News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Fare rise and ticket changes July 2023

Started by Ginger66, June 18, 2023, 08:56:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winston

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 19, 2023, 12:40:34 PMhttps://nxbus.co.uk/west-midlands/news/fare-and-ticket-changes-from-3rd-july-2023

Info is on the website.

Let's hope the numbers don't drop to much can't see many people using the buses after this
I assume you haven't noticed that from the same date of the price increases, passengers will now also be able to use any operator services / any time....

Did you know your ticket now gives you more?

Whilst some fares will be increasing, the changes mean you will have much more flexibility to travel on any bus, regardless of operator at any time, anywhere. The ticket range is also being simplified making it even easier to use the bus, especially for new customers.

Tony

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 19, 2023, 12:40:34 PMcan't see many people using the buses after this
And your degree in economics was from which university?

MasterPlan

Quote from: winston on June 19, 2023, 12:48:17 PMI assume you haven't noticed that from the same date of the price increases, passengers will now also be able to use any operator services / any time....

Whilst some fares will be increasing, the changes mean you will have much more flexibility to travel on any bus, regardless of operator at any time, anywhere. The ticket range is also being simplified making it even easier to use the bus, especially for new customers.

Does this include DD bus passes too? If so, does that mean a new card will be sent out?
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

Danthebusman

i'm guessing all of this will apply to NXCV too?

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 19, 2023, 02:35:41 PMDoes this include DD bus passes too? If so, does that mean a new card will be sent out?
DD is on the list if you look, and why do you need a new card?

Coventrybususer95

All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

ellspurs

And yet NX prices are still one of the cheapest in the country.

The day ticket price is still cheaper than the £5 fare I used to have to pay from Atherstone to Bedworth on Stagecoach in the 2000s.

Also, NX are still reviewing whether they are going to stay as part of the government scheme (according to that message). I half expect this is to cover the increase to £2.50 that is coming in November so there is still some subsidy from the government.

Tony

Manchester Day ticket £5, so still 50p more expensive even with the high costs of franchising

https://tfgm.com/get-on-board

Ginger66

Quote from: winston on June 19, 2023, 12:48:17 PMI assume you haven't noticed that from the same date of the price increases, passengers will now also be able to use any operator services / any time....

This was talked about previously about flexible tickets meaning if the 16 Birmingham to Hamstead NX no shows your pass should now be accepted on diamond 

Coventrybususer95

Is the day saver useable on all companies that run in the midlands?
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

winston

Quote from: Coventrybususer95 on June 19, 2023, 04:05:51 PMIs the day saver useable on all companies that run in the midlands?
That's what it says:

BrumKev86

It's inevitable the prices would rise given the bus strike but it's still very cheap. Compared to down here it's great value, here a First West of England day ticket is £7.  A First West of England day plus ticket is £12 but it covers a large area. Thank god we still have the £2 bus cap as at least 2 journeys is only £4. 
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

MasterPlan

Quote from: Tony on June 19, 2023, 02:53:01 PMDD is on the list if you look, and why do you need a new card?

I didn't say I needed one I was asking if a new card will be issued.
Local Routes: 002, 39/39A, X21, 46, 76.
Localish Routes: 18, 23, X22.

karl724223

Fraud on the S&D tickets will be got rid of and one daysaver for kids will get rid of a as lot of fraud as well  
Get rid of scratch off cards next 
Happy days 😎

Tony

Quote from: MasterPlan on June 19, 2023, 05:16:36 PMI didn't say I needed one I was asking if a new card will be issued.
Why would a new card be needed to be issued though?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk