News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Rotala Management - Questions & Answers

Started by Simon Dunn, August 28, 2013, 06:28:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 22, 2020, 08:52:41 PM
Across all operators there were a lot of tenders due out in April.

TfWM asked individual operators to extend contracts.  We agreed a deal to extend most, some were retendered including the 108, 530, 23. 

We in the end re-won the 530, and hence the changes in position

Simon

Thanks for your reply, so just to confirm, Diamond are continuing to operate the 530 evening service, with Banga Buses operating during the daytime?

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Stu on April 22, 2020, 09:04:00 PM
Thanks for your reply, so just to confirm, Diamond are continuing to operate the 530 evening service, with Banga Buses operating during the daytime?

Yes we are continuing to operate the evening service

Bus Man K2

Hi @Simon Dunn I was just wondering when the map on the West Midlands Diamond page will be updated? This is as the 17 is still mentioned, but this service was re-numbered to 17A also the  23, 28A & 108 need to be taken off.

Plus on the website would it not make sense to group the services together that would inter-work or that would be on the same TfWM produced timetable document reather than seperate them? So this would mean the 42/43/43A would be together on one box. I'm not trying to single out operators, I will also suggest this for other operators.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on April 29, 2020, 12:32:21 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn I was just wondering when the map on the West Midlands Diamond page will be updated? This is as the 17 is still mentioned, but this service was re-numbered to 17A also the  23, 28A & 108 need to be taken off.

Plus on the website would it not make sense to group the services together that would inter-work or that would be on the same TfWM produced timetable document reather than seperate them? So this would mean the 42/43/43A would be together on one box. I'm not trying to single out operators, I will also suggest this for other operators.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards

Work is underway this week to update the map

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 29, 2020, 01:31:23 PM
Work is underway this week to update the map

Hi @Simon Dunn thanks for the  quick response.

What about my observation about grouping services together?

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on April 29, 2020, 01:42:28 PM

Our website works on having singular sites per service.  I am not an IT expert, but I am told it is not achieveable

Simon

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Simon Dunn on April 29, 2020, 01:46:27 PM
Our website works on having singular sites per service.  I am not an IT expert, but I am told it is not achieveable

Simon

Hi @Simon Dunn 

I can tell you it is achieveable. Just look an NXWM Platinum website lists. Apart from the X1 and X2 all the other services  that are on the same printed TfWM timetable are together.

Jakemat10

30120 showing to be on 4H this morning is it a ticket machine swap or is the bus actually on the route as I know this bus hasn't been on the road for a few months now 

Thanks.

Jake

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on May 01, 2020, 07:14:37 AM
30120 showing to be on 4H this morning is it a ticket machine swap or is the bus actually on the route as I know this bus hasn't been on the road for a few months now 

Thanks.

Jake

The vehicle is not in service and this will be corrected

Simon

OH25

What happened to the 89 route (Erdington to Kingstanding one)?
It says on the website it is running, but I didn't see one at all tracking or on the road

Simon Dunn

Quote from: OH25 on May 01, 2020, 06:07:24 PM
What happened to the 89 route (Erdington to Kingstanding one)?
It says on the website it is running, but I didn't see one at all tracking or on the road

We are running a reduced timetable at this time

Jakemat10

Any idea of which buses will not return to the road once lock downs over

Thanks

Jake

Bus Man K2

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on April 29, 2020, 01:42:28 PM

Hi @Simon Dunn  I know you've got better things to do with your time. I have just been on your website and noticed that the West Midlands map has been amendex to what I said. Thank you for doing that, though I have just noticed that the Coventry 1 is now still mentiond on it. This service is now run be NX. So it will need taking off this map.

Sorry for being a pain!!

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Jakemat10 on May 03, 2020, 05:02:18 PM
Any idea of which buses will not return to the road once lock downs over

Thanks

Jake

Jake

At present we don't know.  It depends upon PVR at each depot, social distancing requirements, other opportunities and the requirements of every depot

Simon

Simon Dunn

Quote from: Bus Man K2 on May 04, 2020, 06:33:47 PM
Hi @Simon Dunn  I know you've got better things to do with your time. I have just been on your website and noticed that the West Midlands map has been amendex to what I said. Thank you for doing that, though I have just noticed that the Coventry 1 is now still mentiond on it. This service is now run be NX. So it will need taking off this map.

Sorry for being a pain!!

Thank you.  I have requested that it is updated

Simon

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk