 Pulsars.  Loan drivers from Hinckley to start off.

leicesterbusadventurer

3770, 3771, 3772, 3774 and 3776 have now moved to Wigston, with 4516-4521 now at Thurmaston.

JoNi

Pleased to see day (£12) and weekly (£45) ticket available on x6 and Leicester plus area. Time for my contactless bankcard to have a day out.

Bob

Quote from: JoNi on August 25, 2020, 01:14:16 PM
Pleased to see day (£12) and weekly (£45) ticket available on x6 and Leicester plus area. Time for my contactless bankcard to have a day out.

180 pounds a month is extortionate! 61 quid for the whole nxwm area

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk