News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niall

Does anyone know if there are any more E200MMC deliveries due? I saw two heading south on the M25 this afternoon with what looked like (from the very brief glance I got of them) London United spec interiors.
I'm on Flickr and Youtube

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Niall on January 21, 2016, 06:26:59 PM
Does anyone know if there are any more E200MMC deliveries due? I saw two heading south on the M25 this afternoon with what looked like (from the very brief glance I got of them) London United spec interiors.

@Niall  Only ones I can find are these for Arriva:

New 9.7m Alexander Dennis B26F Enviro 200MMC single deckers, for the new contract commencing on
23/01/16 on route: B13 (New Eltham–Days Lane–Blendon–Upton–Bexleyheath). UW: 7407kgs.
These buses have just started to be delivered, so will phase into service following preparation.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

CL

Teacher Inset Day today. Had a grand idea for a spontaneous trip to London...Had (not so much) fun navigating around the tedious Underground network; a bit fun, won't lie... :P Visited the LT Museum, and just had a great time in general.

I finally did get to sample a Borismaster (on the 137), and an E400H City - and in my opinion, I prefer the New Routemasters... Didn't catch the fleet number of the Routemaster, but I do believe the E400H I rode was 'HA7'. The Enviro 400H City just seemed to squeak and rattle so much for a *relatively* new bus, compared to the New Routemasters, which I actually like the design of. If you'd ask me, this is a prime example of why many of us favour Wrightbus over ADL.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

JoNi

Borismasters are due to operate on a Rail Replacement Service between Dalston Kingsland and Shadwell on Saturday (and possibly Sunday) 13/14 Feb. There should be 4 from AR and 2 from BN on Saturday. They may also appear on Sunday, but other buses would be available then, so not guaranteed. A route survey has apparently been undertaken round tight corners at Shadwell!

Stuharris 6360

A paper proposing the purchase of 195 additional New Routemasters will go before the TfL Board in public on 3
February 2016. The Board is asked to approve additional unbudgeted Financial, Project and Procurement
Authority for the purchase of up to 195 additional New Routemaster (NRM) buses. This is an increase to the
current project scope. Authority is also sought for iBus and ticketing equipment, and normal mid-life
refurbishment and related matters necessary for the operation of these additional NRMs. On 21 January 2016,
the Finance and Policy Committee considered a similar paper, which recommended the purchase of 30 NRMs.
The Committee requested an option for the purchase of a further 165 NRMs to also be considered by the Board.

This follows a previous statement made in September 2015 that TfL had no plans to order any more NRMs.
However, in January 2016, two statements have been made, firstly to seek approval to order 30 more and now
to seek approval order an additional 165. The additional 195 buses will take the total ordered to 1000.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Bryan

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 29, 2016, 08:16:51 PM
A paper proposing the purchase of 195 additional New Routemasters will go before the TfL Board in public on 3
February 2016. ........................

The order was approved and, if the newspaper article below is accurate, they could well be the very last ones to be purchased. It seems that a change of mindset is occurring in London in an attempt to reduce TfL costs (and not before time).

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/davehillblog/2016/feb/03/london-mayor-cut-price-deal-could-signal-end-of-boris-bus

tphi12000

LT691 for Abellio noted passing through the West Midlands on the M6 this morning.
Tony

JoNi

Boris has been to Wrights to seal the deal for the 195 more Borismasters at the cut price of 319 grand per bus! Video on ITV news channel!

Stuharris 6360

LT62 has now returned to London after it's accident onn 22/09/13, and is currently at BX being prepared for service.

Current thought is that it has been transferred to London Central and operate from Q on the 12!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on March 05, 2016, 07:56:44 PM
LT62 has now returned to London after it's accident onn 22/09/13, and is currently at BX being prepared for service.

Current thought is that it has been transferred to London Central and operate from Q on the 12!
Blimey, that was insanely long!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Ronnoc on March 05, 2016, 08:23:50 PM
Blimey, that was insanely long!

From what i heard, it had to be returned Wrightbus and was subject to legal arguments and at one time was to be written off.

barry619

ADL have taken another London order for the E400H City but I do not know from which operator yet. There is also a launch of something new from Wrightbus next week, which I believe to be its response to the City.

Dylanbusboy45

I think the route that's getting some Enviro 400H city's is the 26 Waterloo-Hackney Wick. Not sure which company that is.

CL

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on March 11, 2016, 06:27:27 PM
I think the route that's getting some Enviro 400H city's is the 26 Waterloo-Hackney Wick. Not sure which company that is.
Tower Transit, right?
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Dylanbusboy45

Yes Tower Transit @clayderman . Saw it on the LOTS website but couldn't remember the company until I just checked!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk