News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Are you supposed to be observing stops on a diversion?

Apart from adjacent stops, I thought it was a no no.

Diamond 31 coming back from Walsall actually observed the Nx diversion for a change, but picked someone up on Harden Road!

(In fact, why do Diamond seem to have an issue with diversions whenever there is an issue on Bloxwich Road.

When the infamous sink hole happened down there a couple of years ago, instead of following Nx via Marlow Street,  they went via Green Lane & Hospital Street instead,  missing out a few stops!)

At least Nx have local knowledge!

Quote from: Westy on July 31, 2021, 03:41:25 PM

Normally used to observe stops on diversion I think. The NWM site used to say something like "All stops on diversion route will be served". And i've seen people get of at various stops on diversion. When there was an accident on Washwood Heath Road a few months back I caught a 55 from the 28 stop near the restaurant on Alum Rock Road a short walk away.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: Westy on July 31, 2021, 03:41:25 PM

Diamond 31 coming back from Walsall actually observed the Nx diversion for a change, but picked someone up on Harden Road!

(In fact, why do Diamond seem to have an issue with diversions whenever there is an issue on Bloxwich Road.

When the infamous sink hole happened down there a couple of years ago, instead of following Nx via Marlow Street,  they went via Green Lane & Hospital Street instead,  missing out a few stops!)

At least Nx have local knowledge!

To my knowledge, it used to be the case on the diversion details that it would state 'all stops on the diversion route will be served'.

Which always amused me whenever the 3 (YW) got diverted via Brook Lane and Cole Valley Road to Priory Road - as there are no stops to serve on those roads!

When the Stratford Road services were diverted earlier this year, you'd sometimes have the odd one or two passengers that would get off by Small Heath station, or along Walford Road.

I suppose it depends on the diversion route used, and what instructions the drivers have been given.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

the trainbasher

PN7 is going to be fun. Emergency diversion in the Saltwells area meaning diversion down Dudley Wood Road and Quarry Road

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

BrumKev86

Seems the 4/4A is diverting via Westley Road and Fox Hollies Road in Acocks Green due to 2 vehicle RTC on Warwick Rd at junction of Broad Road
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

7518 on the X2 diverted via Golden Hillock Road and Coventry Road through Small Heath rejoining normal line of route at Bordesley Station earlier.
Possibly due to a broken down platinum on the Small Heath Highway, as there was one past the road closed signs and the other lane was fenced off due to what may be sprint works possibly.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: 2206 on August 11, 2021, 04:23:33 PM
7518 on the X2 diverted via Golden Hillock Road and Coventry Road through Small Heath rejoining normal line of route at Bordesley Station earlier.
Possibly due to a broken down platinum on the Small Heath Highway, as there was one past the road closed signs and the other lane was fenced off due to what may be sprint works possibly.

No, It was a broken down vehicle the bus was stuck behind

BBS

4/4A on diversion. Golden Hillock road then Walford road and back on normal line of route. I am not sure what the reason was behind this.
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: bbs on August 29, 2021, 03:19:08 PM
4/4A on diversion. Golden Hillock road then Walford road and back on normal line of route. I am not sure what the reason was behind this.

It's not shown on TfWM's fancy new Disruptions page, but Google Maps shows that Warwick Road is closed in one direction between Baker Street and Weatheroak Road.

The one.network website lists this as Severn Trent Water works which are ongoing until 2nd September.
My locals:

Westy

Nx Twitter still thinking the Bloxwich Road diversion is still via Holdens Crescent & Beddows Road.

Erm, not unless you want a few buses off the road guys

Even the drivers agree, as they've been following the 29 as far as Broadstone Avenue ever since the diversion started!

I love Walsall buses

Quote from: Westy on August 31, 2021, 10:46:24 AM
Nx Twitter still thinking the Bloxwich Road diversion is still via Holdens Crescent & Beddows Road.

Erm, not unless you want a few buses off the road guys

Even the drivers agree, as they've been following the 29 as far as Broadstone Avenue ever since the diversion started!
That would work out for the 19 but nothing else

BBS

Strangely, 2220 on the 4 has completely excluded the whole of Warwick Road and took Stratford Road and shaftmoor Lane straight to Acocks Green.

Stu

Quote from: bbs on August 31, 2021, 02:27:44 PM
Strangely, 2220 on the 4 has completely excluded the whole of Warwick Road and took Stratford Road and shaftmoor Lane straight to Acocks Green.

Did you see it for yourself, or did you spot it on BusTimes?
https://bustimes.org/vehicles/278415?date=2021-08-31#journeys/162432908

No idea what that was about, but doesn't look like it was actually in service on the 4, as it ran from garage up to Sparkbrook before turning round again back to garage, probably some 'engineering run'.
My locals:

Tony

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 06:21:40 PM

No idea what that was about, but doesn't look like it was actually in service on the 4, as it ran from garage up to Sparkbrook before turning round again back to garage, probably some 'engineering run'.

Computer spotting

BBS

Quote from: Stu on August 31, 2021, 06:21:40 PM

I was on 2220 yesterday and apparently there's roadworks on Warwick Road

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk