News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MW

All Stratford Road routes on diversion (as they were last night too).

From City, same as 900/957 via Small Heath Highway, right onto Golden Hillock Road, right onto Walford Road, left onto Stratford Road then normal line of route. And then vice versa into City.

Sparkbrook bit of Stratford Road is closed due to roadworks.

Stu

Quote from: MW on August 25, 2015, 09:04:43 PM
All Stratford Road routes on diversion (as they were last night too).

From City, same as 900/957 via Small Heath Highway, right onto Golden Hillock Road, right onto Walford Road, left onto Stratford Road then normal line of route. And then vice versa into City.

Sparkbrook bit of Stratford Road is closed due to roadworks.

Yeah, I remember seeing the 'advance warning' notices down there, but funny how there is no mention of these diversions on either the NX or NWM websites. All could see had been done yesterday was the top surface had been taken off at the Auckland Road stop by Henley Street. I guess I'll see what else has been done shortly when I go to work!

EDIT: It's on the NWM website Alerts page now, but they have the diversion down as Highgate Middleway and Highgate Road.
http://alerts.networkwestmidlands.com/
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Ronnoc

Quite nice seeing Straford Road services on Highgate road, they suit the road a lot.

MW

Yeah it's the Highgate one, yesterday it was te Walford Road one for AG services and apparently the Highgate one for YW services. Something must have got cocked up somewhere. Today I saw a 37 coming off Small Heath Highway towards City so some were using one diversion and some another!

I was one of the 5's on Highgate Road this evening. The reaction to the Highgate Road low bridge was hilarious by passengers.

Ronnoc

Quote from: MW on August 26, 2015, 09:42:20 PM
Yeah it's the Highgate one, yesterday it was te Walford Road one for AG services and apparently the Highgate one for YW services. Something must have got cocked up somewhere. Today I saw a 37 coming off Small Heath Highway towards City so some were using one diversion and some another!

I was one of the 5's on Highgate Road this evening. The reaction to the Highgate Road low bridge was hilarious by passengers.
I can guarantee a lot of people will scream if they're in a double deck and they go through that bridge  ;D. Surprised that they gave it a height of 14 '3.

MW

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on August 27, 2015, 10:26:34 AM
I can guarantee a lot of people will scream if they're in a double deck and they go through that bridge  ;D. Surprised that they gave it a height of 14 '3.

It's so lorries don't use it. It was originally flat there apparently and they dipped it down so buses could fit.

Tony

Quote from: MW on August 27, 2015, 03:19:01 PM
It's so lorries don't use it. It was originally flat there apparently and they dipped it down so buses could fit.

Always been like that. It has been on the Inner Circle route since it started which was always double deck until it was converted to Mercedes a few years back

Stu

Interesting looking 'long' diversions coming up next week for the 1, 5, 6 & 31 according to http://alerts.networkwestmidlands.com/

Added to that, the 31 is also being diverted in Acocks Green.

QuoteFrom Wednesday 2nd to Friday 4th September (19:00-06:00) Stratford Road at Springfield Road junction will be closed for resurfacing.

Service 1 from city via College Road, Springfield Road, Wake Green Road, Cole Bank Road, Stratford Road, Reddings Road, Shaftmoor Lane to normal route. To city in reverse.

Service 31 from city via Stratford Road, Court Road, Showell Green Lane, Yardley Wood Road, Wake Green Road, Cole Bank Road, Stratford Road, Reddings Road, Shaftmoor Lane to normal route. To city in reverse but at Court Road, via Showell Green Road, Stratford Road to normal route.

Service 5 from city via Stratford Road, Court Road, Showell Green Lane, Wake Green Road, College Road, Springfield Road to normal route. To city in reverse but at Court Road, via Showell Green Road, Stratford Road to normal route.

Services 6/6A from city via Stratford Road, Court Road, Showell Green Lane, Yardley Wood Road, Swanshurst Lane, Cole Bank Road, Stratford Road to normal route. To city in reverse but at Court Road, via Showell Green Lane, Stratford Road to normal route.

From Tuesday 1st to Thursday 3rd September (19:00-06:00) Olton Boulevard East from Shirley Road to Gospel Lane will be closed for resurfacing.

Service 31 from Birmingham via Shirley Road, Warwick Road, Gospel Lane to normal route. To Birmingham in reverse.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Tara4352

Not on NX Website

Due to Emergency Resurfacing Works Routes 222 and 205 will be diverted as followed

205 Towards Dudley
Instead Of Turning Right Into Ashenhurst Road this service will continue along Bushy Fields Road and Turn into Middlepark Road and follow the road to Russells Hall Post Office this service will then turn right on Russells Hall Road and Continue to the mini island and resume normal line of route
205 Towards Kingswinford
At the top of Russells Hall Road this service will not turn into Ashenhurst Road and will continue down to Russells Hall Post Office where this service then turns left into Middlepark Road then will turn left into Bushy Fields Road then right into New Link Road and resume normal line of route

222 Towards Dudley
This service will not turn into Middlepark Road instead will continue up Russells Hall Road onto normal line of route
Towards Merry Hill
This service will follow Russells Hall Road onto normal line of route

Kevin

Well Street in Hockley is closed atm by the police.
Inner Circle is turning straight from Vyse Street onto Hockley Hill then down to the circus
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

P419 EJW

Wolverhampton Road, Walsall (from Hollyhedge Lane junction to Alumwell) is closed for the night due to resurfacing. Apparently it will finish on 16th October 2015. At the moment, it is affecting the 529, outbound journey (exiting Walsall), the diversion is: Same as the route WA69/70/70A from Walsall Bus Station to Reedswood Sainsburys roundabout, turn right to Reedswood Way, go all the way to the end then cross over the roundabout to Bloxwich Lane, all the way to the end then turn right to A454 Wolverhampton Road near Junction 10, back to normal route to Wolverhampton.

Tony

'We are currently unable to access Solihull town centre on any service due to a broken diamond bus in the roadworks - this is currently single lane and no vehicles are able to pass this bus.'

Solo1

Chaos as carrs lane shut some buses
Are having to go via the markets why shut it this early for roadworks
On a Saturday night at 6pm

Tony

Quote from: Solo1 on October 10, 2015, 06:57:50 PM
Chaos as carrs lane shut some buses
Are having to go via the markets why shut it this early for roadworks
On a Saturday night at 6pm

Because they need that many hours to complete the job?

Solo1

Quote from: Tony on October 10, 2015, 07:09:08 PM
Because they need that many hours to complete the job?
can't they do  the work on a sunday  instead or is it as busy

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk