News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Diversions

Started by JB93, April 21, 2013, 01:23:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2023, 05:45:48 PMIt might have had to run back out of service or anything. Just because you automatically want to blame the driver. If you see the threads on the strike you will see drivers getting blamed for anything by passengers is one of their complaints. 6737 has just had two windows in the upper saloon kicked out by a group of youths on the way to Cannock, so will go back straight down the A34 on Bustimes (with no passengers on). It should have operated the 17:12 from Cannock.
Hang on a minute.

I was talking about a journey on March 6 in the morning.

What's the 1712 from Cannock tonight got to do with it?

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 06:01:53 PMHang on a minute.

Which journey were you waiting for on March 6th?
The point is that bus may not have been in service, just you assuming it is because the tracker says it is.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Tony

Quote from: Westy on March 09, 2023, 06:01:53 PMHang on a minute.

I'm showing you an example of why the bus might show on Bustimes as going down the main road that isn't the driver's fault despite you trying to blame them without knowing any facts.

Tony

Ooh look what a naughty driver missing out Landywood & Turnberry Road and running 13 minutes early and Bustimes 'must' be correct  6737 - SN15 LFB – National Express West Midlands – bustimes.org

Westy

Quote from: Tony on March 09, 2023, 06:21:37 PMI'm showing you an example of why the bus might show on Bustimes as going down the main road that isn't the driver's fault despite you trying to blame them without knowing any facts.

Fair enough, but whether Bustimes was right or wrong, these people(elderly I hasten to add!) were waiting for a bus that didn't show.

We could only go by Bustimes & we tried to help the best we could, under the circumstances, due to the age of the passengers.

What should we have done, in your opinion?

(By the way, the bus we were refering to, was going towards Cannock.)

@2206 - Me & my sister were waiting for a 9 & my sister got talking to them.

Westy

Diversion on Wa 9, according to my sister, between Ashmore Park area & Wednesfield,  sending the bus down Stubby Lane & the back way into Wednesfield, coming out by Jennie Lee Centre!

Due to roadworks. 

(I guess this affected Wn 59 in some way as well?)

Jack

Nice crowds of people at the 33/51/X51 stop and on Dale End because for some reason no buses are serving them and no one's been alerted that they are terminating at the Law Courts... 

monkeyjoe

Noticed the 4 & 6 being diverted along a45 (small heath) this morning. An express from these south areas should reintroduce this concept now have the sprint bus lanes in. 

Rachvince53

WN 16 has two diversions this week: diverted via Smestow due to closure of Wombourne Road between Bridgnorth Road and Swindon. Also diverted via Giggety Lane towards Wolverhampton.

Noticed the 72 was using Old Lode Lane today while I was on 7514 on the 15:15 X2.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

MasterPlan

I noticed yesterday in Stirchley that the 76 bus stops along the part where the service is currently diverted from have had their flags changed to 'Not in use', which is quite strange. Flags aren't usually changed regardless of how long a diversion is on for.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Quote from: MasterPlan on April 16, 2023, 12:01:08 PMI noticed yesterday in Stirchley that the 76 bus stops along the part where the service is currently diverted from have had their flags changed to 'Not in use', which is quite strange. Flags aren't usually changed regardless of how long a diversion is on for.
The flags on Cartland Road also have 76 on them. Though that diversion has been on for quite a long time now and TFWM have it as continuing 24/7 for at least another 12 months. So with that in mind it makes sense.
Cartland Road is also the route shown on timetable route map Solihull bound.

Remember the diversions when Broad Street was closed long term for instance, flags were changed then.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: MasterPlan on April 16, 2023, 12:01:08 PMI noticed yesterday in Stirchley that the 76 bus stops along the part where the service is currently diverted from have had their flags changed to 'Not in use', which is quite strange. Flags aren't usually changed regardless of how long a diversion is on for.
Long-term diversion
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Rachvince53

The same happened in Wolverhampton when Salop Street was closed off for regeneration work resulting in a number of buses diverting. 

MasterPlan

Quote from: Stu on April 16, 2023, 01:34:37 PMLong-term diversion

I didn't realise how long term it was, I saw 29th April but didn't notice that it said 2024! 
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk