News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Dudley Bus Station

Started by 2900, October 28, 2023, 10:06:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From various meetings at WB we have been informed  the knock down of the bus station starts early Jan, 87 will terminate Ednam st, layovers on priory or Broadway to be used. Toilets restroom to be provided as well.
should be all fun and games then.

the trainbasher

QuoteFrom various meetings at WB we have been informed  the knock down of the bus station starts early Jan, 87 will terminate Ednam st, layovers on priory or Broadway to be used. Toilets restroom to be provided as well.
should be all fun and games then.
I had heard Tower Street was also going to be used (or was at one stage).

At least the college kids won't have far to get their buses (The Broadway is where Dudley College is, so it'll be fun for buses laying over!)

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Roy

The WMCA website says that "Demolition of the 1986 built bus station means bus stops will be temporarily relocated to Tower Street and Ednam Road."  The webpage is at https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/work-on-24-million-dudley-interchange-to-begin-in-new-year/#:~:text=Dudley%20Bus%20Station%20will%20be,between%20bus%20and%20Metro%20services.

Westy

This is a drive in & reverse out type of bus station isn't it?

First one in the WM county I think?

Rachvince53

I think so. It replaced the previous bus station which ran up the hill level with Birmingham Street at 90° to the present one. The former car park to the south was part of the former bus station site and was earmarked for a development which never happened. 

danny

I know the idea is to demolish the bus station in January however I read that Dudley council had imposed traffic parking restrictions from the 27th November 23, is this to prep for the closure or is this the date the Current Dudley Bus station will be closing?? 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

the trainbasher

QuoteI know the idea is to demolish the bus station in January however I read that Dudley council had imposed traffic parking restrictions from the 27th November 23, is this to prep for the closure or is this the date the Current Dudley Bus station will be closing??
To prep for the closure as temporary stands need to be built.

All opinions and onions mentioned on here are mine and not those of any employer, current, past, present or future, or presented as fact, unless I prove it otherwise.

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: the trainbasher on November 26, 2023, 10:55:34 AMTo prep for the closure as temporary stands need to be built.
When will it be finally closed, im trying to get out there one last time before it goes, but its not easy at this time of year
3000 F300 XOF

the trainbasher

QuoteWhen will it be finally closed, im trying to get out there one last time before it goes, but its not easy at this time of year
Early next year - https://www.wmca.org.uk/news/work-on-24-million-dudley-interchange-to-begin-in-new-year/

Stu

Quote from: Celestial Toymaker on November 26, 2023, 06:37:31 PMWhen will it be finally closed, im trying to get out there one last time before it goes, but its not easy at this time of year

There's not been anything officially announced yet, but I expect it won't be until sometime in January next year.

Details of stop changes should be published in advance by TfWM on their website.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Celestial Toymaker

Quote from: Stu on November 26, 2023, 07:03:11 PMThere's not been anything officially announced yet, but I expect it won't be until sometime in January next year.

Details of stop changes should be published in advance by TfWM on their website.
Thank you for that, not been out to DY for many years, this would be a farewell trip, few pics to remember the place, sadly i didnt get enough of WN and i didnt know about WA or WB so never got those either, im trying to create a record of West Midlands buses before its too late.
3000 F300 XOF

Westy

Is Dudley the last of that particular late 80's vintage still in use?

Roy

Notices at all stands at Dudley Bus Station state that it is closing on 14 January.  Each notice has a map showing where the bus routes at that stand will depart from once the station closes.

danny

Do we know how long the new bus station is scheduled to take to complete?? 
Danny :) proud swift, mango and oyster user...

My locals 12, 12A, 13, 22, 126, and the sixes every weekend :)

Stu

Quote from: danny on December 10, 2023, 12:07:27 AMDo we know how long the new bus station is scheduled to take to complete??
18 months it is reckoned. Though going by recent form on these kinds of projects, will probably end up being 2-3 years and millions of pounds over budget.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk