News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

solihull signature changes

Started by Solo1, June 07, 2013, 05:51:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

Quote from: wilmotm (Matt Wilmot) on June 16, 2013, 10:05:25 AM
Do you think the Hybrids were for the Signature services right from the beginning as they really didn't seem to fill a purpose at Tividale often being put on unsuitable routes, I'm glad they have found a home and a job and glad they are way out of my territory as I really didn't like to travel on them at all! Cramped, noisy unreliable things

I agree Matt. They were wasted dotted around diamond routes at both Tividale and Long Acre, and I. Its nice they have now been given a good series of routes to operate on, and that most have finally been repainted out of black diamond livery

I still think Volvo B5TL Hybrids, like for Preston would have been better for the 56, than these Versas

bwsau cymru

I would agree diamond seem to fo messed up all of there displays even more so on the centros where you can hardly read the bottom line. I much prefer the scolling across lower line on the displays as it gives more room to add areas it serves on routes. Stagecoach are good at this. I also cant understand why nx don't have scolling text as they do on there coaches?
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

They hybrids are looking brilliant I must say!!! Brillient job! the only thing possible could be added is maybe some branding on the routes they serve. The back of them would be ideal I think?

Matt.N0056

Quote from: neale95 on June 13, 2013, 08:16:06 PM
Quote from: Liberator9 on June 13, 2013, 08:05:27 PM
So what has happened to the other 2 Citaros I wonder?

BN09FWS has been off the road for ages, BF60OFA was on the 82/88 Monday i think, so I'm not sure about that one

BN09FWS is back on the road, seen on the S3. Although it hasn't had its blinds updated

Liberator9

Typical, on the S3! It was good when a Citaro was on the S2 daily a few months ago. The Solo SR I rode twice today sounded terrible; it's making a humming / whining noise at low speeds.

Matt.N0056

Quote from: Liberator9 on June 18, 2013, 07:58:05 PM
Typical, on the S3! It was good when a Citaro was on the S2 daily a few months ago. The Solo SR I rode twice today sounded terrible; it's making a humming / whining noise at low speeds.

BF60OFA was on the S2/4 last week due to a breakdown

Ash

The citaro's reach the 60mph allowed on the A45 can any of the versa's or solo's reach the same speed im guessing they would be lucky to reach 50mph.

Liberator9

Quote from: neale95 on June 18, 2013, 08:07:15 PM

BF60OFA was on the S2/4 last week due to a breakdown

Sorry, I'l  shut up in that case! Never noticed. The Solos certainly wouldn't get to 60mph, and I doubt one or two could get to 50mph. The Hybrid I think could certainly get to 50mph and over, but nothing beats a Merc.

bwsau cymru

solos and versa reach (and if you get a good bank often exceed) 60mph with Arriva midlands. solos and versas once going are a good fast bus, and ive herd that drivers would chose an optare over a dennis pointer if they are on a route then can get there foot down.

Versas seemed brilliant on the 82 and fast and very quiet too! only problem is there capacity. saw one of the newly painted ones in person today and they are mega smart!

Really cant understand why people hate optares, its like bob and Arriva!!!

Ash

The problem is the hybrid versa's are not designed 50/60mph roads the 82 service uses. Yes they can reach the speeds but with hybrid technology you lose the benefits as there more ideal for the stop/start services.

Ash

Does anyone know if 30130 will get taken out of the hybrid wrap allover and repainted into the signature livery or left in it's current state with the changed hallmark fleetnames instead of diamond.

tank90

Quote from: Ash on June 20, 2013, 09:41:51 PM
Does anyone know if 30130 will get taken out of the hybrid wrap allover and repainted into the signature livery or left in it's current state with the changed hallmark fleetnames instead of diamond.
May stay as it is, although this is Rotala anything can happen. I would wait and see what happens.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk