News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

London Buses.

Started by Stuharris 6360, November 21, 2013, 08:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuharris 6360

Still no sign of LT62 after its accident on 22 September 2013.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kiewii on February 03, 2015, 09:20:35 PM
LT360 (which entered service yesterday) has already been in an accident, with the front nearside all smashed up
and Leyton have lost another one, LT315 is so i am told parked in Hackney with severe front end damage.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Ronnoc

Yes, these Routemasters are very weak at the front.

Tony

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on February 04, 2015, 08:14:04 PM

Have you tried headbutting one. I think you will find they are not!

Stuharris 6360

For some reason, LT315 managed to drive straight into the back of DW516 which was on the 106, DW516 is said to have significant damage to, i just wonder if there is some reason why we get a few incidents with these new Routemasters. A few of the accidents have happened shortly after the type has been introduced at a garage.

I just wonder if driver familiarisation is as thorough as it should be??

@Tony As a matter of interest, If a new bus type is introduced to a garage, what sort of training should take place?

CL

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2015, 08:18:51 PM

But also, you'd find that they're not just the 'Routemasters' - to avoid confusion with the iconic model, I'd rather call them the 'New Routemasters', or to be more efficient (to me) the 'Borismasters' - just thought I ought to clear that up.  ;)
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Ronnoc

Quote from: Tony on February 04, 2015, 08:18:51 PM

Well, my head isn't that strong to smash the front of a bus.  :D

mikestone

Metroline E40 TE1745 lost its roof to a tree on Kingsway on Monday.
;
Seems to be rather neatly sliced off, especially considering London traffic speeds.
;

Ex BC driver

Saw an LT heading south on the M40 earlier today, couldn't see the registration as I was going north. But there was no fleet number or operating company logo. This is the second one I've seen like this

Stuharris 6360

Route 12 next for NB4L

Stuharris 6360

Transport for London announced on 02/03/15 that Arriva has been awarded the contract to operate route 312,
which will become the first route in London to be operated entirely by electric buses, from September 2015.
There are currently two Optare MetroCity electric single deck buses on route 312, which runs between South
Croydon and Norwood Junction. These two buses have been used as an initial test to establish whether the
technology could stand up to the rigours of operating in an intense urban environment such as London. Arriva is
currently in talks with bus manufacturers with a view to adding a further seven electric buses to the route. A date
for the route 312's conversion to all electric buses will be confirmed later this year.

Stuharris 6360

NB4L update,

Route 15 has now been virtually completed and the next route is the 12.

Driver training is taking place at Stamford Hill ready for the conversion of the 73!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Matt on April 06, 2015, 10:31:55 PM
Do they still have old RM's on there??

@Matt, yes 5 are used every day on the heritage service . Stagecoach have a pool of 10 for them.

TFL are going to look at all the RMs they have and choose the best 10 and are looking to have them refurbished!

Stuharris 6360

New route 12 NB4L, LT437 has been involved in an accident with a taxi and is off the road!

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Stuharris 6360 on February 03, 2015, 09:34:10 PM
Still no sign of LT62 after its accident on 22 September 2013.

LT62 is now back in Ireland at Wrights and is the subject of a complex legal battle, it is being said that it may never see service again!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk