News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

The Green Bus

Started by MW, May 29, 2012, 09:25:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on August 26, 2023, 04:29:26 PMThere's people asking about school runs

Have the green bus not told anybody that there downsizing
The website has had all services removed.
Looks like they've gone from local bus work completely now.
Bus Services Running from 2023/24 - The Green Bus - Safe, reliable and affordable buses for your family.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Lukeee

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on August 26, 2023, 05:17:23 PMThe green bus has just informed there  customers  today that  they are withdrawing there  school routes and refunding there customers that bought a bus pass
A bit last minute to be doing that, be interesting to see who will operate the routes now

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Lukeee on August 26, 2023, 09:18:15 PMA bit last minute to be doing that, be interesting to see who will operate the routes now
Warwickshires school routes will probably be awarded to stagecoach or another Warwickshire based company 
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

The remaining west midlands ones at least were comercially operated. I expect those probably will not be replaced. They'll have to use existing NX/Diamond services instead I imagine.
They'd already scrapped several mostly West Midlands routes earlier this year.

Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Secondary trigger 28

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2023, 09:23:01 PMThe remaining west midlands ones at least were comercially operated. I expect those probably will not be replaced. They'll have to use existing NX/Diamond services instead I imagine.
They'd already scrapped several mostly West Midlands routes earlier this year.

Apparently they had an operator that bidded for the west midlands ones but they withdrew there offer on Thursday 

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on August 26, 2023, 10:37:15 PMApparently they had an operator that bidded for the west midlands ones but they withdrew there offer on Thursday
Seen a letter from Green Bus which says:
"We spent August 2023 to try to place our services with another bus operator. After lengthy negotiations we came to an agreement with a large firm earlier this week. They would have operated services on our behalf. Sadly they withdrew from the agreement on Thursday morning. We now have no choice but to withdraw our services".
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

ellspurs

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2023, 08:58:49 PMThe website has had all services removed.
Looks like they've gone from local bus work completely now.
Bus Services Running from 2023/24 - The Green Bus - Safe, reliable and affordable buses for your family.

Just noting that these services were showing on there when I read this topic yesterday and looked at their website, so they've been removed at some point between 3pm and 9pm on Saturday.

Straightlines

Quote from: 2206 on August 26, 2023, 10:51:01 PMSeen a letter from Green Bus which says:
"We spent August 2023 to try to place our services with another bus operator. After lengthy negotiations we came to an agreement with a large firm earlier this week. They would have operated services on our behalf. Sadly they withdrew from the agreement on Thursday morning. We now have no choice but to withdraw our services".

Hopefully the large firm concerned will instead concentrate on reliably running the services they already have! 

Tony

Quote from: Straightlines on August 27, 2023, 11:54:20 AMHopefully the large firm concerned will instead concentrate on reliably running the services they already have!
They currently don't run any stage carriage work

Quote from: ellspurs on August 27, 2023, 05:56:21 PMhttps://www.birminghammail.co.uk/news/midlands-news/green-bus-scraps-school-services-27603862

Someone's working at the papers on a Sunday.
Camp Hill, Aston and Handsworth are well served by NX bus already and a lot of children already use the NX Bus which is about £600 cheaper and Stratford is on the Snow Hill Lines.

The majority of comments I have seen, seem to refer to the service between Alcester School and The Maypole and inparticular the rather limited service on the 150 in the morning peak.
I would be interested to hear from anyone else who used the 502 service, with regards to how well used it was?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

j789

Quote from: Tony on August 27, 2023, 03:25:30 PMThey currently don't run any stage carriage work
Was this company Johnson's as I heard a rumour about them taking over Alcester schools services. May not be accurate of course though!

Justin Tyme

Another question about this.  Are Green Bus giving up all other operations, such as private hire and rail replacement work?  I believe that Birmingham Busworks is continuing?

tjwpsv

Quote from: Justin Tyme on August 28, 2023, 10:58:42 AMAnother question about this.  Are Green Bus giving up all other operations, such as private hire and rail replacement work?  I believe that Birmingham Busworks is continuing?
The Gov.uk website shows operator licences PD1090982 The Green Bus Company Limited & PD1050400 The Green Transport Company Limited 'Surrender under consideration', suggesting that all operations have ceased. Reports suggest that Birmingham Busworks will continue in business.

Thoughts and best wishes to all those staff who have lost their jobs. As an enthusiast and a private hire user, I always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Justin Tyme

Quote from: tjwpsv on August 28, 2023, 10:45:44 PMThe Gov.uk website shows operator licences PD1090982 The Green Bus Company Limited & PD1050400 The Green Transport Company Limited 'Surrender under consideration', suggesting that all operations have ceased. Reports suggest that Birmingham Busworks will continue in business.

Thoughts and best wishes to all those staff who have lost their jobs. As an enthusiast and a private hire user, I always found the staff to be very friendly and helpful.

Thank you.  I agree with you about the staff who have lost their jobs. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk