News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suavegarv

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: suavegarv on April 21, 2015, 10:09:31 PM
Two more New Routemasters off the road.See : http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3045931/Now-s-tight-squeeze-Mercedes-squashed-buses-four-vehicle-pile-up.html?ITO=1490&ns_mchannel=rss&ns_campaign=1490.
Also, an apparent computer? malfunction caused this crash as well. See: www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-32342684Cached

This link is not working, however if you are refering to the LT62 accident then it has not been proved either way what caused the accident.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

suavegarv

Stuharris 6360

Conversion of route 73 to new Routemaster is now underway, although LT472 has already received front end rta damage!!
(Update ran into the back of LT25 on the 390 at lunchtime today) Another 2 LTs off the road!

Routes 149 & 168 have been confirmed by TFL as next for conversion

TfL has launched a consultation on changes to night services from September when night tube services begin. Full details on https://consultations.tfl.gov.uk/buses/night-bus-review

Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: John on January 25, 2015, 08:04:50 PM

Have asked on LVF if anybody knows what has happened to 19000.

LT358 out on the 55 today!

Just looked on LVF, and 19000 appears to be back out on the 55. Hopefully I can find it before Sunday

Thanks to LVF, managed to find 19000 Friday afternoon on the 55. It took me a good few hours though!
https://www.flickr.com/photos/john-s-91/16178704928/

19000 has managed to hang on in London and is now allocated to Rainham garage with a lot of time being spent on routes 103, 248 & 252.

Stuharris 6360

latest New Routemaster News.

service 73 is now 2/3 complete, the final batch of buses are now being delivered have a rear door modification so that only part of the door opens.

Next routes due to be converted

149 will be converted on 17 Oct 15

159 contract awarded to Abellio and will use new Routemasters from 12 Dec 15 (Strange one as it will be run from Bebbington Cross garage in Croydon, why it couldn't have been re awarded to Arriva when the bus stops right outside Brixton Garage, dead running galore)

91 will be converted on the 6 Feb 16.

Old Routemasters are to continue on the 15H but the frequency will drop to every 20 minutes from 14 Nov 15, however Leon Daniels has said that an announcement is imminent for the 15H to make it more attractive for people to ride on???

winston

Abellio's first NFBL route 159 is to be run from Battersea Depot (QB) not Beddington Cross.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on June 17, 2015, 08:14:05 PM
Abellio's first NFBL route 159 is to be run from Battersea Depot (QB) not Beddington Cross.

According to Ian Rivett via London Bus News, it is to be Bebbington Cross @Winston

winston

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 17, 2015, 09:08:22 PM
According to Ian Rivett via London Bus News, it is to be Bebbington Cross @Winston

According to the TFL forum & Abellio Staff on the London Bus forum the 159 is being run from Battersea. It's highly unlikely Beddington Cross would even have capacity for the 159.
http://www.thetflforum.co.uk/forum/printthread.php?tid=1331

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Winston on June 17, 2015, 09:19:09 PM
According to the TFL forum & Abellio Staff on the London Bus forum the 159 is being run from Battersea. It's highly unlikely Beddington Cross would even have capacity for the 159.
http://www.thetflforum.co.uk/forum/printthread.php?tid=1331

Unusual for Ian to be wrong.

Still say that Arriva should have kept the service, still quite a bit of dead running between Battersea and Streatham Station.

JoNi

That's the reality of franchising, nostalgia does come into it. Operators are purely contractors providing services with no incentive to use local knowledge to develop services.
I was advised the 159 was cut back from Paddington Basin because Borismasters couldn't get round some of the corners.

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: JoNi on June 18, 2015, 05:41:15 AM
That's the reality of franchising, nostalgia does come into it. Operators are purely contractors providing services with no incentive to use local knowledge to develop services.
I was advised the 159 was cut back from Paddington Basin because Borismasters couldn't get round some of the corners.

I don't think it was ever really used that much when it terminated at Paddington Basin.

Stuharris 6360

Metroline TEH1224 has been fitted with new blind technology, I understand this is called a e-ink blind. Technology similar to a kindle apparently.

Don't know if anybody knows anymore about this kind of technology!

JoNi

London buses to trial speed safety technology

The Mayor and TfL announced today that Intelligent Speed Adaptation (ISA), an innovative technology that ensures vehicles can't exceed speed limits, will be trialled on 47 London buses on routes 19 (which runs from Battersea to Finsbury Park) and route 486 (which runs from North Greenwich to Bexleyheath). These routes include a variety of different road environments, with differing speed limits, which will allow the new technology to be fully tested.

Jack Skillen, London Director of Living Streets, said: "It's critical that we make walking safer and easier as a way of improving people's  Intelligent Speed Adaptation being implemented on London's bus fleet and the introduction of more 20 mph limits to help reduce road danger and make our streets safer for pedestrians. We have been working closely with TfL to put the Pedestrian Safety Action Plan in place, and look forward to seeing the roll out of ISA more widely across London."

The data informing the ISA trials will come from TfL's Digital Speed Limit map of London, which was re-launched last year.

Extract from TfL press release

domino.99

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on June 25, 2015, 01:24:37 PM
Metroline TEH1224 has been fitted with new blind technology, I understand this is called a e-ink blind. Technology similar to a kindle apparently.

Don't know if anybody knows anymore about this kind of technology!

It's baisically a Kindle screen like you said. It involves some sort of smart ink that can be selected, Very expensive though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk