News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on Yesterday at 12:34:51 AM37 was Diverted again last night I didn't know having spent some of the night back in Darlo after celebrating Darlo winning promotion. I walked to Queen Elizabeth Aveune and Wolverhampton Road only to see 4737 on diversion Down Wolverhampton Road. But I have found they do also lob bricks at the Buses in Bentley on Chruch Greeen @Westy might know that as St Giles Church on Queen Elizabeth Aveune opposite the shops just after the first stop on Queen Elizabeth Aveune. This wasn't an issue a few years ago speaking to someone who used to go Willenhall Comp it is the year 7's and 8's who joined after I left. So as I suspected it would be although half of the staff I remember being there left so maybe discipline On that regard is lacking as the old staff knew what happened on the 41, 69, 37, 333X, 40 back in the day and any asb or Fights they would know. Even the 529 and Willenhall Maccies fight they knew about. Not sure what happened regarded that fight as I don't think it was a school related fight.
Must admit, for those of you that have a rough idea where I live, I have a non league club in our road. 

I have no idea who they are or what division they are in, despite living less than a minutes walk from the ground.

All I know they are a PITA, along with certain neighbours, with the parking!
Quote from: Westy on Yesterday at 11:10:43 AMIsn't that what happened pre 26 October 1986?                                                         
Pretty much - Although probably a few less sleepwalkers compared to today's inhabitants of B19 3SD.
Garage threads / Re: Acocks Green Garage
Last post by BlackCountryBusSpotter - Yesterday at 11:18:48 AM
Quote from: 2900 on Yesterday at 09:23:30 AMThe 80s drivers reply is news to me, as far i am aware you can't keep folks on a bus against there will, i drop off folks away from stops i just make sure its by the foot path etc , i,ve seen people throw up just after letting them off etc, some one having a  panic attack episode they need to get off
I've seen Drivers not pick people up but only because they didn't signal for it to stop, I saw one speaking to a lad who had got up early for his stop yesterday we had left the last stop and he was already at the front didn't hear what was said but presumably he was telling him to stand back or to sit down. But I have never seen a Driver not let someone off unless they get up late then they either stop at the bus stop or further down and tell them to be ready to get off next time at Least with NX. Thandi used to stop to pick people up in the middle of the road if they were regulars no where near a bus stop.
Quote from: Straightlines on Yesterday at 10:46:26 AMNot sure I would want to be the end user of a bus service controlled and organised by the sleepwalkers of 16 Summer Lane...

Isn't that what happened pre 26 October 1986?                                                           
Whichever way franchising goes, buses need policies to reduce car use and to enforce red routes, bus lanes etc.
I think a lot of people on here are over speculating about what is going to happen with or without franchising. We all need to take a breath and see what happens next.
I will point out now that when Tony Blair became leader of the Labour Party he pledged to put the railways back into public ownership under a new Labour government ....... it didn't happen !
Not sure I would want to be the end user of a bus service controlled and organised by the sleepwalkers of 16 Summer Lane...

Quote from: karl724223 on April 30, 2024, 04:52:18 PMMove to Birmingham or the Black Country tfwm look after us 😂
I wonder if the new mayor will make any changes to the TfWM organisation so that Coventry has a much improved level of service?

Quote from: ellspurs on Yesterday at 08:39:48 AMWell if mr Labour mayor starts to push franchising, there'll be no point in Mobico/NX investing in new vehicles for the fleet as they'll likely lose out on the franchises and have their stock transferred to those wonderful Midlands-based companies like Go-Ahead and Abellio.
The new buses are all leased, so the lease can just pass to the new operator
Be interested to see what Mr Street now will be doing in his career. I doubt he will be signing on at the job centre!
SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk