News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Who was the spotter

Started by settlerman, September 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isle of Stroma

Never mind spotters. There was a bizarre meeting of two former monitors/inspectors from different companies at Solihull Station this afternoon, neither of whom were paying the slightest interest to their former charges  8)

Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 30, 2013, 10:05:41 PM
Never mind spotters. There was a bizarre meeting of two former monitors/inspectors from different companies at Solihull Station this afternoon, neither of whom were paying the slightest interest to their former charges  8)
Would one be the infamous NEL111P (No Longer)????  ;) :P ;)
Enviro 200 Rebels......Venturing Out Into New Territory's!!

Tony

Quote from: 4006 on April 30, 2013, 10:27:29 PM
Quote from: dave47549 (no longer NEL111P) on April 30, 2013, 10:05:41 PM

And the other another member of this group who used to watch blue buses

Isle of Stroma

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2013, 10:34:28 PM

Quote from: 4006 on April 30, 2013, 10:27:29 PM
And the other another member of this group who used to watch blue buses

Could be!

Mind, I've no idea how many points you'd score for spotting them, probably negative points for the former...   ;)

Tony

Just off to do my first 'live' run on the A1, apparently Arriva's competition involves scooping passengers up in London on their 757 service and dumping them onto two Plaxton Primos at the Airport Parkway run by a private firm called Airport Carparkz for the last mile into the airport. According to VOSA's website Airport Carpakz license hasn't even been granted yet, still pending (PF1113004 Car Parks Limited)

settlerman

More spotters in Trinity Street. Getting serious the tripod was out.

winston

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2013, 07:30:08 AM
Just off to do my first 'live' run on the A1, apparently Arriva's competition involves scooping passengers up in London on their 757 service and dumping them onto two Plaxton Primos at the Airport Parkway run by a private firm called Airport Carparkz for the last mile into the airport. According to VOSA's website Airport Carpakz license hasn't even been granted yet, still pending (PF1113004 Car Parks Limited)

Are Primo's they best the could find at short notice???

How are Arriva/Greenline expecting two Primos to be capable of transferring 63 passengers & luggage from a Van Hool Tri-axle coach if the coach arrives full.

Greenline have also reduced their fares to £10 single & £15 return,

I don't see how that many coaches operating on the route is sustainable long term and I think NX will ultimately win, unless Arriva/Greenline can find a legal loop hole to allow their 757 to take passengers straight in the airport bus station the same as NX

nitromatt1

Spotter writing down fleetnumbers (just like me) at Moor Street around 7pm this evening.

I was at Moor Street for about an hour this evening.

nitromatt1

Spotter in Perry Barr (youngish, short black hair, glasses) around 16:45, took a photo of 4686 on the X51 which me and Nath were on

Ash

I know John was in Walsall on the 3rd May as one of the photos he put on his flickr page a diamond 4M was the one I was on at the time.

nitromatt1

Guy in Dudley 8pm this evening looking at fleetnumbers, smiled at me wearing my TWM hi-viz, if this is anyone on here, sorry I couldn't stop to talk as I was about to get on the 244

Trident 4609

A spotter on Pipers row in Wolverhampton taking photos this morning

ilovetea4370

Spotted myself in the reflection of a passing 323 today at Bournville Station ;)

Ashley 4569

Can I claim any spotter spotting points for spotting myself or was I spotted by a large number of WN WA WB and PE drivers in Dudley bus station earlier

nitromatt1

Guy on 5510 on the 1 this evening seemed to keep looking at fleetnumbers of buses that went past

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk