News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Some 11's and 55's were still using the diversions between about 07:50 and 08:25 this morning (4516 and a DTS Dart were on Bordesley Green East.
Whereas others ( 8 11A's in a row including 4635, the 11C I was on and 4519 on the 11C) were going through the traffic.
I saw a 55 using Coleshill Road and then another minutes later using Stechford  Lane at about 07:50 this morning.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

NXWM 55's and 11's (and also Claribel 55's and DTS/Social 11's) were all still being diverted this evening.
I noticed there were still passengers waiting for a 11C that's not going to turn up outside Aldi at the Fox And Goose this evening and despite the 11 and 55 being diverted since Tuesday.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

TT90

From 23rd September the Hagley Road services are to use Five Ways island and go over the top rather then underpass ? ( as per NXWM website ), onto Sheepcote Street and rather then use the usual Sandpits way into city, they are to use Cambridge Street both Ways. Anyone know if these are both correct ?

I'm guessing they are shutting Five Ways underpass then ?  ::)

Dom

Quote from: TT90 on September 07, 2018, 10:22:41 PM
From 23rd September the Hagley Road services are to use Five Ways island and go over the top rather then underpass ? ( as per NXWM website ), onto Sheepcote Street and rather then use the usual Sandpits way into city, they are to use Cambridge Street both Ways. Anyone know if these are both correct ?

I'm not sure about the underpass but the sheepcote and Cambridge Street part is correct .

TT90

Maybe NX have got the details wrong and the Hagley Road services will use the underpass as normal, unless it's closing of course ?

Hopefully someone will confirm soon......

CL

Quote from: TT90 on September 07, 2018, 10:22:41 PM

Re: Five Ways Underpass

There are several things that makes the "rerouting Hagley Road services around Five Ways Island" topic seem plausible to me.

Firstly, with the 23 & 24 now using Bath Row as their out-of-city route, it does mean the stop at Five Ways Shopping Centre (Park Regis) would be left without any services stopping there (bar the 10/10H, I suppose). Not sure about anybody else on the forum, but I know for a fact that this stop is regularly used by myself and my mates whenever we go to Broadway Plaza - for the cinema and whatnot...

I know there's also the 80 from town, which stops right outside, but this is really just a force of habit. Having caught the 24 to school for a number of years; it seems second nature to us to get to Five Ways via Broad Street. I had thought about whether NX would consider having the 23/24 use Bishopgate Street, from Bath Row, to maintain its link to Five Ways in both directions, though if there's any truth in the Hagley Road services being rerouted, then my problems would be solved.

Secondly, and my final point really, is that this could well give the Metro the time it needs to have the tracks laid down - under the underpass - for its Edgbaston extension. Not entirely sure of the Metro's timeline (i.e. when things are meant to be completed) but I suppose it's better to start earlier; accounting for any potential future delays?

As I've said, these are the reasons that makes the rerouting of the HR services plausible to me; though I'd like to hear what anybody else has to say on this.

EDIT: have just seen the route changes, an it does say the 23/24 do use Bishopgate Street. Error on my behalf. Sorry. I was under the initial assumption that the 23/24 would follow the 80 route from Smallbrook Queensway to Five Ways.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Mike K

I was wondering, with the 23/24 no longer serving Broad St towards city for a year from that date, it was to make it easier for passengers to change from a 23/24 at Five Ways if needed. Also, that Five Ways stop opposite the Park Regis is always busy towards city, and would be no longer served by any buses from that date.

Quote from: CL on September 08, 2018, 12:35:37 AM
Re: Five Ways Underpass

I know there's also the 80 from town, which stops right outside, but this is really just a force of habit. Having caught the 24 to school for a number of years; it seems second nature to us to get to Five Ways via Broad Street. I had thought about whether NX would consider having the 23/24 use Bishopgate Street, from Bath Row, to maintain its link to Five Ways in both directions, though if there's any truth in the Hagley Road services being rerouted, then my problems would be solved.
"If there's any truth?"
https://nxbus.co.uk/files/NX-West-Midlands/misc/nxwm-Hagley-Road-bus-stop-changes-map-A4-23rd-Sept-2018-for-web.jpg
Sureley the fact that it is on the NX website is confirmation that its happening.
They wouldn't have put it up if its not.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Jordan

11A/C

are still on diversion
my local routes are:

NXWM: 72 72A 17 73
igo 99
sunny travel 71E
r.k. travel 72 and further down the road the 73

OH25

Is the X1 supposed to be on diversion from the A45 after the airport?

Came off at the Stonebridge Island near the Toby Cavery and then used Hampton Lane to get to Meriden.

Quote from: Jordan on September 08, 2018, 01:45:48 PM
11A/C

are still on diversion
Still being diverted this afternoon.
Though they weren't this morning and the traffic seemed worse at 07:40 this morning.
The diversion seems to be going on for some time, it's been a week now.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Smethwickian

Quote from: OH25 on September 10, 2018, 03:13:03 PM
Is the X1 supposed to be on diversion from the A45 after the airport?

Came off at the Stonebridge Island near the Toby Cavery and then used Hampton Lane to get to Meriden.
Gas main repairs. Like many such diversions, it is listed here https://www.networkwestmidlands.com/plan-your-journey/disruptions/#/params?TransportModeA=5#5327_Centro or on the NX West Midlands website, so it is probably quicker and easier to check those in the first instance rather than asking the question on this forum and having to await a reply.

The 11A, 11C and 55 are back to using there normal line of route in Ward End and Stechford.
I've just been through on 4670 and the roads are clear and moving freely, with the queuing traffic and temporary traffic lights now gone (they were still there at 07:30 this morning so they've presumably been removed in the last hour or two.)
Though i've Just seen 4516 (on the 11A), 1830 (on the 55 heading towards the City Cebntre) and 1832 ( also on the 55 heading towards the City Centre) as well as another 18XX Omnilinks in the 55 heading to Chelmsley Wood, all still using the diversions, presumably some drivers are unaware?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Mike K

Quote from: 2206 on September 08, 2018, 08:41:33 AM
"If there's any truth?"
https://nxbus.co.uk/files/NX-West-Midlands/misc/nxwm-Hagley-Road-bus-stop-changes-map-A4-23rd-Sept-2018-for-web.jpg
Sureley the fact that it is on the NX website is confirmation that its happening.
They wouldn't have put it up if its not.

Contrary to the info on the NX website, Hagley Road services are continuing to use Five Ways underpass and are not serving stops FC or FD from today.

Smethwickian

NXWM and Network West Midlands publicity did say that Hagley Road routes would be using the Cambridge Street diversion from Monday 23 September. But NWM then adds in its 'disruptions' list that security for the Conservative conference required Cambridge Street's closure from September 30 to October 4.
However, I went into the city centre today (September 21) and noted that Broad Street was already closed, but Cambridge Street was not accessible either, so that Hagley Road buses were using the Sandpits route instead! Not a mention of it on either transport organisation's website.
Does anyone, anywhere, actually have an accurate day by day explanation of what's going where in this part of Brum or do passengers just wander around on a daily basis hoping for they might see a bus, somewhere, heading in vaguely the right direction?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk