News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Arriva Tamworth

Started by windy miller, May 03, 2012, 03:29:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on December 02, 2014, 11:50:13 AM
Is the X65 currently performing well then? Oh yes andy definitely have a few rides on streetlites if you can. Awful awful gearbox. The worst was 3306 I think. Evrry time a bit of power was needed ( like pulling from the stop at the 40mph bit of the A34, screaming kickdown ( that sounds a bit naff due to small engine etc), & thrown forward. The gears change far to quickly when ppulling off too. I cant believe Wright would make such a piece of crap. Dare I say it even Pulsars may have been a better choice for the routes.

Wright don't make the gearbox (or engine for that matter).  Its not entirely their fault they have been set up incorrectly, that is the fault of the gearbox manufacturer (as I believe Andy has already said on here) to be rectified.  Similarly, with a Pulsar unless someone can correct me here, VDL don't make the gearbox, I guess it has just been set up correctly.

Bob

True. But according to forum it was about three weeks ago that voith were supposed to have come and fixed things either thry have and its failed or they've not been. The pulsars kickdown a lot but dont throw people forward everywhere

Dutsey

This morning I saw FJ08 LVL sitting outside Macdonalds at Ventura Park. The route stated JL1 John Lewis Redditch. Is this a customer service or for workers?

How often does this run?

Tony

Quote from: Dutsey on December 05, 2014, 12:05:56 PM
This morning I saw FJ08 LVL sitting outside Macdonalds at Ventura Park. The route stated JL1 John Lewis Redditch. Is this a customer service or for workers?

How often does this run?

You may see NXWM heading down to John Lewis at Redditch as well. They are contract services

Bob

Have seen the X60 timetable on staffs website
Its definitely not geared toward an express service from cannock to lichfield and wouldnt be great for people going between burntwood and tamworth either!  Every trip through the daytime arrives in Lichfield and waits fifteen minutes or more before departing tamworth bound!  Could they not have made it a bit better than that?  Jeeeeez

Bob

Seems a bit silly though Andy it takes exactly minute for minute the same time from cannock to lichfield as the 60, so I dont get where theyre coming from with the express thing. Youd be mislead going from cannock,  & if your going from end to end its an hour and fifteen.  They may as well have left it as it was and just kept the X65. Also its half hourly from cannock at 20 & 50 past the hour and the 60 is 05 & 35, so four buses an hour daytime from cannock five if you count the 62. Can that last? ???

Bob

I wouldn't say its been neglected though. Eg the 60 has been every 30 minutes since 2007 in 860 days wasnt it only hourly?  The 62s a bit of a joke though & still usually gets the crappest buses

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on December 17, 2014, 07:34:08 PM
Seems a bit silly though Andy it takes exactly minute for minute the same time from cannock to lichfield as the 60, so I dont get where theyre coming from with the express thing. Youd be mislead going from cannock,  & if your going from end to end its an hour and fifteen.  They may as well have left it as it was and just kept the X65. Also its half hourly from cannock at 20 & 50 past the hour and the 60 is 05 & 35, so four buses an hour daytime from cannock five if you count the 62. Can that last? ???

Check the notes again on the timetable, the 60 runs until 9th Jan (or 10th Jan for the Saturday service),  the X60 from the 12th Jan (17th Jan Saturday), so still only half hourly between Cannock and Lichfield, just slightly retimed.

Cheese

Quote from: andy on December 17, 2014, 08:32:52 PM
Quote from: Cheese on December 17, 2014, 08:29:48 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 17, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

Check the notes again on the timetable, the 60 runs until 9th Jan (or 10th Jan for the Saturday service),  the X60 from the 12th Jan (17th Jan Saturday), so still only half hourly between Cannock and Lichfield, just slightly retimed.

That will teach me to listen to Bob :)

Not always good for sanity  :)

Traveline doesn't do a great job of displaying this sort of change sadly, it doesn't half look a mess, especially when the notes reach 14 or something...

Bob

Is that not four buses per hour. ...

Cheese

No.  Note 1 states until 9th Jan, Note 2 states from 12th Jan.  Still 2 buses per hour.

Bob

To the untrained eye thats very confusing!

Cheese

Quote from: Bob on December 17, 2014, 09:25:21 PM
To the untrained eye thats very confusing!

As already mentioned above the way Traveline displays service changeover dates is not very user-friendly.  Have tried and failed to suggest some alternative ways for this to be displayed.

Dutsey

How is the competing going with Central? As when I see the central bus always tends to be more patronage on it. Also from speaking to users on the Xpre55 they appear to enjoy the service more.

Squirrel

Quote from: Dutsey on December 18, 2014, 03:36:40 PM
How is the competing going with Central? As when I see the central bus always tends to be more patronage on it. Also from speaking to users on the Xpre55 they appear to enjoy the service more.

Not surprising, the Xpre55 is normally on time!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk