News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Due to a car fire on Birmingham Road the 51 and X51 are diverted Broadway, West Bromwich Road, Walstead Road
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack

Aldridge Road services are using Walsall Road and Beeches Road inbound and outbound currently.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

frostjay974

Bad car crash on Soho rd 74 on diversion via Hamstead rd

Wba_lad

79 on diversion due to a police incident closing hill top and black lake.

Wba_lad

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 18, 2024, 09:21:12 PMBad car crash on Soho rd 74 on diversion via Hamstead rd
From the photos and videos I have seen, the road won't be open anytime soon. The 74s will be on diversion untill at least tomorrow morning. From what I have read there have been four deaths. Some car came speeding down on the wrong side of the road, then hit a car and then multiple cars. Police are now investigating this incident. There is around 5 cars involved maybe more. 

John

QuoteFrom the photos and videos I have seen, the road won't be open anytime soon. The 74s will be on diversion untill at least tomorrow morning. From what I have read there have been four deaths. Some car came speeding down on the wrong side of the road, then hit a car and then multiple cars. Police are now investigating this incident. There is around 5 cars involved maybe more.
It reopened at half 6 this morning 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 18, 2024, 10:47:44 PM79 on diversion due to a police incident closing hill top and black lake.
I saw that there was 3 incidents all around the same time the 74, 79 and 1 other 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 19, 2024, 09:57:46 AMI saw that there was 3 incidents all around the same time the 74, 79 and 1 other
Yeah I'm not too sure what happened with the 79 route, I read that someone was hit by a car, but it's outside a pub which has a lot of trouble from what I've heard. Not too sure if it's reopen now but I know a Nx vehicle was stationary in the police cordon. But national express have put a twitter/ X post last night saying it's a non NX vehicle accident. So maybe the Nx bus was just passing at wrong time and got stuck in the cordon.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 19, 2024, 11:02:22 AMYeah I'm not too sure what happened with the 79 route, I read that someone was hit by a car, but it's outside a pub which has a lot of trouble from what I've heard. Not too sure if it's reopen now but I know a Nx vehicle was stationary in the police cordon. But national express have put a twitter/ X post last night saying it's a non NX vehicle accident. So maybe the Nx bus was just passing at wrong time and got stuck in the cordon.
Someone said that On I live in West Bromwich Facebook group I will check if the Road is still listed as closed does the diversion affect the 47 as the 79 isn't Tracking so I can't check there and Google Maps can be unreliable as people have to report it In and get it approved 
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,

Wba_lad

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on February 19, 2024, 11:15:54 AMSomeone said that On I live in West Bromwich Facebook group I will check if the Road is still listed as closed does the diversion affect the 47 as the 79 isn't Tracking so I can't check there and Google Maps can be unreliable as people have to report it In and get it approved
No diversion don't affect the 47 as they turn where the road closure is so don't affect them.

frostjay974

Quote from: Wba_lad on February 19, 2024, 12:14:39 AMFrom the photos and videos I have seen, the road won't be open anytime soon. The 74s will be on diversion untill at least tomorrow morning. From what I have read there have been four deaths. Some car came speeding down on the wrong side of the road, then hit a car and then multiple cars. Police are now investigating this incident. There is around 5 cars involved maybe more.
Sending misleading information yet again smh. Only one person had died not 4 and it was a rear end collision therefore he wasn't driving on the wrong side either! the road has also now been reopened. 

don

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 19, 2024, 04:18:07 PMSending misleading information yet again smh. Only one person had died not 4 and it was a rear end collision therefore he wasn't driving on the wrong side either! the road has also now been reopened.
I don't think it was that misleading, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge.... It's not assisted by the fact the emergency services didn't release any details of this fatal crash until later this morning despite being asked for comments by the media - however from the video footage on You Tube the vehicle was travelling at extremely high speed along the Soho Road out of town (over 60 mph I'd say), and collided at that speed with the back of a traffic queue bouncing one stationary vehicle into the opposite stream of traffic creating a head on collision, and then colliding with a number of other vehicles. The vehicles and some parked vehicles were severely damaged and one passenger in a stationary car was killed and several others injured - the driver of the speeding car is being charged with causing death by dangerous driving (but was also taken to hospital) - from the various videos on You Tube, it appears miraculous no one else was killed - there was a 74 at the front of one of the streams of traffic held up so possibly lucky not to be caught up in it - I wonder how long it was caught there? It's even more surprising given the nature of the incident (severely damaged vehicles strewn all over the road and debris over a wide distance) the police were able to open the road quite so swiftly - usually evidence gathering and investigation would take a significant time.

https://youtu.be/eKdwrqHs7FE?si=aWQV3F9oz8lkiJM1

Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

frostjay974

Quote from: don on February 19, 2024, 04:54:41 PMI don't think it was that misleading, and we shouldn't be so quick to judge.... It's not assisted by the fact the emergency services didn't release any details of this fatal crash until later this morning despite being asked for comments by the media - however from the video footage on You Tube the vehicle was travelling at extremely high speed along the Soho Road out of town (over 60 mph I'd say), and collided at that speed with the back of a traffic queue bouncing one stationary vehicle into the opposite stream of traffic creating a head on collision, and then colliding with a number of other vehicles. The vehicles and some parked vehicles were severely damaged and one passenger in a stationary car was killed and several others injured - the driver of the speeding car is being charged with causing death by dangerous driving (but was also taken to hospital) - from the various videos on You Tube, it appears miraculous no one else was killed - there was a 74 at the front of one of the streams of traffic held up so possibly lucky not to be caught up in it - I wonder how long it was caught there? It's even more surprising given the nature of the incident (severely damaged vehicles strewn all over the road and debris over a wide distance) the police were able to open the road quite so swiftly - usually evidence gathering and investigation would take a significant time.

We should when people rubbish without checking freely available RELIABLE information not to mention that he has spread misinformation on numerous occasions on different threads of this forum. He said that 4 people had died but many reliable sources such as the BBC and statements from the ambulance/fire service had stated that only one person had died as a pose to the apparent 4 so yeah it isn't true what he posted

don

Quote from: frostjay974 on February 19, 2024, 05:07:08 PMHe said that 4 people had died but many reliable sources such as the BBC and statements from the ambulance/fire service had stated that only one person had died as a pose to the apparent 4 so yeah it isn't true what he posted
He posted not long after the crash happened at 830 pm last night. Various people involved were being given CPR on site and early reports suggested up to four people were killed. As I said, the media didn't start to report it until later this morning - even Birmingham Live didn't report it till about 7 am and all the media outlets reported they had asked each of the emergency services for comment but it is only later today full statements have been issued by the emergency services, maybe owing to criminal investigations. So I think you're shooting the messenger without knowing the facts. I guess the 74 driver must have witnessed it and reported back to WB. It's a horrendous and tragic crash - akin to a motorway collision on a 30 mph shopping street.
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk