News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Been confirmed that the 254 will get the Borismasters next year. Metroline have lost the 217 to Sullivan's but have held onto the U1,U2,U3 and U4.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

OH25

there was a Go Ahead Boris Routemaster on the Wolverhampton Road about 11:30pm heading towards the Birchley Island.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

This seems the only appropriate thread for this; the SRM (Son of Routemaster) is reffered to as the Volvo B5LHC on the Volvo Buses website.

http://www.volvobuses.co.uk/en-gb/our-offering/buses/volvo-B5LHC/specifications.html#

Specifications also state that there's a single door variant, which did take me aback.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: clayderman on November 27, 2016, 06:22:59 PM
This seems the only appropriate thread for this; the SRM (Son of Routemaster) is reffered to as the Volvo B5LHC on the Volvo Buses website.

http://www.volvobuses.co.uk/en-gb/our-offering/buses/volvo-B5LHC/specifications.html#

Specifications also state that there's a single door variant, which did take me aback.

The Volvo B5LHC is the electric version which has overhead charging but a normal hybrid version is mounted on a regular Volvo B5LH chassis

CL

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on November 27, 2016, 07:25:21 PM
The Volvo B5LHC is the electric version which has overhead charging but a normal hybrid version is mounted on a regular Volvo B5LH chassis
Oh right.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

markcf83

Some very hot off the press tender news. London United have lost the 120 to Metroline and have also gained route 70 from Tower Transit. They have held onto the C1,which serves Victoria Coach Station,presumably with existing buses. Abellio have retained the R68 & R70-both will get new midibuses. All of these are to start on 24 June 2017 bar the C1,which will begin its new contract the following week.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: markcf83 on December 02, 2016, 08:36:55 PM
Some very hot off the press tender news. London United have lost the 120 to Metroline and have also gained route 70 from Tower Transit. They have held onto the C1,which serves Victoria Coach Station,presumably with existing buses. Abellio have retained the R68 & R70-both will get new midibuses. All of these are to start on 24 June 2017 bar the C1,which will begin its new contract the following week.

Buses for routes 70 and C1 have yet to be confirmed @markcf83.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

markcf83

That is true. I know they held the 110 at Hounslow and I understand that is getting new Enviros. London United are waiting on the weight restriction on Hammersmith Bridge to be lifted to enable route 72 to get double deck buses. When that will happen is anyone's guess....

Tony

This is the vehicle London Mayor Sadiq Khan was posing with in the press last week

https://cbwmagazine.com/the-right-technology-for-wrights/

markcf83

Borismasters are beginning to enter service on New Cross route 21,which links Lewisham and Newington Green. LT854 was the first to do so and LT849 has done so this afternoon. The Volvo's currently allocated are being sent to other garages in South East London to replace older PVL's and VWL's at Belvedere and Bexleyheath.

Stuharris 6360

The following TfL contracts have been awarded:

17 re-awarded to Metroline with new Euro VI hybrid double deck, PVR 19. Start date 22 July

186 re-awarded to Metroline with 2009 Euro IV diesel double deck, PVR 17. Start date 22 July

382 awarded to Metroline (currently Arriva London North) with 2012 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 9. Start date15 July

384 re-awarded to Metroline with 2012 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 5. Start date 22 July

613 re-awarded to London United with 2008 Euro IV diesel double deck, PVR 1. Start date 29 July (or first school day)

662 re-awarded to London United with 2008 Euro IV diesel double deck, PVR 1. Start date 29 July (or first school day)

665 re-awarded to London United with 2009 Euro IV diesel single deck, PVR 1. Start date 29 July (or first school day)

671 re-awarded to London United with 2008 Euro IV diesel single deck, PVR 1. Start date 29 July (or first school day)

C11 re-awarded to Metroline with 2010 Euro V diesel single deck, PVR 20. Start date 22 July

W8 re-awarded to Metroline with 2008 Euro IV diesel double deck, PVR 15. Start date 22 July.

markcf83

Metroline intend to use the 2012 Enviros going spare from the W9 to use on the 382,plus some other buses yet to be decided.

Stuharris 6360

Attached is a copy of the 2018/9 tendering document for those who are interested.

markcf83

Most helpful Stu. I'll download a copy from the TfL website this week at some point.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk