News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Festive timetables

Started by monkeyjoe, December 15, 2023, 08:33:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monkeyjoe

I was just a Boxing Day timetables. Is it different rules for the Black Country garages not running late services out of brum city centre when the brum garages are? I thought bc pb and wa had the same management. Curious really. 

Westy

Had a look at a few online & nobody's proofreaded them!

One of the 529's refers to 'Origin to Destination via Willenhall' & part of the Walsall 31 / 32 isn't printed properly!

Mike K

Quote from: Westy on December 15, 2023, 09:37:18 PMHad a look at a few online & nobody's proofreaded them!

One of the 529's refers to 'Origin to Destination via Willenhall' & part of the Walsall 31 / 32 isn't printed properly!
Nobody's proofread this either 😂

Justin Tyme

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 15, 2023, 08:33:37 PMI was just a Boxing Day timetables. Is it different rules for the Black Country garages not running late services out of brum city centre when the brum garages are? I thought bc pb and wa had the same management. Curious really.

I haven't gone through them all - there are alot (as the proof readers will know...), but the 9, 12, 51, 74, 87 and X8 at least will all be running into the late evening.

monkeyjoe

To gives examples the 9, 51 , 74 are finishing 2300 ish ; the 94 , 50 , 97 ,33 finishing normal 0000/0100 ish. 

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 16, 2023, 03:15:33 AMTo gives examples the 9, 51 , 74 are finishing 2300 ish ; the 94 , 50 , 97 ,33 finishing normal 0000/0100 ish.
Longer Routes though are the 9, 51 maybe not as long as the 94 or 97, 74 depends is it to West Brom or Dudley.
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Jack

Quote from: BlackCountryBusSpotter on December 16, 2023, 11:23:31 AMLonger Routes though are the 9, 51 maybe not as long as the 94 or 97, 74 depends is it to West Brom or Dudley.
51 is hardly 'long' at those times of the day, it's near enough the same time as the 97 when there's no traffic.

Stu

Quote from: monkeyjoe on December 15, 2023, 08:33:37 PMI was just a Boxing Day timetables. Is it different rules for the Black Country garages not running late services out of brum city centre when the brum garages are? I thought bc pb and wa had the same management. Curious really.
It is probably more down to what staff garages have available or are willing to work on that day, rather than any 'rules'.

I note with interest that on the 2/3 timetable, that there is a departure from Birmingham on the 2 at 20:05, with the next one four hours later at 00:05. Either there is an error in the timetable, or some other bus off another service will operate this journey.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

JPC

Quote from: Stu on December 16, 2023, 06:20:10 PMI note with interest that on the 2/3 timetable, that there is a departure from Birmingham on the 2 at 20:05, with the next one four hours later at 00:05. Either there is an error in the timetable, or some other bus off another service will operate this journey.

Those post midnight journeys are incorrect, this is some sort of repeat of the 'glitch' where the schedule rolls over into the following day, those timings will be for the following day.

BlackCountryBusSpotter

Quote from: Jack on December 16, 2023, 05:04:56 PM51 is hardly 'long' at those times of the day, it's near enough the same time as the 97 when there's no traffic.
Maybe the distance to Walsall Garage otherwise I don't know
Local Routes
NXWM 34, 37, 39, 79
DIA 310
WCT 65
Bit Further Away
NXWM 529, 25, 41, 11, 11A, 40, 47
DIA 326, 57, 23, 41A,
Frequently Travelled On Routes
79, 34/37, 39 and Very Occasionally the 529 and 74

Wba_lad

So, been waiting for a 4 since 13:10, it's now 14:08 and 3 buses have gone past not 1 has stopped mainly elderly in the bus stop too, it is a joke, all these advertisements no fuss travel by bus, it's a joke, people aren't going to want to use the buses if they don't stop, the 4 services need double deckers, they are expempt from Sandwell and Dudley bridge, they need using on the route. After todays performance National express have lost some passengers after waiting over a hour for a bus, these were elderly too, now don't get me wrong I know it's Boxing Day and there is a special service operating but when the third bus that went passed was not that full and went straight past that is a joke no excuses for that. Hopefully start to use deckers on the 4s now as they really are needed.

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Wba_lad on December 26, 2023, 02:39:02 PMSo, been waiting for a 4 since 13:10, it's now 14:08 and 3 buses have gone past not 1 has stopped mainly elderly in the bus stop too, it is a joke, all these advertisements no fuss travel by bus, it's a joke, people aren't going to want to use the buses if they don't stop, the 4 services need double deckers, they are expempt from Sandwell and Dudley bridge, they need using on the route. After todays performance National express have lost some passengers after waiting over a hour for a bus, these were elderly too, now don't get me wrong I know it's Boxing Day and there is a special service operating but when the third bus that went passed was not that full and went straight past that is a joke no excuses for that. Hopefully start to use deckers on the 4s now as they really are needed.
If double deckers were to go onto the 4 (which I doubt very much), where would the double deckers come from and even more important where would the single deckers go bearing in mind that NX has too many single deckers anyway

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 26, 2023, 02:59:08 PMIf double deckers were to go onto the 4 (which I doubt very much), where would the double deckers come from and even more important where would the single deckers go bearing in mind that NX has too many single deckers anyway
There will probably soon be more deckers in the fleet when the electrics enter service in the next few months. Though more likely Birmingham routes that get extra deckers I guess.

Also Diamond don't use double decker buses on their WA 4's either.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Wba_lad

Quote from: Steve3229vp on December 26, 2023, 02:59:08 PMIf double deckers were to go onto the 4 (which I doubt very much), where would the double deckers come from and even more important where would the single deckers go bearing in mind that NX has too many single deckers anyway
There is more than enough double deckers spare on Sundays, even if the 4s get doubles on peak times in the week and Sunday service it would definitely improve the route and bring more customers in.

Tony

So, you tell drivers they can ignore a height restriction and guess what, others get ignored with serious consequences

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk