News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

West Midlands Railway

Started by Stu, December 09, 2017, 12:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bususer28

Quote from: mikestone on April 16, 2023, 03:18:50 PM;
Whether the reason for CrossCity not changing is because it is harder to re-jig the times through New Street or they expect to revert to six per hour in due course I have no idea.
;

I read in some rail magazine that the intention is to revert to six trains an hour in order to offer a 'turn up and go' service but this cannot happen until platforms 2 and 3 are restored at King's Norton to allow for Camp Hill services to terminate there and for Cross City Line services to use platform 4 uninterrupted. This won't happen until 2026 is at the very earliest... :)

LiamsTransport1

Quote from: bususer28 on April 16, 2023, 11:10:50 PMI read in some rail magazine that the intention is to revert to six trains an hour in order to offer a 'turn up and go' service but this cannot happen until platforms 2 and 3 are restored at King's Norton to allow for Camp Hill services to terminate there and for Cross City Line services to use platform 4 uninterrupted. This won't happen until 2026 is at the very earliest... :)
Great to hear, In my personal opinion it shouldn't be put back to 6 trains per hour till the 323s are gone anyway, the amount of issues with overcrowding previously on the 3 carriage diagrams pre-covid and even cases of people being left behind at stops in the peaks was a major issue. Bringing the service down to 4 trains each way per hour has helped certainty from my view of commuting on the service in the last 2 years. 
Local routes: 19/20/20A/27/39/39A/49/55/63/145/202

Steve3229vp

Witton Station can take up 6 coach trains which I think the new trains will be. But is the platform at Perry Barr long enough for 6 coach trains ?

Dom

QuoteWitton Station can take up 6 coach trains which I think the new trains will be. But is the platform at Perry Barr long enough for 6 coach trains ?
Witton can only accommodate 6 carriages on the Birmingham-bound platform. Perry Barr can not accomodate 6 carriages.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Dom on April 28, 2023, 08:14:55 AMWitton can only accommodate 6 carriages on the Birmingham-bound platform. Perry Barr can not accomodate 6 carriages.
So the rebuilding of Perry Barr station was a waste of time then !

Tony

Why do you need more than 5 carriages (the length of the longest new sets) at Perry Barr?

Four carriages is plenty for the Walsall line

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2023, 02:58:45 PMWhy do you need more than 5 carriages (the length of the longest new sets) at Perry Barr?

Four carriages is plenty for the Walsall line
Passenger growth for a so called regenerated area ? If it that did happen then what ?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 28, 2023, 03:50:01 PMPassenger growth for a so called regenerated area ? If it that did happen then what ?
Rugeley trains physically cannot be any longer without a major rebuild of the station and track layout at Rugeley, None of the other stations on the line can take more than 5 cars, so pretty pointless extending Perry Barr

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Tony on April 28, 2023, 04:08:58 PMRugeley trains physically cannot be any longer without a major rebuild of the station and track layout at Rugeley, None of the other stations on the line can take more than 5 cars, so pretty pointless extending Perry Barr
So am I right in thinking that Class 730 5 car units will be used on the Walsall line ?
I take the capacity is bigger ?

Tony

Quote from: Steve3229vp on April 29, 2023, 09:36:14 AMSo am I right in thinking that Class 730 5 car units will be used on the Walsall line ?
I take the capacity is bigger ?
They are not planned to be, they are for London -Crewe & Birmingham. Class 350 are staying on Walsalls

BK63 YWP

QuoteThey are not planned to be, they are for London -Crewe & Birmingham. Class 350 are staying on Walsalls
I thought the edited order for more 3 car 730s was to make all west midlands local services 730s to release all 350s currently used? 
The Funny sounding Enviro 400

15 Wolverhampton to Merry Hill
15A Wolverhampton Merry Hill
16 Wolverhampton to Stourbridge

X10 Gornal Wood

Tony

They are for the cross city

Class 730 fleet | West Midlands Railway

mikestone

Of course a ten-car 730 will not fit the bays at Crewe so the "little Londons" will either need reducing to five or finding a hole elsewhere, presumably 12.

mikestone

350104 noted at Stafford this morning in an extremely garish Eurovision wrap.

Tony

Saturday should be the last day of Class 170s on WMR

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk