News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Who was the spotter

Started by settlerman, September 19, 2012, 06:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Busman Jamie

i was on top deck of 4001 from the depot

Trident 4609

Wasn't me @Trident 4194

I was within a small group throughout the day, Although some of the 'crew' broke off.

There are probably several others who i saw/spoke to who are on here.

MW

Quote from: ronnoc1k8 on October 03, 2015, 01:42:45 PM
I think I was on @MWs bus (4642) on the 37

Lol what makes you think it was me? Have you seen me before? Have I forgotten lol

@ronnoc1k8

Coventry Transport Dude

Michael's hit the nail on the head there ronnoc1K8, as it was Me who shook hands with Tony today and thanked him for his good work regarding this brilliant forum !

It was a fantastic turnout today and was great to see so many photographers and especially everybody having just a great day out full stop !

I was talking to a forum member called Ben on my way back home to Coventry tonight and he told me that he was approached by some Asian fella in Walsall Bus Station, who had a go at him for taking photo's there and insisted that he stopped doing it, otherwise he would call the Police ?  Ben said he was within his rights to do what he was doing, as there was no sign to say he couldn't do it and basically wasn't breaking any law, so he just ignored him and carried on clicking away !!!  Soon afterwards and true to his word, the Police did turn up, but when Ben told them what he was doing and what the day was all about, the Police then went over and told the Asian fella off for wasting Police time ("NICE ONE COPPER", i say !!!lol).  They (the Police) then went over afterwards and stood around chatting to Ben, asking him about all the old Buses that were running on the special service today ? (I'm so glad that young Ben had the last laugh there !!!lol).  I hope he comes on here himself and tells the story in his own words, as he sure made me laugh when he told me about it !

Did anyone else encounter this Bus Station "JOBSWORTH" / "MORON", or does anyone know who he might be ???

This fella must have been a right dipstick to even approach anyone at all today, as he was well and truly outnumbered (lol), but all in all, a fantastic day and "THANK YOU" to everyone who made today's event even happen, as it really is very much appreciated !!!

Ronnoc

Quote from: Coventry Transport Dude on October 03, 2015, 11:22:01 PM
Michael's hit the nail on the head there ronnoc1K8, as it was Me who shook hands with Tony today and thanked him for his good work regarding this brilliant forum !

It was a fantastic turnout today and was great to see so many photographers and especially everybody having just a great day out full stop !

I was talking to a forum member called Ben on my way back home to Coventry tonight and he told me that he was approached by some Asian fella in Walsall Bus Station, who had a go at him for taking photo's there and insisted that he stopped doing it, otherwise he would call the Police ?  Ben said he was within his rights to do what he was doing, as there was no sign to say he couldn't do it and basically wasn't breaking any law, so he just ignored him and carried on clicking away !!!  Soon afterwards and true to his word, the Police did turn up, but when Ben told them what he was doing and what the day was all about, the Police then went over and told the Asian fella off for wasting Police time ("NICE ONE COPPER", i say !!!lol).  They (the Police) then went over afterwards and stood around chatting to Ben, asking him about all the old Buses that were running on the special service today ? (I'm so glad that young Ben had the last laugh there !!!lol).  I hope he comes on here himself and tells the story in his own words, as he sure made me laugh when he told me about it !

Did anyone else encounter this Bus Station "JOBSWORTH" / "MORON", or does anyone know who he might be ???

This fella must have been a right dipstick to even approach anyone at all today, as he was well and truly outnumbered (lol), but all in all, a fantastic day and "THANK YOU" to everyone who made today's event even happen, as it really is very much appreciated !!!
I tried to grab your attention with 'Excuse me' but I didn't think you heard it. I was the kid with the blue coat and beige trousers.

Westy

Define the bus station area, as if you were standing by the Post Office back gate(where 4001 was), the traffic island, or over by the cafe, that isn't the bus station area, in my opinion!

If he was in where the stands were, then the Asian guy may have had a point, as it was getting a little crushed at one point.

By the way, did anyone spot a Diamond driver trying to indicate 'No photos', as he was driving into the bus station?

I thought to myself, 'No one will give a monkey's what you think today mate!'

Ashley 60171

Seen and spoke to or seen and not spoken to today. I was being sociable I promise

@Dom
@T840MAK
@trident4370
@Trident4583
@Rob2832
@James4368
@jamesodonoghue126
@John
@Tony
@Michael Bevan
@Nathan
@4006
@Busman Jamie
@Kevin
@the trainbasher
@P419 EJW
@Reece
@Alex
@bensweeney14

May be the first to recall fully.

A good day today. Cheers all!

Kevin

I saw people.
Many people.
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Trident4583

Had a Fantasitc Day yesterday meeting new people and talking to new people with.
@Nathan
@Michael Bevan
@Dom
@P419 EJW
@John
@Ashley 60171
@James4368
@Nxcal2014
@the trainbasher
think thats every one
good day shame about 620 tho

the trainbasher

@Kevin same here...too many to list!

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Busman Jamie

some may of noticed me if it helps i was by 4001 by royal mail teaching my 3 year old to say 'optare spectra' lol

Westy

I spoke to 2 in Bloxwich yesterday & they hadnt heard of the forum.

A chap by the name of Tim, who gave me his card, which said he came from Swindon, plus a young guy with glasses on a bike from Darlaston.

I gave him the quick route to Mossley via Broad Lane.

Rob H

Quote from: 2206 on October 03, 2015, 02:50:22 PM
Unsure but think @Nathan was on 1613 on the X51

Were you sitting in front of two lads on 1613? Because if you were they were Nathan & Alex and I was the lad wearing the England Shirt :)
60 Birmingham - Cranes Park
72/72A Solihull Station - Chelmsley Wood
73 Solihull - Heartlands Hospital
X1 Birmingham - Coventry
X2 Birmingham - Solihull Station
A10 Solihull - Cranes Park / Chelmsley Wood

P419 EJW

Saw @John in Stourbridge. First time spotting you. ;)

Just saw @RS in Stourbridge too. Why is he not at school? Truant!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk