News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Diamond livery

Started by Dylan4579, March 20, 2013, 06:58:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dylan4579

Has anyone else seen Tividale's new diamond livery? I thought it was supposed to make garage swaps/loans/transfers easier.

Ash

Is it not the standard blue one whats the new tividale one like

Dylan4579

Quote from: Ash on March 20, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
It's the blue one but black so much for a 'standard livery'

Lukeee

Quote from: dgss1 on March 20, 2013, 07:47:22 PM
Quote from: Ash on March 20, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
It's the blue one but black so much for a 'standard livery'

Nope, think that was done a while back to a couple Darts, a solo and one Volvo engined Centro, everything else since is getting the blue treatment, or so it seems.

sonic84

Is there a still a 'Red Diamond' livery, or has that been changed to the blue one now.

Ash

Red diamond vehicles are still around but I believe now any bus painted will be in the new blue 'diamond' livery.

tank90

At some point every bus will be blue with Diamond plastered all over it.
Midland Red West, one of the best Companies to serve Redditch, with some of the best buses.

Dan

sonic84

Ah cheers. I'm guessing there will no longer be a separate blue diamond operation either, with the former central connect routes now operating under 'Diamond' too.

Out of interest, is Central Connect (Blue Diamond) still a separate legal subsidiary of Rotala to Diamond, or have they all merged now.

JackC

Personally, I think if Diamond want to go with blue now, then they should consider doing something like this. Then use this style of the logo, obviously just getting rid of the Red part and leaving it with just Diamond. Then change the large shiny red diamond in colour to blue, change the black diamond in the actual name to silver and change the white strip below the logo to silver.

Opinions?

winston

Quote from: JackC on March 27, 2013, 12:55:34 AM
Personally, I think if Diamond want to go with blue now, then they should consider doing something like this. Then use this style of the logo, obviously just getting rid of the Red part and leaving it with just Diamond. Then change the large shiny red diamond in colour to blue, change the black diamond in the actual name to silver and change the white strip below the logo to silver.

Opinions?

I fully agree, that Blue based Wessex livery/logo presents a far superior quality image than the current allover blue livery with oversize fleetnames that Diamond are adopting. As I've said before, Diamond are the poor relation now to Wessex & Preston Bus, Diamond aren't a bad operation, but I think they have the potential to do a lot more than they do at present. For me I think that they've taken their foot off the gas since around 2011 when the MAN/MCV's started leaving & Arriva won a whole host of Centro tenders at Diamonds expense, Diamond also seem happy to pack up & leave commercial routes rather than put up a fight to improve their fortunes 

Cedric

Quote from: JackC on March 27, 2013, 12:55:34 AM

Opinions?
my idea for a livery  would be  a black skirt  a red band in the middle all the rest blue   with  sliver grey diamond
diamond 8\10/125/292

Lukeee

I think they should bring back the livery Go-ahed introduced with the starplines on the sides.

Solo1

anyone going to put on a photoshopped bus in the diaMOND LIVERY BEMISTER SAID ABOUT

Cedric

Quote from: Solo1 on March 27, 2013, 10:00:32 PM
anyone going to put on a photoshopped bus in the diaMOND LIVERY BEMISTER SAID ABOUT
just suggesting some thing that had the colours of the 3 diamond companies  . and you got my name wrong
diamond 8\10/125/292

Ash

I wonder if the red and white diamond darts will get a repaint or do people think they could be the next buses to get withdrawn. I was on 30486 on the 4 yesterday and seemed a powerful dart which climbed the hill at Caldmore from Walsall with nearly a full bus with no issues so I think some of these darts are not too bad. I would keep the W???VGX darts and withdraw the other red and white darts and paint these 3 in the new blue livery.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk