News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

4 services

Started by PM, June 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PM

These have really picked up recently. Walsall to west brom section very busy, 4M from merry hill to west brom packed as was 4H from west brom to halesowen that I caught as well. Seems as if the new buses have made an impact tho still a lot of cadets on there along with the euro 3 dart-30849. Further b7rles should help still further

Sh4318

Quote from: Peter123 on June 12, 2013, 08:42:57 PM
These have really picked up recently. Walsall to west brom section very busy, 4M from merry hill to west brom packed as was 4H from west brom to halesowen that I caught as well. Seems as if the new buses have made an impact tho still a lot of cadets on there along with the euro 3 dart-30849. Further b7rles should help still further

I'm not surprised the 4M has got busier, the curtailing of the 289 means the 4M is the only direct route between West Bromwich and Merry Hill, I imagine NXWM's 4M has also increased in patronage
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

Ash

I haven't been on the 4M since the 289 was cutback but previously it always seemed to be busy between Cradley Heath and Merry Hill especially may be they should up the frequency to every half hour. The b7rle's are fantastic buses, the cadets have seen better days but do the job at the moment.

Sh4318

Quote from: Ash on June 12, 2013, 10:23:36 PM
I haven't been on the 4M since the 289 was cutback but previously it always seemed to be busy between Cradley Heath and Merry Hill especially may be they should up the frequency to every half hour. The b7rle's are fantastic buses, the cadets have seen better days but do the job at the moment.

Most routes are busy between Cradley Heath and Merry Hill, a lot of people get off the train and get on the bus to Merry Hill. I'm surprised Diamond didn't set the 4M frequency to every 30 minutes to compete with NXWM's 4M considering the route to Merry Hill was initially their idea
Class 153, 155 and 156. The Super Sprinters
Local Routes: 21, 89, 48/A, 12/A, 54/A
Semi-local routes: 80, 87

tank90

Quote from: Shaun on June 13, 2013, 12:03:54 AM
Quote from: Ash on June 12, 2013, 10:23:36 PM

Most routes are busy between Cradley Heath and Merry Hill, a lot of people get off the train and get on the bus to Merry Hill. I'm surprised Diamond didn't set the 4M frequency to every 30 minutes to compete with NXWM's 4M considering the route to Merry Hill was initially their idea
Not enough buses maybe that aren't knackered Darts compared to the newer and new Volvos.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

bwsau cymru

I personally think tyat stand sharing with nx at walsall is helping as people will generally jump on the first bus there
campaigning for better transport for all

Ash

Most of the time its a nxwm bus thats on there first as there is often more than one nxwm service 4 bus in bradford place at one time but i agree it has had some effect on passenger loadings for diamond if they are able to get onto the first stand. Unlike some operators at least diamond and NXWM don't try to hog the stand i.e wait for one of their companies buses to arrive before they leave and both companies stick to the timetable and vacate the stand even if the competitors bus is the next to take up the stand they are leaving.

WyreForestShuttle

Trident 4194

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 14, 2020, 04:46:14 PM
Diamond Bus 4H Every 10 Minutes from Monday
https://www.diamondbuses.com/west-midlands/service-updates/wm-changes-150620/

Haha fair play too them. Let's see how many are seen running together

l.murphy123

They could do a West Midlands Bus partnership with these (at a more appropriate time!) to encourage people to get the first bus that arrives.
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

WyreForestShuttle

The WMCA were unable to reach an agreement with the operators for West Midlands Bus to be introduced on the 4/4H/4M at the time due to the complexity of the service and the fact both operators do not operate on all sections of the route(s) however with the new legislation in place there may be scope for an Quality Enhanced Partnership at a later date however the emphasis at present are the QEP consultations currently being undertaken.

winston

It's going to get daft once Diamond increase their 4H to every 10 mins (Mon-Fri) from 19th July. It will be up too 9 bph on the 4H serving Hasbury / Hayley Green (6 x Diamond, 3 x NXWM), already some journey's end up following each other & most carry fresh air / only a handful of passengers.

It was only 7 Bph even pre-Covid levels, (4 x Diamond, 3 x NXWM), even then they weren't busy enough this end to warrant that frequency.

WyreForestShuttle

Quote from: Winston on July 16, 2020, 02:33:11 PM
It's going to get daft once Diamond increase their 4H to every 10 mins (Mon-Fri) from 19th July. It will be up too 9 bph on the 4H serving Hasbury / Hayley Green (6 x Diamond, 3 x NXWM), already some journey's end up following each other & most carry fresh air / only a handful of passengers.

It was only 7 Bph even pre-Covid levels, (4 x Diamond, 3 x NXWM), even then they weren't busy enough this end to warrant that frequency.
As a regular user throughout the Covid-19 pandemic I value the excellent frequent service operated on the 4H by NXWM & Diamond Bus where social distancing can be fully undertaken and exercised in the current climate. I would assume patronage will increase when Halesowen Leisure Centre, Halesowen College, Earls High & Windsor schools reopen in due course

Trident 4194

Quote from: WyreForestShuttle on July 16, 2020, 11:57:46 AM
The WMCA were unable to reach an agreement with the operators for West Midlands Bus to be introduced on the 4/4H/4M at the time due to the complexity of the service and the fact both operators do not operate on all sections of the route(s) however with the new legislation in place there may be scope for an Quality Enhanced Partnership at a later date however the emphasis at present are the QEP consultations currently being undertaken.

I for one am against a joint operation

l.murphy123

Quote from: Trident 4194 on July 16, 2020, 03:47:28 PM
I for one am against a joint operation

Just out of curiosity, why are you against?
Chairman of GWCH Community group and frequent user of...
   NXWM | 31, 34, 59, 60, 79, 529, X51, X529
   Diamond | 31, 57
   Chaserider | 2, 70
   Select | 71
   West Midland Metro | The Crescent

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk