News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4194

Quote from: Tony on December 03, 2019, 06:00:07 PM
Bad RTC outside the University.

Currently waiting for my 48 and the whole area is gridlock

@Tony my 48 is going to West Bromwich should have been 5:40 ish from university, arrived 40 minutes late. How come this journey the other day he was a 48E To bearwood when he was running 10 mins late, yet this driver can go all the way to West Bromwich 33 minutes late? Presumably same board means driver would exceed hours too on this board

Stuharris 6360

With this emegency sewer work in Lye, the 9 is on diversion, but I think the diversion route is a little unclear.

Some buses are going acrosss Cross Walks, right into Cemetary Road, right onto Pedmore Road and then left at Lye Cross , normal line of route.

However some bues are going straight on at the bottom of Cemetary Road and coming out on Stourbridge Road missing Lye Cross, which is the correct route?
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

aSingh

Quote from: Trident 4194 on December 03, 2019, 06:10:41 PM
Currently waiting for my 48 and the whole area is gridlock

@Tony my 48 is going to West Bromwich should have been 5:40 ish from university, arrived 40 minutes late. How come this journey the other day he was a 48E To bearwood when he was running 10 mins late, yet this driver can go all the way to West Bromwich 33 minutes late? Presumably same board means driver would exceed hours too on this board

Depends on where a gap has developed in service. Also if the bus behind is close and on time/or not running too late. Also depends on the amount of passengers on the bus. Another thing is whether the bus has long layover when it reaches its destination. Atleast that's some of what I have learned from inspectors at WB
Singh

DJ

44/47/74/79 and any other routes that go via Carter's Green are on diversion due to a road closure on the High Street in West Brom, running along the A41 Expressway and in/out of town via the Tesco.

Any views/comments are my own and do not reflect those of my employer.

The 11A is being diverted due to congestion this evening - Stoney Lane, Bordesley Green East, Church Road, Flaxley Road and Station Road to Stechford Lane.

There were people waiting outside the Station and by the swimming baths in Stechford wandering what's happened to the service this evening. And the RTI screen was saying a few 11's were due, later nothing came.
Would it not be possible for a message to be displayed on the RTI screens when a service is diverted @Tony, to inform passengers whats happening.

The 11C was unaffected.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

X20s currently being diverted due to George Road and Wheeleys Road (top part inc St James Rd stop) being closed.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Solo1

#ImportantNetworkUpdate: Due to an accident at the junction of #MoorStreet and #ParkStreet is closed until further notice. Services X1, X2, 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5, 6, 17, 35, 45, 47, 50, 60 are currently all terminating at Birmingham Markets.

Busboy105

Quote from: Solo1 on December 16, 2019, 12:45:35 PM
#ImportantNetworkUpdate: Due to an accident at the junction of #MoorStreet and #ParkStreet is closed until further notice. Services X1, X2, 2, 3, 4, 4A, 5, 6, 17, 35, 45, 47, 50, 60 are currently all terminating at Birmingham Markets.
The victim had been confirmed dead on the scene and his family has been informed. How sad.

Busboy105

17 and the 73 are being diverted between Heybarnes Road and Millhouse Road due to a RTC.
The weird thing is that two 17s were terminating at the EcoPark and turning at the roundabout back to town.

X20/X21/X22 were diverted this morning - Arthur Road, Church Road, u turn at Edgbaston Old Church, Church Road towards Five Ways, Westbourne Road, Harborne Road, Richmond Hill Road, Somerset Road, Edgbaston Park Road, normal line of route.

Also saw an X21 Platinum heading towards Birmingham City Centre along Carpenter Road, presumably lost?

Due to Edgbaston Park Road being closed between Somerset Road and Church Road.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

B14 News on Facebook is reporting that the 50 is on diversion:

#B14Travel - Due to an incident at the junction of Moseley Road and Brighton Road the 50 bus is diverted.

To city:
Salisbury Road, Edgbaston Road, Pershore Road, Belgrave Middleway & onto Highgate Middleway.

From city:
Haden Circus, Belgrave Middleway, Pershore Road, Edgbaston Road, Salisbury Road, Alcester Road South.

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Westy

WA 31 on diversion in Bloxwich, due to an accident at the junction of High St & Wolverhampton Road, diverting northbound via Elmore Green Road & southbound via Bell Lane, then onto normal route.

(Presumbly only serving the main Bloxwich stops southbound, with passengers northbound getting off opposite the Asda!)

(Diamond social media not open today then?)

I guess also affecting WA 70 & WN 60 too, using Park Road (?) instead.

https://twitter.com/nxwestmidlands/status/1208800114829070336

Noticed the 14 service is being diverted via Fox and Goose and the Washwood Heath Road in both directions this afternoon.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

SK68MEV

Quote from: 2206 on December 23, 2019, 04:22:30 PM
Noticed the 14 service is being diverted via Fox and Goose and the Washwood Heath Road in both directions this afternoon.
2 RTC on alum rock road in space of 100 m
Local Routes
NXWM - 11A, 11C, 94, 95, 28, 14, X12, X13
Diamond - 25, 93, 94
The Green Bus - 843

Gareth

It's a shame that drivers couldn't be bothered to tell passengers of the diversion and just diverted off route without word of warning. Lots of unhappy people on my buses today.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk