News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Who was the spotter

Started by settlerman, September 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trident 4609

Spotter in Wolverhampton taking photos in Princess Square in Wolverhampton at 17:30. Taking photos of boring B7RLE's and not acknowledging the B6 on the 59!

John

Saw Tony driving the 97 today, as well as another inspector

Tony

Quote from: John on September 05, 2013, 08:16:11 PM

There were 3 of us on there, so you missed one!

As I said in the other thread
61/63 Sat
60 Sun
90 Mon
14 Tue/Wed

Gives plenty of people chance to see me out driving

nitromatt1

A guy getting on the 9 at Bearwood as I was getting off this evening, he was on the phone to someone and I heard him say "I'm getting on one with the right reg, BX09"

Probably a coincidence, but still..

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 05, 2013, 11:12:45 PM
A guy getting on the 9 at Bearwood as I was getting off this evening, he was on the phone to someone and I heard him say "I'm getting on one with the right reg, BX09"

DQM?
Quote from: 2900
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
Quote from: karl724223
until it cought fire

nitromatt1

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 05, 2013, 11:31:17 PM

DQM?

Driver Quality Measure Monitoring, is that?

Liverpool Street

Quote from: nitromatt1 on September 05, 2013, 11:41:28 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 05, 2013, 11:31:17 PM

DQM?

Driver Quality Measure Monitoring, is that?

Driver Quality Monitoring or Management, depending on context. It could well be as you don't often hear reference to number plates.
One thing Daimler Mercedes Benz are good at is producing excellent Diesel engines, I do miss the sound of the 0405n for all its faults you couldn't knock that 12 litre engine.
until it cought fire

Kevin

Quote from: Tony on September 05, 2013, 09:43:53 PM

61/63 Sat
60 Sun
90 Mon
14 Tue/Wed

Shouldn't have advertised that, im off all next week so might head out and torment you
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident 4609

Spotted Trainbasher going past on a Travel Express 529 earlier

nitromatt1

Spotted domino.99 on the 82 sitting front top seats on 4018, as I was coming into Wolves on 634 on the 82.

Tony

Bristol Road route knowledge suitably refreshed - now for Coventry Road and Coleshill!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2013, 07:08:50 PM
Bristol Road route knowledge suitably refreshed - now for Coventry Road and Coleshill!

The Bristol Road is hardly difficult though haha.

Cov Road is lovely....
until it cought fire

Stuharris 6360

Quote from: Kevin on September 06, 2013, 11:33:12 AM
Quote from: Tony on September 05, 2013, 09:43:53 PM

61/63 Sat
60 Sun
90 Mon
14 Tue/Wed

Shouldn't have advertised that, im off all next week so might head out and torment you

Do you get extra spotter points for spotting Tony driving.
Pensnett is my local garage. Favourite bus of all time is Fleetline 6360 (KON 360P).

Tony

Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 07, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

Cov Road is lovely....

I would like to get back to how I was in about 1987 when I knew every route in Birmingham, and could just jump in a bus and drive it at a minutes notice. A major difference since then is in the 1990s while I was at Walsall I learned every Walsall and Wolverhampton route, so it would be nice now to learn every route everywhere in the West Midlands.

In the 1980s I also knew the coach routes Central Coachways ran. London, Minehead, Great Yarmouth, Weymouth, Hastings, Skegness, North Wales, Blackpool & Alton Towers. Never forgotton those could do you any of those straight off now.

In fact the A1 from Luton Airport follows the exact route the London Liner used to take into London so I ended up driving the route learning coach when I was at Luton!

Liverpool Street

Quote from: Tony on September 07, 2013, 08:17:07 PM
Quote from: Liverpool Street on September 07, 2013, 07:52:57 PM

Cov Road is lovely....

I would like to get back to how I was in about 1987 when I knew every route in Birmingham, and could just jump in a bus and drive it at a minutes notice. A major difference since then is in the 1990s while I was at Walsall I learned every Walsall and Wolverhampton route, so it would be nice now to learn every route everywhere in the West Midlands.

In the 1980s I also knew the coach routes Central Coachways ran. London, Minehead, Great Yarmouth, Weymouth, Hastings, Skegness, North Wales, Blackpool & Alton Towers. Never forgotton those could do you any of those straight off now.

In fact the A1 from Luton Airport follows the exact route the London Liner used to take into London so I ended up driving the route learning coach when I was at Luton!

As I've said before Tony your knowledge is outstanding, and I don't see why you can't know every route in WM. And that knowledge will be without maps or anything. You've given so much to our community I hope you get an E400 named after you.

You're posts are always a pleasure to read. :-)
until it cought fire

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk