News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Johnsons

Started by jc, May 02, 2012, 06:07:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BU07 LGO

Sorry I forgot to post this but Joe confirmed to me yesterday the white trident is SN53 KJV.

nitromatt1

Quote from: BU07 LGO on July 19, 2013, 10:25:02 PM
Sorry I forgot to post this but Joe confirmed to me yesterday the white trident is SN53 KJV.

Is it ZF or Voith? Euro 3?

Trident 4609

Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 19, 2013, 10:29:28 PM

Yes The London United tridents (SN53 batch) are Euro 3 and Most if not all are ZF (Sound identical to WN tridents

nitromatt1

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 19, 2013, 10:42:12 PM
Quote from: nitromatt1 on July 19, 2013, 10:29:28 PM

Yes The London United tridents (SN53 batch) are Euro 3 and Most if not all are ZF (Sound identical to WN tridents

Thanks Nath - I'll watch one or two on Youtube :)

Trident 4609

Well i think i watched one video with a voith engine but the rest have ZF engines like ours at WN.

wmtlynx

It appears to be a 4 speed Voith  so potentially quite a beast. Won't go under the railway at Bearley which explains it being on the X50, and Omnilinks on the X20 recently.

Stu

Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 19, 2013, 10:49:50 PM
Well i think i watched one video with a voith engine but the rest have ZF engines like ours at WN.

Voith and ZF are the gearbox manufacturers, the Tridents have Cummins engines.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Trident 4609

Quote from: Stu on July 21, 2013, 10:22:30 AM
Quote from: Trident 4609 on July 19, 2013, 10:49:50 PM

Voith and ZF are the gearbox manufacturers, the Tridents have Cummins engines.

Yes i meant gearbox sorry. NX tridents have Cummins ISce engines

Dylan4579

Warwickshire branded omnilink on X50 , left with 8 passengers with two NX 50's leaving stuffed

PM

Quote from: dgss1 on July 26, 2013, 07:56:44 PM
Warwickshire branded omnilink on X50 , left with 8 passengers with two NX 50's leaving stuffed

It does really seem to be struggling lately compared to the other 3 operators-I question how long that route can survive. Shame really as its not through johnsons lack of trying with consistently the newest buses on the stretch of road which are really clean and drivers are really nice as well. Shame... hope it picks up for them-maybe they could bring in some returns for maypole to birmingham bit or maybe up the frequency

Steveminor

I remember AMPM/Solihull travel the trident would regularly take a full load in the evening peak journey, but then again there weren't so many buses on the route then plus the drivers got paid bonus so would tend to try harder to encourage people to get on. I think some people still aren't sure they can catch the johnsons bus & don't know where it goes or stops.

John

What is the usual route for the Trident, as the X20 always seems to be the one remaining branded Olympus and OmniLink 'HKZ', or is it for schools like the Volvo B7TL?

Stu

Saw YJ59 GFE this evening on the X20 heading into city in Sparkbrook, not noticed one of these on there before!

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

John

Quote from: Stu on September 25, 2013, 07:59:50 PM
Saw YJ59 GFE this evening on the X20 heading into city in Sparkbrook, not noticed one of these on there before!

With Johnsons one decker down after its accident, it is usually one of the OmniLinks alongside the other decker on the X20 from what I see.

Do Johnsons still have the ex London Trident?

nitromatt1

Quote from: John on September 25, 2013, 08:13:25 PM
Quote from: Stu on September 25, 2013, 07:59:50 PM

With Johnsons one decker down after its accident, it is usually one of the OmniLinks alongside the other decker on the X20 from what I see.

Do Johnsons still have the ex London Trident?

YJ59 GFE is an Optare Tempo though John :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk