News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ashley

There's a picture of 3004 on the X60 on facebook taken today

Bob

Quote from: Squirrel on December 18, 2014, 05:37:01 PM
Quote from: Dutsey on December 18, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
How is the competing going with Central? As when I see the central bus always tends to be more patronage on it. Also from speaking to users on the Xpre55 they appear to enjoy the service more.

Not surprising, the Xpre55 is normally on time!

Theres some horrendous temporary lights on tge X60 route just before it turns off to go by waitrose in and out of lichfield.  Causing really crap delays I was 30min late for work this morning.  That will affect the reliability of the route a fair bit. Wonder if the stafford diversion and roadworks which are going to last a while will affect patronage on the X25. Saw a versa stafford bound in Brereton at 4.45pm ish tonight,  only a handful on board

Bob

Arriva pretty much chop and change and cancel without giving services a chance previous x60/74A/326/19....its not really been plugged very much either has it?

andy

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2015, 09:17:52 PM
Arriva pretty much chop and change and cancel without giving services a chance previous x60/74A/326/19....its not really been plugged very much either has it?

The old X25 used to be very popular with daytrippers in the summer, they need to ramp up promotions and marketing for the spring and give it a chance. There is definitely potential.

Trident 4609

Which 326 are you referring to?

Alex

Umm Bob, there haven't been any changes to the 326 since before Diamond had it, and if there had been, i would've known as i use it daily, and in all fairness, the 326 is really quite reliable
Hypocrites are like flares... a right pain if one goes near you, and really annoying to get rid of...

My YouTube channel: Alex Jones

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXjxo69BfENu3fiWuzCNYyg

Bob

Sorry not 326...which was the merry hill one that got withdrawn?

Bob

Yea thats the one I meant

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2015, 09:36:29 PM
Sorry not 326...which was the merry hill one that got withdrawn?

The 310, which was a good effort to give a direct Merry Hill link from an area like Willenhall but the end to end journey time was too long , people did use it though

The 19, not enough demand with the 89 from Bloxwich, 69 from New Invention and 59 from Ashmore Park so Arriva didn't stand a chance on the Lichfield Road corridor

How all this got into the Tamworth thread I don't know and ive probably wasted five minutes of my life writing this due to Bobs persistence of slating Arriva continuously from a keypad when theyre not all that bad and are at least trying to make a go of it in the black country

Bob

Might be trying but theyre not exactly having much success or impact

Ashley

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2015, 10:56:54 PM
Might be trying but theyre not exactly having much success or impact

Doesn't make them a write off though nor are they worthy of a constant slating on the internet

Bob

They took over a two bit operator with not many good routes they had a chance in the Midlands when they took over chase and messed that up. They arent gonna make a dent in nx's largely monopoly realistically are they? If they didn't have Cannock services going regularly into the WM all theyd have that was worth having is the 110 & a couple of hourly services into wolves from Shropshire which now only require midibuses...

Squirrel

Quote from: Bob on January 14, 2015, 11:18:51 PM
They took over a two bit operator with not many good routes they had a chance in the Midlands when they took over chase and messed that up. They arent gonna make a dent in nx's largely monopoly realistically are they? If they didn't have Cannock services going regularly into the WM all theyd have that was worth having is the 110 & a couple of hourly services into wolves from Shropshire which now only require midibuses...

Still doesn't warrant your continuous derogatory drivel. 

mikestone

Dutsey

What ever happened to Arrivas express services to Birmingham the X73 , X74 and X75 I believe. Surely one of these could be brought back.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk