News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 27, 2018, 05:14:02 PM
Is there still an open day next weekend? I'm interested in going along to it but I can't find any information about it.

Link for official page for the open day
https://en-gb.facebook.com/tamworthrunningday/

DJ

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 27, 2018, 05:37:05 PM

Link for official page for the open day
https://en-gb.facebook.com/tamworthrunningday/

Ah cheers, I don't use Facebook since I don't trust them as a company so I never looked on there.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

Dylanbusboy45

Quote from: StourValley98 on July 27, 2018, 07:17:29 PM
Ah cheers, I don't use Facebook since I don't trust them as a company so I never looked on there.

Me neither, that was just from a quick google search. At least you can still view pages on there

DJ

Quote from: Dylanbusboy45 on July 27, 2018, 07:18:44 PM
Me neither, that was just from a quick google search. At least you can still view pages on there

Yeah, that's true at least. I did try googling it myself but nothing came up, so thanks for the help.

DJ

I was only there for an hour or so in total, but even then, the open day today was quite enjoyable. Thanks to the team at the garage for putting it on, hopefully @Simon@Arriva could pass on my thanks if nobody from that garage uses this site. I'll hopefully make it along to the next event, be that Cannon Hill, Showbus or something else.

Simon@Arriva

Quote from: StourValley98 on August 05, 2018, 11:20:32 PM
I was only there for an hour or so in total, but even then, the open day today was quite enjoyable. Thanks to the team at the garage for putting it on, hopefully @Simon@Arriva could pass on my thanks if nobody from that garage uses this site. I'll hopefully make it along to the next event, be that Cannon Hill, Showbus or something else.

Hi

I will indeed pass this on.

It was a lovely day and I was very proud of the team.

Ian Hardy

I enjoyed the open day, it was an interesting selection of vehicles on display in the garage.

The bus rides around the Tamworth area were enjoyable and I think that it was a good idea to run two buses per departure, it enable at lot more people to have rides.

I had a ride on 5919 on the 11:30 707 to Stoneydelph, 5545 on the 12:15 786 to Newton Regis & lastly Rochdale 235 on the 13:45 110 to Mile Oak.

Thank you to the Arriva staff and the vehicle owners for a good day. I hope the event raised lots of money for local charities.

Just a comment on the otherwise excellent programme:
All the departures were timed from Corporation Street but then they returned to Corportation Street :-)

It was well worth planning to spend last weekend to go on the railway lines being used by trains avoiding Derby rather than using one of the many other weekends between July and October to do the track bashing instead.

Sorry for the delay in posting this but I have just got home (in West London) having returned from my long weekend based in Chesterfield.

Ian Hardy

ntw456

I'm really happy to see the comments about this, I can honestly say I'm proud to be part of tamworth garage, and being part of the open day was amazing @Merciandamo this all happened thanks to you!

Merciandamo

Thanks for the wonderful feedback,

The day itself went fantastic, everything seemed to fit together just right and I think everyone who visited walked away with a smile on there faces.

Id personally like to thank all those who attended it, it was a real pleasure to meet enthusiasts on the day. The atmosphere was brilliant and the memories people were sharing really made it worthwhile.

Whilst I'm here I must mention the great team leading up to and on the day. I certainly couldn't of done it without them!

Might start planning the 100th soon  ;)

Thanks to All  :) :) :) :) :) :)

Michael Bevan

Cannock's 3723 is on the late night Tamworth 3A tonight.

ntw456

Quote from: Michael Bevan on September 02, 2018, 08:55:55 PM
Cannock's 3723 is on the late night Tamworth 3A tonight.

You sure 😉

Michael Bevan

Quote from: ntw456 on September 03, 2018, 11:16:29 PM
You sure 😉

Considering you were driving it @ntw456, I'm quite sure...Unless you broke down or got it swapped...

DJ

Hi all, I know this question would be better directed towards Arriva themselves but I can't see them answering the phone at this time. Does anyone know if the 110 would accept a Network pass from Birmingham to Sutton Coldfield at all?

ntw456

Quote from: StourValley98 on October 17, 2018, 11:13:23 PM
Hi all, I know this question would be better directed towards Arriva themselves but I can't see them answering the phone at this time. Does anyone know if the 110 would accept a Network pass from Birmingham to Sutton Coldfield at all?

The nbus and nnetwork ticket are valid as far as bassets pole from Birmingham

DJ

Quote from: ntw456 on October 17, 2018, 11:15:24 PM
The nbus and nnetwork ticket are valid as far as bassets pole from Birmingham

Thanks mate, much appreciated.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk