News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Who was the spotter

Started by settlerman, September 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jack5512

spotter in halesowen around 13.35 to 13.40

Trident 4194

Spotter in Halesowen at 11:10 took picture of my bus 30822

Trident 4609

Tony and several other spotters on Moor St Queensway this afternoon.

Young spotter living in a fantsty world just got on 4799 with a Hi-Vis (With 'West Midlands Buses' hand-written on the back) and an Ipad. I think he believes he's an inspector/route manager!

GeminiFan1991

The only time I've seen another spotter was I was on the Priory Queensway and I saw a guy photographing buses with a DSLR. I looked at my phone (Using it to take photos of buses) and slowly put it back in my pocket and walked off in shame.
Please check out my Bus Photos @

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128406405@N06/

the trainbasher

Quote from: BusFan on May 31, 2015, 01:21:28 AM
The only time I've seen another spotter was I was on the Priory Queensway and I saw a guy photographing buses with a DSLR. I looked at my phone (Using it to take photos of buses) and slowly put it back in my pocket and walked off in shame.

Hi @BusFan when did you see said person?

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: the trainbasher on May 31, 2015, 01:23:42 AM
Hi @BusFan when did you see said person?

7th April (I checked through Flickr from the photos I took on the day !)

I've even took the time to travel to a garage and just look and take a few photos if possible. I like garages  :D

Bryan

Quote from: BusFan on May 31, 2015, 01:21:28 AM

Where have you been?

Yesterday, 30 May, I saw numerous people taking bus photos near Moor Street Station in Birmingham and someone in Dudley. I could be included in both areas but exclude myself as I didn't see myself!

As far as to getting a photo of a bus, it's the end result that counts, not what was used.

I could then ask what is the difference between a spotter and a transport photographer? Something to ponder upon!

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Bryan on May 31, 2015, 11:30:19 AM
Where have you been?

Yesterday, 30 May, I saw numerous people taking bus photos near Moor Street Station in Birmingham and someone in Dudley. I could be included in both areas but exclude myself as I didn't see myself!

As far as to getting a photo of a bus, it's the end result that counts, not what was used.

I could then ask what is the difference between a spotter and a transport photographer? Something to ponder upon!

I have to take time out of my day and I try to make my journeys in such a way, I can get a good look at buses.

I suppose so but I thought I was serious about bus spotting and (Compared to people I know personally) I thought I had the equipment although my interest in photography is increasing and I should be getting a good camera soon so garage shots are on the way !

I wouldn't have the slightest clue !

Bryan

Quote from: BusFan on May 31, 2015, 01:01:04 PM
I have to take time out of my day and I try to make my journeys in such a way, I can get a good look at buses.

I suppose so but I thought I was serious about bus spotting and (Compared to people I know personally) I thought I had the equipment although my interest in photography is increasing and I should be getting a good camera soon so garage shots are on the way !

I wouldn't have the slightest clue !

All I can say is carry on recording the images and looking at the buses!

My interest started back in the 1970's, way before digital images, just from watching buses go along the road outside an office I worked in. Over the years vehicles and liveries have changed, a very interesting evolution of styles.

My only advice is to retain the good images you take, what may appear boring today can be very interesting in a few years time.

GeminiFan1991

Quote from: Bryan on May 31, 2015, 07:18:52 PM
All I can say is carry on recording the images and looking at the buses!

My interest started back in the 1970's, way before digital images, just from watching buses go along the road outside an office I worked in. Over the years vehicles and liveries have changed, a very interesting evolution of styles.

My only advice is to retain the good images you take, what may appear boring today can be very interesting in a few years time.

Thanks ! I try, my phone has a good camera and as evidenced by my photos on Flickr, I try to quickly take a photo.

I wasn't even born then ! I got interested as I kept finding them very interesting and my friends didn't really want to know. I came across this site, so It's really nice to chat to other enthusiasts , my only gripe is I can only contribute so much being someone who likes buses whereas most of the members here are drivers or work for NX so they have more accessible information.

John

Saw @Michael Bevan again this morning around half 7

MW

Quote from: John on June 02, 2015, 09:57:25 PM
Saw @Michael Bevan again this morning around half 7

Someone came to AG asking about the MMCs the other day saying there the first in the country and he wants to know where they are so he could add them to his collection. My gut instinct was it was this guy for some reason. Probably someone else though.

Tony

Quote from: MW on June 02, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
Someone came to AG asking about the MMCs the other day saying there the first in the country and he wants to know where they are so he could add them to his collection. My gut instinct was it was this guy for some reason. Probably someone else though.

He needs to visit Scarborough at the moment!

MrBevan2000

MrBevan2000

Quote from: MW on June 02, 2015, 10:01:47 PM
Nope! Wasn't me!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk