News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

At the moment it's only the 78 Shoreditch-Nunhead

Stuharris 6360

Seems TFL are asking for finance for another 30 New Routemasters to be ordered with delivery by September 2016

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

barry619

I believe that it won't just be London where you will be able to ride a City Enviro400 before too much longer and that an announcement about the next customer has either been made or will be in this week's trade press. Rumour has it that it's a real 'out of the left field' buyer.

John

Quote from: barry619 on January 18, 2016, 06:53:30 PM
I believe that it won't just be London where you will be able to ride a City Enviro400 before too much longer and that an announcement about the next customer has either been made or will be in this week's trade press. Rumour has it that it's a real 'out of the left field' buyer.

Blackpool Transport for route 9. Just read it on the Buses Facebook page

Trident 4609

As there isn't a thread for Blackpool Transport (and i'm not starting a topic just for this)

Yes, Blackpool Transport are the first operator outside London to order Enviro 400 City's. They are for service 9 (Blackpool-Cleevley's and will be part of the premium 'Palladium' brand.

Article Here:
https://m.facebook.com/busesmagazine/photos/a.862897400394097.1073741827.778598075490697/1241160252567808/?type=3&theater

Cheese

Quote from: Nathan on January 19, 2016, 06:11:34 PM
Are there any Enviro 400 City's due on delivery? Maybe @Stuharris 6360 knows?

I ask as there is a photo  on flickr of an Arriva London Enviro 400 City on trade plates parked in Blackpool Transport's yard (presumably for full evaluation/training etc)

The Enviro 400 City visited Blackpool Transport on the 12th October last year, my mate who worked for Blackpool Transport at the time sent me a few pics when it was in the yard, think he had a nosy round it and was quite impressed.  Is it from then, or has another one paid a visit since then prior to theirs being delivered?

In terms of Arriva London, HA1-19 are already in the process of entering service at I believe Ash Grove, all but HA16 and 19 may now be in service on the 78.

Trident 4609

Quote from: Cheese on January 19, 2016, 08:15:27 PM
The Enviro 400 City visited Blackpool Transport on the 12th October last year, my mate who worked for Blackpool Transport at the time sent me a few pics when it was in the yard, think he had a nosy round it and was quite impressed.  Is it from then, or has another one paid a visit since then prior to theirs being delivered?

In terms of Arriva London, HA1-19 are already in the process of entering service at I believe Ash Grove, all but HA16 and 19 may now be in service on the 78.

Oh right. Cheers for that info. I was sent a photo of it today. I hadn't been told when it was taken.

I have searched for it on Flickr myself. You are correct. My bad. It was taken on 12th October 2015.

JoNi

https://www.flickr.com/gp/92409298@N06/7Xm643
Enviro 400 City HA7 seen at Finsbury Park tonight on 106 operating from Ash Grove, which also operates the 254 as well as the 78.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Nathan on January 19, 2016, 06:11:34 PM
Are there any Enviro 400 City's due on delivery? Maybe @Stuharris 6360 knows?

I ask as there is a photo  on flickr of an Arriva London Enviro 400 City on trade plates parked in Blackpool Transport's yard (presumably for full evaluation/training etc)

@Nathan

As far as I am aware, there are no new orders for the Enviro City for London currently.

I think a lot will hang on who wins the London mayoral election as several of the candidates are keen to see no more New Routemasters purchased. Leon Daniels has already intimated that the Enviro City is the natural next step following on from the NRM and so I would expect orders to follow.

The 30 extra NRMs ordered are to keep the production lines going past May, but if as has been suggested, the new Major says no new NRMs to be ordered from TFL funds, then I doubt if operators will go for them under the tendering process and so the cheaper option of the City will be very appealing.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

JoNi

Presumably there will have to be some sort of float to cover for existing Borismasters being fitted with opening windows.

Gareth

The new issue of BUSES magazine mentions LT806 has been built and is expected to enter service at Holloway for route 91. It retains twin staircase and three doors but is about 1m shorter.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JoNi on January 19, 2016, 10:49:43 PM
Presumably there will have to be some sort of float to cover for existing Borismasters being fitted with opening windows.

That's an interesting question although i haven't seen anything about this mentioned, apart from the fact that they hope to have it completed by the summer. They will possibly also need some float buses because eventually all NRMs will require a mid life overhaul which was included in the purchase price.

The extra 30 NRMs are supposedly to fit in with the proposed route allocation of these vehicles better, however the proposal paper does seem to point to it being to keep both production lines open past May.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on January 19, 2016, 11:00:34 PM
The new issue of BUSES magazine mentions LT806 has been built and is expected to enter service at Holloway for route 91. It retains twin staircase and three doors but is about 1m shorter.

Yes, it is to be tested on route 91 although the fleet number may be ST2001.

Gareth

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on January 19, 2016, 11:11:40 PM
Yes, it is to be tested on route 91 although the fleet number may be ST2001.

I can understand ST1, but 2001 is just random!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Gareth on January 19, 2016, 11:19:23 PM
I can understand ST1, but 2001 is just random!

Your not the only one confused as there has been a big debate about it on the London Bus Forums. To be honest I would have thought they would just keep whatever number they were upto in deliveries, but just substitute ST for LT!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk