News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

ULEZ for Coventry city centre?

Started by Sandy Lane, December 11, 2023, 08:47:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sandy Lane

Coventry council have resisted bringing in a ULEZ zones but may have to now have a rethink. Not a vote winner I reckon.

Coventry city centre road among UK's worst for air pollution, says the local paper 

`Coventry has one of the most polluted city centres in the UK, new research has shown. West Orchards Way was one of six high streets in the 25 largest towns and cities in the country where air pollution was said to be more than double the World Health Organisation's recommended level`.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-centre-road-among-28253498

Could NXC and SC see more passengers due to this.

Also a large number of black cabs in Coventry are old dirty diesel cars. Surprised they haven't switched to electric just like the buses?

hlliwmai

Quote from: Sandy Lane on December 11, 2023, 08:47:10 AMCoventry council have resisted bringing in a ULEZ zones but may have to now have a rethink. Not a vote winner I reckon.

Coventry city centre road among UK's worst for air pollution, says the local paper

`Coventry has one of the most polluted city centres in the UK, new research has shown. West Orchards Way was one of six high streets in the 25 largest towns and cities in the country where air pollution was said to be more than double the World Health Organisation's recommended level`.

https://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/coventry-city-centre-road-among-28253498

Could NXC and SC see more passengers due to this.

Also a large number of black cabs in Coventry are old dirty diesel cars. Surprised they haven't switched to electric just like the buses?

See this is an interesting one, because you would think with Birmingham having the ULEZ in place that Coventry would of followed suit in fact I'm very surprised Andy Street hasn't implemented it, because as we know the Birmingham ULEZ brings in revenue which *some* of that probably ends up in Streets pocket! So you would think as I said he would have implemented Coventry having the ULEZ so he can have a bit extra cash to spend on the Metro extension! 

Tony

Quote from: hlliwmai on December 11, 2023, 09:56:56 AMSee this is an interesting one, because you would think with Birmingham having the ULEZ in place that Coventry would of followed suit in fact I'm very surprised Andy Street hasn't implemented it, because as we know the Birmingham ULEZ brings in revenue which *some* of that probably ends up in Streets pocket! So you would think as I said he would have implemented Coventry having the ULEZ so he can have a bit extra cash to spend on the Metro extension!
None of the ULEZ money goes to the Mayor, and it was not a Mayoral decision.

the trainbasher

Tbh TfWM should implement a West Midlands wide ULEZ in my opinion. You walk down some streets and you get all the exhaust fumes going off everywhere. I feel sorry for asthmatics.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk