News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

First drop out of nBus

Started by Tony, November 07, 2013, 08:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony

I have been told today by someone at Centro that First have dropped out of nBus from today meaning nBus is no longer accepted on the 144 between Birmingham & Rednal. This is because they don't want the smart readers and some nBus products are going onto Swift.

PM

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2013, 08:11:27 PM
I have been told today by someone at Centro that First have dropped out of nBus from today meaning nBus is no longer accepted on the 144 between Birmingham & Rednal. This is because they don't want the smart readers and some nBus products are going onto Swift.

That's interesting though tbf i used to try to catch them, they always made a complete fuss about it and were rude or drove past. Think the 144 will struggle even more-much better when diamond ran it and made an effort. Do first literally not have a clue?

Justin Tyme

The Network West Midlands website says for First: accept nBus - no, accept nNetwork - yes.  A few of the smaller operators are the same.

Tony

Quote from: Justin Tyme on November 07, 2013, 09:22:52 PM
The Network West Midlands website says for First: accept nBus - no, accept nNetwork - yes.  A few of the smaller operators are the same.

Yes, that is now correct, but they did accept nBus until very recently

Trident 4609

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

Yes i know as i used the 144 last Thursday with my N-Buss pass

Justin Tyme

Quote from: Tony on November 07, 2013, 09:58:55 PM

I'm happy to accept that the change has just happened - apologies if I seemed to imply otherwise.  I was interested to see that (a) Network West Midlands have updated their information quickly (which is good) and (b) a fair number of operators don't accept nBus but accept nNetwork (which I guess has probably been the case for some time).

Kevin

They never seemed to like my nNetwork pass when I used to go to uni. Why don't they just be done with it and make all the stops in Birmingham pick up only out of town and set down only into town, as they don't seem to like passengers within Birmingham
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

j789

I think if you see the number of people who wait for the 144 between Rubery and Birmingham, especially in the mornings and evening, you will see the service is certainly not struggling. There is no issue about accepting Nnetwork passes and I am happy to stop at all our designated stops but unfortunately quite a high number of people take the mick and try to use their pass all the way to Bromsgrove and beyond. They then assume they can use them on the return journey too back into Brum and you get aggro from them when they are refused.
I think the best thing would be for the 144 to just stop at every stop between Rubery and Brum as with the traffic on Bristol Road continually worsening the 144 is no quicker than the 63 as it gets stuck in the same traffic.

PM

Quote from: j789 on November 09, 2013, 01:09:10 PM
I think if you see the number of people who wait for the 144 between Rubery and Birmingham, especially in the mornings and evening, you will see the service is certainly not struggling. There is no issue about accepting Nnetwork passes and I am happy to stop at all our designated stops but unfortunately quite a high number of people take the mick and try to use their pass all the way to Bromsgrove and beyond. They then assume they can use them on the return journey too back into Brum and you get aggro from them when they are refused.
I think the best thing would be for the 144 to just stop at every stop between Rubery and Brum as with the traffic on Bristol Road continually worsening the 144 is no quicker than the 63 as it gets stuck in the same traffic.

Its not as busy as it used to be. I used it every day about 7 years ago and it was very busy, with the 143 and diamond buses carrying good loads. Now the 144 is at the loads the 143/64 used to be at and of course the frequency has been cut as well. Shame-they could do much much better on that corridor

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk