News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Post your favourite bus videos

Started by Sh4318, October 06, 2013, 09:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liverpool Street

Quote from: trident4370 on June 01, 2014, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 31, 2014, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on May 31, 2014, 07:16:32 PM
As promised 4089 in HD, truth be told I'd forgotten the first 2 videos were still on my channel!

Compare with - - All respective copyrights given. Sounds near identical. Obviously you couldn't quite get perfection in comparison to the Lynxs, but I doubt 2001 is coming back any time soon.

Ahh I miss that sound on the 35 :(

I know, the 35 and the 35 and the 27 once upon a time... remember that?

Bit of trivia; was the 35 the only route bar the saver bus which had branding on both single and double deck vehicles?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

trident4370

Haha I kind of remember that, I was very young at the time though but I remember those routes being confusing.
No idea regarding the branding but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on June 01, 2014, 07:24:04 PM
Haha I kind of remember that, I was very young at the time though but I remember those routes being confusing.
No idea regarding the branding but I'm sure someone else will be able to answer that question.

Yep, I remember that though again I was pretty young at the time. Metrobuses and lynxes were both branded route 35 though the lynxes additionally had circular 35 branding towards the back. I always thought on the branded buses that Route 35 would have looked better than route 35 but I'm probably just being fussy about grammar!

That was after the route was split again though in 2003? As prior to that the 35 covered the 27 route.

As an aside, does anyone else find the current 27 confusing? I used to know where it went around Northfield but now I don't have a clue! Buses seem to go in completely different directions from certain stops and it seems to do a weird loop around Northfield!!

trident4370

I think with the 27, buses towards Maypole turn left out of Woodland Road, head down Great Stone Road, then right onto Bristol road so they can serve the high st. Down Church road and then they stay on Bunbury road and proceed to Bournville. Hawkesley bound buses just do the reverse if I'm right.

the trainbasher

Quote from: Liverpool Street on June 01, 2014, 07:09:40 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on June 01, 2014, 07:05:32 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on May 31, 2014, 10:07:06 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on May 31, 2014, 07:16:32 PM
As promised 4089 in HD, truth be told I'd forgotten the first 2 videos were still on my channel!

Compare with - - All respective copyrights given. Sounds near identical. Obviously you couldn't quite get perfection in comparison to the Lynxs, but I doubt 2001 is coming back any time soon.

Ahh I miss that sound on the 35 :(

I know, the 35 and the 35 and the 27 once upon a time... remember that?

Bit of trivia; was the 35 the only route bar the saver bus which had branding on both single and double deck vehicles?

Hagley Road had the B10Ls branded and the E400s branded (albiet with a bit of a gap IIRC...)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

PM

Quote from: trident4370 on June 01, 2014, 07:50:49 PM
I think with the 27, buses towards Maypole turn left out of Woodland Road, head down Great Stone Road, then right onto Bristol road so they can serve the high st. Down Church road and then they stay on Bunbury road and proceed to Bournville. Hawkesley bound buses just do the reverse if I'm right.

Thanks for the info @trident4370. It still seems rather complicated and the existing route via Pamela Rd and South Rd seemed far more sensible.

Liverpool Street

Quote from: DiamondDart on June 01, 2014, 08:01:07 PM
Quote from: trident4370 on June 01, 2014, 07:50:49 PM

Thanks for the info @trident4370. It still seems rather complicated and the existing route via Pamela Rd and South Rd seemed far more sensible.

I agree @DiamondDart - That current 27 is still confusing even though it has been explained to me many times. It stops at the same stops on the same and opposite sides of the road I don't know :(
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

2:34 on this! Gosh that takes me back...

nitromatt1

Reminds me of being on a late night 244

Sh4318

My favourite modern bus (apart from Euro 3 voith Tridents) has to be this gearbox, has to be this euro engine:
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk