News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Service Changes - 26th Jan 2014

Started by JPC, December 05, 2013, 04:42:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

Quote from: Solo1 on January 12, 2014, 02:14:25 PM
I heard that the new depot will be in Radford, and that some DeCourcey drivers are transferring to Diamond.
The depot will be Oban rd so i was told
what buses will be used on 360

Hopefully MPDs and solos. What size buses are currently used on there and what are loadings like as I have never actually been on it? Just trying to work out if they would do as loadings cannot surely be that good if it is being surrendered?

PM

Quote from: vinh1000 on January 12, 2014, 02:19:50 PM
I heard that the new depot will be in Radford, and that some DeCourcey drivers are transferring to Diamond.
signature buses maybe?
dont really expect darts on the 360 lol

There aren't enough signature buses ie another 10 spare to run this with. I would have thought darts/solos/MPDs would be the most likely vehicles.

winston

That's all happened quick, as Simon was only asking about the yard next To DeCourcey on the 3rd Jan in his own thread

I've had a look on Google Earth, and there appears to only be a large haulage yard off Oban Road which appears suitable for a bus depot, the other buildings don't look big enough

the trainbasher

I've got a feeling it is those 10 buses that were required quickly by diamond that will be used on the 360

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

winston

Quote from: the trainbasher on January 12, 2014, 03:18:58 PM
I've got a feeling it is those 10 buses that were required quickly by diamond that will be used on the 360

I'm hoping those 8 x B7RLE go in to Tividale, and Tividale loose MPD or larger Darts for the 360 A/C

I'm assuming DeCourcey used MAN/MCV on the route?

PM

They are being used for a service upgrade suggesting a service already operated ie the 4 or another route like it. I somehow doubt rotala would waste b7rle's on a centro contract that clearly doesn't need big buses, otherwise it would not be being surrendered!!

sonic2009

Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2014, 03:23:51 PM

I'm hoping those 8 x B7RLE go in to Tividale, and Tividale loose MPD or larger Darts for the 360 A/C

DeCourcey used anything on the route from MAN/MCV to Optare Versa

winston

Quote from: sonic2009 on January 12, 2014, 03:51:36 PM
Quote from: Winston on January 12, 2014, 03:23:51 PM

DeCourcey used anything on the route from MAN/MCV to Optare Versa

Midi buses would suffice then against the 8 x full size B7RLE that have been acquired from Ensign

:D

I spotted Diamond bus at Coventry rail station few days ago, I'd guess they were trying their bus routes out. Quite disappointing seeing their bus drivers doesn't always have a good attitude.

gac_uk

Quote from: :D on January 12, 2014, 06:52:52 PM
I spotted Diamond bus at Coventry rail station few days ago, I'd guess they were trying their bus routes out. Quite disappointing seeing their bus drivers doesn't always have a good attitude.

The vehicle specification on the 360 tender spec was for a minimum 40 seats if I recall

PM

Quote from: gac_uk on January 12, 2014, 06:56:06 PM
Quote from: :D on January 12, 2014, 06:52:52 PM

The vehicle specification on the 360 tender spec was for a minimum 40 seats if I recall

That's very interesting and didn't know that. I would guess then that b7rles will be used on it

Stuharris 6360

Is the 360 a tendered service or are Diamond to operate it commercially?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

the trainbasher

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 12, 2014, 09:01:04 PM
Is the 360 a tendered service or are Diamond to operate it commercially?

Tendered I believe from what's been stated on here

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Kevin

DeCourcey literally have used everything on the 360 - MCVs through to deckers. When I went round the whole route some parts were well used (granted - others weren't) so I personally would hope Diamond don't put darts on
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

winston

Quote from: Kevin on January 12, 2014, 10:26:53 PM
DeCourcey literally have used everything on the 360 - MCVs through to deckers. When I went round the whole route some parts were well used (granted - others weren't) so I personally would hope Diamond don't put darts on

If it's used sufficiently to warrant bigger buses than Darts, why's it a tendered route requiring subsidy?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk