News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

VERY Late running services

Started by Stu, November 14, 2013, 06:09:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve3229vp

Quote from: The Fox 4846 on September 01, 2021, 03:27:41 PM
From bus times the 33 seems to be running late as there is 5 buses within 10 minutes of each other heading toward Pheasey between Perry park and Warren farm.
If it's the same as yesterday then the delay/late running is down to part of Kings Road that was closed (roadworks I think) and the 33 was re-routed between Kingstanding Circle and Finchley Road via Banners Gate and New Oscott, the 5 was also doing the same.

Trident 4194

3 x10s heading to Birmingham in Cradley Heath

Jack D

Not sure why but 96 is having some severe timing issues today, one was 32 minutes late earlier.

j789

I go to all the West Brom home games and the traffic around the M5 J1 island has got significantly worse over recent times on match days. I use J1 to come of the M5 going north and it took 20 minutes today just to get on the island. All the traffic was completely backed up in both directions on Birmingham Road at the island before the match. There also seemed to have been an accident on the West Brom bound Birmingham Road after the game trapping a number of buses.

During match days, there has always been heavy traffic but now it seems far worse. A few weeks ago during an evening game it was absolutely chaotic. I know the 74 has a diversion after the match but many buses were still trapped in the traffic. As usual there were plenty of police at the game today (it was against Millwall after all!) but no traffic police seen anywhere trying to sort out the chaos.

I hope NXWM have put in regular complaints to the police and council about this situation as it must be causing significant delays to the 74 at both ends of the route. The island needs a complete makeover with a flyover built for the A41 over the island.

Trident 4194

Quote from: j789 on September 11, 2021, 06:50:48 PM
I go to all the West Brom home games and the traffic around the M5 J1 island has got significantly worse over recent times on match days. I use J1 to come of the M5 going north and it took 20 minutes today just to get on the island. All the traffic was completely backed up in both directions on Birmingham Road at the island before the match. There also seemed to have been an accident on the West Brom bound Birmingham Road after the game trapping a number of buses.

During match days, there has always been heavy traffic but now it seems far worse. A few weeks ago during an evening game it was absolutely chaotic. I know the 74 has a diversion after the match but many buses were still trapped in the traffic. As usual there were plenty of police at the game today (it was against Millwall after all!) but no traffic police seen anywhere trying to sort out the chaos.

I hope NXWM have put in regular complaints to the police and council about this situation as it must be causing significant delays to the 74 at both ends of the route. The island needs a complete makeover with a flyover built for the A41 over the island.

Doesn't help that WMT are completely incompetent and keep cancelling train services on the line meaning more people are driving to games.

j789

Quote from: Trident 4194 on September 11, 2021, 07:28:25 PM
Doesn't help that WMT are completely incompetent and keep cancelling train services on the line meaning more people are driving to games.

The noticeably increased traffic on the northbound M5 at J1 would suggest more people are driving to games from the Stourbridge and Worcestershire areas. As I said though, I hope NXWM are putting pressure on those in charge of the road system to find a solution to this chaos. There is another match this coming Tuesday evening so I expect even worse traffic then.

ellspurs

There are signs on the motorway matrixes multiple days in advance to avoid that junction on match days/evenings.

Suppose it doesn't help either with the metro works in Birmingham City Centre.

Ticket machine on 7532 on the X2 said it was running 15 minutes down this morning. Also packed with a full and standing load.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 16, 2021, 11:52:08 AM
Ticket machine on 7532 on the X2 said it was running 15 minutes down this morning. Also packed with a full and standing load.

Thats not bad really, considering the traffic congestion caused by all the roadworks along Coventry Road.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Dom

Quote from: 2206 on September 16, 2021, 11:52:08 AM

Ahh schucks, BC forgot to fill the buses up with Red Bull again  ::)

Stu

I expect there were a lot of very late journeys today, in particular for all services that pass through Digbeth, no doubt because of today's Pride parade.

Some journeys on BusTimes are showing as operating over an hour late.
My locals:

ellspurs

Yep kinda noticed that.

97 I finally caught I had been waiting 25 minutes for, and then it skipped most of the stops into the city.

Quote from: Stu on September 25, 2021, 05:03:22 PM
I expect there were a lot of very late journeys today, in particular for all services that pass through Digbeth, no doubt because of today's Pride parade.

Some journeys on BusTimes are showing as operating over an hour late.
Football match on as well seemingly, which could also delay Digbeth routes.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on September 25, 2021, 05:09:44 PM
Football match on as well seemingly, which could also delay Digbeth routes.

Birmingham City playing at home does not normally cause this level of disruption.

My locals:

Quote from: Stu on September 25, 2021, 08:08:56 PM
Birmingham City playing at home does not normally cause this level of disruption.
It will have added time to already late buses  and having to take long diversions I would think.
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/279112?date=2021-09-25#journeys/169434902
https://bustimes.org/services/17-birmingham-tile-cross-via-yew-tree/vehicles?date=2021-09-25#journeys/169436259

They used to send the 97 via Saltley due to it as well I think, the tracking for 4466 on the 16:54 journey seems to show it lost 40 minutes on Garison Lane.

I only noticed there was a football match as the train was packed and unusually stopped at Bordesley, where they all got off.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk