News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

New Routemaster News:

Conversion of route 211 is now complete with the last bus entering service on 15/06/16.

Several of the New Routemasters for Metroline route 189 have already been delivered, some of which were
planned to enter service from Monday 21 June. However, a route survey carried out this week by TfL revealed
that the recent changes made to Brent Cross Bus Station has made the terminal unsuitable for these buses.

Whether further alterations will be made or the buses allocated to another route remains to be seen.

News is also awaited for the further 200 New Routemasters that were purchased earlier this year.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Just seen first Borismaster fitted with opening side windows LT764 hardly notice them unless you looked. Sliders to prevent passengers from banging their heads!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/W49Lx9

Tony

Quote from: JoNi on June 23, 2016, 06:37:16 PM
Just seen first Borismaster fitted with opening side windows LT764 hardly notice them unless you looked. Sliders to prevent passengers from banging their heads!

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/W49Lx9

I've just photographed 787 that hasn't got them.

markcf83

News that emerged yesterday in regard of tender results. Firstly the 76,currently run by Arriva London from Tottenham is to be run by GoAhead London using the unpopular Roastmasters-as described by other people. This will begin on the 28th of January next year. Moving the other way,on the 25th of March,is the 259. Routes 10-London United(V),89/N89-GoAhead London(BX) and 476-GoAhead London(NP) all remain where they currently are.
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Stuharris 6360

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

monkeyjoe

Just saw that on the local London news, not sure what value they actually add anyway

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: monkeyjoe on July 11, 2016, 06:50:46 PM
Just saw that on the local London news, not sure what value they actually add anyway

Apart from allowing the rear door to stay open and people being able to jump on and off at leisure, nothing.

However as all three doors will remain in operation still, it just means they will be similar to the Bendis, great for those who fancy a free journey.

Tiptonian

Perhaps the outstanding NRMs should be built to the shorter length without the rear doors and stairs, i.e. a true son of Routemaster with NRM mechanical and electrical components. 

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Tiptonian on July 12, 2016, 12:42:15 AM
Perhaps the outstanding NRMs should be built to the shorter length without the rear doors and stairs, i.e. a true son of Routemaster with NRM mechanical and electrical components.

It's not known yet what the remaining NRMs on order will be or what routes they will operate on.

There are still problems at Brent Cross bus station which means that LTs cannot operate on route 189 at the moment, buses for the route are entering service but on other already converted routes at the moment.

Last date for Customer Assistant operation is reported to be Friday 2nd September.

markcf83

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on July 12, 2016, 01:52:01 PM
It's not known yet what the remaining NRMs on order will be or what routes they will operate on.

There are still problems at Brent Cross bus station which means that LTs cannot operate on route 189 at the moment, buses for the route are entering service but on other already converted routes at the moment.

Last date for Customer Assistant operation is reported to be Friday 2nd September.

See further up this page for one route that will be getting them in January next year. I posted it.

Ian Hardy

Only two additional routes to get LTs have announced (apart from Metroline's 189 which is currently being converted to LT slowly) and they are:

Go Ahead's London Central's 21 at New Cross (PVR x27) (the new contract starts on 08/10/16)

&

76 which will transfer from Arriva London North to Go Ahead London General at Northumberland Park when the new contract starts on 28/01/17 (PVR x25).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ian Hardy on July 12, 2016, 08:53:09 PM
Only two additional routes to get LTs have announced (apart from Metroline's 189 which is currently being converted to LT slowly) and they are:

Go Ahead's London Central's 21 at New Cross (PVR x27) (the new contract starts on 08/10/16)

&

76 which will transfer from Arriva London North to Go Ahead London General at Northumberland Park when the new contract starts on 28/01/17 (PVR x25).

From LOTs Website

"At present LTs are suspended from the 189 whilst modifications to the stand arrangements at Brent Cross take place. "

Stuharris 6360

Transport for London Bus Tender Awards – announced on 13/07/16

TRANCHE 542

Route 436 (Lewisham-Peckham-Camberwell-Vauxhall-Battersea Park)
Retained by Go Ahead, London Central, with 2011 Euro V hybrid double deckers.
PVR-10 to 21 plus 1 crosslinked from route 63 in the PM peak.  Contract commences on 19/11/16.

This route is awarded as specified, subject to consultation, incorporating the restructure to terminate at Battersea Park instead of Paddington.

Stuharris 6360

Tranche 532 has been published, the 42 & 108  stay with London Central.

Both routes listed above are awarded as specified, subject to consultation where appropriate. Route 42 is converted to double deck operation and extended from Denmark Hill to East Dulwich, Sainsbury's. Route 108 is rerouted between Poplar and Stratford via Violet Road, Carpenters Road and Stratford City Bus Station to terminate at Stratford International Station.

markcf83

Rerouting of the 42,and if my memory is correct the 108 also,is due very soon. I also understand the 108 will gain a number of the Citaros which will be available once the electric Red Arrows enter service,which also is not very far away. They would need some extra seats installed first.....

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk