News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dom

Diversion on the 81 and 126 due to a RTC on the Birmingham New Road this morning.

The diversion is a follows towards Dudley : turning right off the Birmingham New Road at Roseville onto Mason Street following the road onto Chad Road then left onto Park Road down to the traffic lights. The bus then follows the 82 line of route through Wrens Nest before rejoining the priory Road and NLOR.

This was heard over the radio at 7:28 AM. Delays of over 25 Minutes apparently.

EDIT: diversion has now changed Mason Road, Chad Road, Park Road  then left onto Sedgley Road West NLOR

CL

24 diverted down Quinton Road West? Not too sure of the details, but had witnessed two turning left, terminus-bound.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

John

The 65 was diverted for a short time this morning due to an overturned car on Slade Road. They were using Reservoir Road and Gravelly Hill North to Salford Circus, missing out the whole of Slade Road

Kevin

66 (inbound only) currently diverted in Nechells. Not sure where it's going but I know it's gone around my bus stop on Elliot Street. Only found out after over half hour wait when the 3rd driver going the other way leaned out and told me on his way past
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Tony

Quote from: Kevin on March 22, 2016, 06:40:02 PM
66 (inbound only) currently diverted in Nechells. Not sure where it's going but I know it's gone around my bus stop on Elliot Street. Only found out after over half hour wait when the 3rd driver going the other way leaned out and told me on his way past

Overturned car on Cuckoo Road

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on March 22, 2016, 06:56:34 PM
Overturned car on Cuckoo Road

Or, as I've just found out, an overturned lorry. On the roundabout. Made me curious why only inbound journeys did it but actually makes a bit of sense, think the outbound jounrneys just missed out stab city altogether
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Mike K

Tennal Road in Harborne is closed to vehicles coming from the city direction so the 99 is turning right at the roundabout at the bottom of War Lane and going up Fellows Lane - never seen a bus use Fellows Lane in that direction before. Presumably then via Court Oak Rd, Tennal Lane and Tennal Rd to normal line of route.

John

The sewer has collapsed again on Gravely Hill North heading into City. Outbound is fine, but City bound buses are having to use Wood End Road, Bromford Lane, turn round in the cut through, and back up to Kingsbury Road to get back to normal line of route

CL

Just saw an MMC and 3301 turn right at Newhall Hill; going towards Jewellery Quarter. Anyone got any details?

Trident 4194

Quote from: clayderman on April 02, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Just saw an MMC and 3301 turn right at Newhall Hill; going towards Jewellery Quarter. Anyone got any details?

3301 was on the 9 so 9 must be on diversion as well as most services I presume

Quote from: clayderman on April 02, 2016, 03:44:33 PM
Vintage bus broken down, can't turn left.

CL

Quote from: Trident 4194 on April 02, 2016, 04:01:00 PM
3301 was on the 9 so 9 must be on diversion as well as most services I presume
Quote from: 979 on April 02, 2016, 04:49:05 PM
Vintage bus broken down, can't turn left.
Thanks @979 - though, was on 4745 (on the 87) at the time, and I saw it. I did mention it in another thread, but had forgot to mention it here. It was YW's own 3225. 4745 made the left turn, down Newhall Hill. Was quite a tight turn.

Quote from: clayderman on April 02, 2016, 03:47:03 PM
3225. Broken down on Newhall Hill. I presume this caused the MMC/3301 diversion what I mentioned in the Diversions thread? ???

Michael Bevan

Looks like the whole of the Birchfield Flyover is closed at the moment which means services 907, 934E, 937A, 997 and X51 are diverting via the 33/51 route into City.

Gareth

Not sure if it's going to be in both directions, but the stop city bound on Washwood Heath Road, Saltley gate, has a notice saying it will be closed from 7pm tonight until 6am on 30th April. Passengers advised to use Alum Rock Road stops instead.
Whilst road works and/or resurfacing is unavoidable, it's very short notice.

Gareth

Just looked at the NX site. It's quite a long diversion, missing out Washwood Heath Road completely. Due to the resurfacing works going as far Lime Tree Road (where the old bus garage is) it means that Highfield Road cannot be used, so buses carrying on up Alum Rock Road, Burney Lane, Stechford Lane.
Alum Rock Road will be even worse than usual for traffic 😔

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk