News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

More tender news from London. Route 246 returns to Stagecoach at Bromley from GoAhead London, who gain the 354 by way of return. Metrobus, who fall into GoAhead London so far as TfL and contracts are concerned, have held the 352 and 358-the latter due to get new electric buses. Arriva London has held onto the 312 at Croydon. All of these are due to start in September 2020-route 312 on the 5th and the rest on the 19th.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator                     PVR        Vehicles
173          Arriva London North           Stagecoach East London       16       New Electric Double Decker
174          Stagecoach East London    Stagecoach East London       TBC     New Electric Double Decker
256          Stagecoach East London    Stagecoach East London       12       Existing Diesel Double Deck
296*        Stagecoach East London    Stagecoach East London       8         Existing Diesel Single Deck
347          Arriva London North            Arriva London North              1         Existing Diesel Single Deck
365(24hr) Stagecoach East London    Stagecoach East London       11       Existing Diesel Double Deck
496          Stagecoach East London    Stagecoach East London        8         Existing Diesel Double Deck
673**       Arriva London North           Stagecoach East London        0         New Electric Double Decker
674           Blue Triangle                       Stagecoach East London       1          New Electric Double Decker
675           Lonon General                    Arriva London North               1         Existing Hybrid Double Deck
692/699   Sullivan Buses                     UNO Buses                              3        Existing Electric Double Decker (Possibly from Metroline)

* Operates 24 hours at weekends only.

** Uses bus crosslinked from route 173.

All diesel & hybrid vehicles will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

The above contracts will commence on the following dates:

26th September 2020: Routes 256 & 365.

17th October 2020: Routes 173, 174, 296, 347, 496, 673, 674 & 675.
21st November 2020: Route 692/699.

New electric vehicles may enter service later than these dates owing to infrastructure delivery timescales.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

Can see Rainham running the 173 given they already run the 174. The displaced Enviros currently on the 174 will probably replace the bulk of the Scanias at Rainham which generally operate the 248,252 and 365.

Stuharris 6360

After a succesfull trial on the 8 route, all New Routemaster buses are to altered so that entrance is only permitted via the front door (except for pushchairs and wheelchairs) and exit from the centre door. Rear doors will be no longer used.

This is to be phased in over the next few months with the 55 and 267 being converted last Saturday.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

richardjones210368

As someone who was 5 & changing buses with mum & dad in the Bull Ring Bus Station coming back from my Aunties 40th Birthday in Sutton as the bombs went off just after 8pm waiting  for the 140 I always have such sympathy with terrorist acts and always attend the Citys memorial service I feel for the people of Chuka Umanures old constituency of Streatham but there are amazing sences on the BBC NEWS CHANNEL of a convoy of TfL buses within the crime scene my thoughts are with those caught up in this horrific terrorist incident

Stuharris 6360

LBSL intends to enter into new contracts for the following routes with the operators listed below:

Route        Current Operator                 New Operator                     PVR        Vehicles
306           London United                      Metroline                             11         Double Deckers (TBC)
385           HCT Group                            HCT Group                           1           Existing Diesel Single Decker
654           Metroline                              Metroline                              1           Existing Diesel Single Decker

All the vehicles detailed above will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

17th October 2020: Route 385.
24th October 2020: Route 654.
12th December 2020: Route 306.

markcf83

From this coming weekend all routes that are run using NB4L buses by Abellio and Metroline will become front door only boarding in line with routes 8,55 and 267.

Stuharris 6360

200            London General                  London General                   15          Existing Hybrid Decker
283            London United                    London United                     10          Existing Diesel Single Decker
456            London General (W10)       London General                    5           Existing Diesel Single Decker
649/50/1    Blue Triangle                       Blue Triangle                        9            Existing Hybrid Decker
S4              Abellio London                    Abellio London                      6            Existing Diesel Single Decker

The vehicles detailed above will meet Euro VI emissions standards.

Route 456 replaces current route W10. The provisional start date is 17th October 2020, subject to confirmation

5th December 2020: Route S4.
2nd January 2021: Route 649/650/651.
20th February 2021: Route 200.
27th February 2021: Route 283.

Pat

Wonder how much TfL are losing in revenue at the moment, as they're operating a free service because of middle door only boarding/alighting?  Obviously all operators around the country are losing money, but they are still charging for journeys wether TfL isn't. 

Stu

Quote from: NXWMFAN1105 on May 01, 2020, 12:20:40 PM
Wonder how much TfL are losing in revenue at the moment, as they're operating a free service because of middle door only boarding/alighting?  Obviously all operators around the country are losing money, but they are still charging for journeys wether TfL isn't.

What makes you think TfL are operating a 'free service'? From memory, there are Oyster readers by the middle doors too.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Pat

Quote from: Stu on May 01, 2020, 07:35:06 PM
What makes you think TfL are operating a 'free service'? From memory, there are Oyster readers by the middle doors too.
There used to be oyster readers on the middle doors on New Routemasters until they were switched off earlier this year to tackle the rise in fare evasion.  Taken from TfL website: "During the period of these temporary arrangements where passengers enter through the middle-doors, they will not be required to touch in. Customers should not approach the card reader near the driver's cab."  So basically, they are operating a free service as you can't touch in.

Gareth

I would guess that regular passengers who use the buses for work would have some kind of travel card loaded onto their oyster. So there's still revenue there.

All other people should only be making the most essential journeys only, so whilst there will be lost revenue, it may not be as high as we think.

Ian Hardy

Most people in London only use contactless now, getting a pass commits you in advance. As most people only catch 2 buses a day so that would be £3.00 on contactless, so in a week it would be £15 where as a 7 Day Bus & Tram Pass is £6.20 more at £21.20. £21.20 is the weekly bus cap so if you did more than 2 journeys a day you would only ever pay the bus pass price, but if you for some reason did not travel as much then the money is in your pocket and not TfL's.
https://tfl.gov.uk/fares/find-fares/bus-and-tram-fares?intcmp=54718#on-this-page-6
Adult
You can travel using pay as you go with contactless (card or device) or your Oyster card.
Pay as you go £1.50 (with unlimited changes in 1 hour)
Daily cap    £4.50
Weekly cap (Monday to Sunday) £21.20

You can also travel using your Oyster card with a 7 Day, Monthly and Annual Bus & Tram Pass.
One Day Bus & Tram Pass £5.00
7 Day Bus & Tram Pass £21.20
Monthly Bus & Tram Pass £81.50
Annual Bus & Tram Pass £848

Gareth

Thank you Ian for that explanation.

don

TfL don't only get revenue from buses - card readers are on platforms for trams and stations or platforms for tube and rail.

I seem to remember that centre door buses have card readers for disabled people to use, near the centre doors. I presume they're not running single door E200s and the like currently?

If you look at the travel graphs (which are probably available on line) on the COBRA coronavirus briefings you will see the percentage of normal travel currently being recorded by various modes - national rail appears to be in the low single figures, and nothing else (except all motor vehicles) is above 20%.

Many people use contactless to pay on TfL services. Many others use Travelcards to travel from outside the TfL area which are valid on all zones (or certain zones). I keep an Oyster card topped up just in case I need to use it.

The main reduction in TfL revenue would be caused by the reduction in travel use.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk