News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markcf83

Quote from: Kevin_Brum12 on January 13, 2023, 10:52:17 AMThe Traffic Commissioner should also be looking at this and will hopefully be taking a dim view.

It maybe that Stagecoach end up in a public inquiry later on this year and end up having to pay back compensation  to passengers in the Birmingham area. Remember Arriva ended up having to operate a free service in Derby once as a punishment from the Commissioner.

Arriva ordered to give free bus trips by traffic commissioner
.....as did Stagecoach in Exeter before Christmas.....
Don't judge me until you've walked in my size ten shoes.

Bus1237

You cannot view this attachment.
Trying to blame NXWM now...

Coventrybususer95

Quote from: Bus1237 on January 13, 2023, 05:21:18 PMYou cannot view this attachment.
Trying to blame NXWM now...
Holy molly this is starting to look like a remake of on the buses 🤣🙄
All views are my own and does not represent the views of any company/ business that i maybe be working with

Stevo

Unbelievable! But I'm not laughing.

don

Quote from: markcf83 on January 13, 2023, 05:02:20 PM.....as did Stagecoach in Exeter before Christmas.....
One of the reasons for the Stagecoach failures in the South West Traffic Commissioner Area was given as diversion of resources to the Commonwealth Games, a contract bid for by their HQ. One wonders whether the Policy making centre of Stagecoach is divorced from the reality of their regions, or they're subject to very difficult financial targets since the recent takeover, which can only be met by diverting resources and the risk of failing on existing contract commitments. Presumably the resultant fines are accommodated as a risk by SC - hence TCs now imposing provision of free services to hit their financial performance more strongly. Whatever, it's a major indictment of the current system!

Anyone know what TfWM is up to on this issue? Or do they need Mayoral sign off and he's perhaps gone AWOL currently. Perhaps he might comment on the forum - I think he was a member at one point?!!
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Stu

Quote from: Bus1237 on January 13, 2023, 05:21:18 PMYou cannot view this attachment.
Trying to blame NXWM now...
That is marginally more embarrassing than NX Bus posting diversion details for the 58 this week. :rolleyes:
https://wmbusphotos.com/forum/index.php?msg=307897

My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

don

It makes one wonder why they don't simply move a handful of buses from Rugby to Nuneaton (or Leamington) and mini bus the drivers there each day - and run the Birmingham services from either of those garages - probably beyond the cost centre beaurocracy of some private companies. 

I guess if a harder hitter like the NHS (QE Hospital) complained it may have more impact than individuals - although the sway the NHS currently has with Tory Central Office is possibly limited!! 
Bustimes.org - armchair bus chasing at its best
wmbusphotos.com - armchair bus spotting and news at its best.

Current 'special passenger validation' permit held.

Rachvince53

Quote from: Solo1 on January 13, 2023, 04:39:32 PMWhy didn't stagecoach ensure they had the manpower - buses for the new services
It not the buses they're short of but the physical drivers. Perhaps they need automonous buses?!

IMarkeh

I've got a few things I'd like to say and ask on this topic.

Firstly, why was the contract bid for by Stockport? Bidding for tenders was done by local regions. When did this all move to Stockport and why? Regions still have commercial teams so this should be their job. 

Secondly, with regards to loan drivers and so on, there are drivers at fully staffed depots around the country who would go on loan but not offered the opportunity. Is this area making use of loan drivers or are they just hoping it all sorts itself out in a while? Same as what South Wales did. I counted in South Wales posted 600 cancellations in a week. 

Sandy Lane

Quote from: IMarkeh on January 16, 2023, 02:22:04 PMI've got a few things I'd like to say and ask on this topic.

Firstly, why was the contract bid for by Stockport? Bidding for tenders was done by local regions. When did this all move to Stockport and why? Regions still have commercial teams so this should be their job.

Secondly, with regards to loan drivers and so on, there are drivers at fully staffed depots around the country who would go on loan but not offered the opportunity. Is this area making use of loan drivers or are they just hoping it all sorts itself out in a while? Same as what South Wales did. I counted in South Wales posted 600 cancellations in a week.
Don't know for sure but do wonder if SC corporate level are underpricing tenders to start a bus war with NX? 

I said earlier the HRH West Midlands Mayor needs to wade in and get it sorted.

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Rachvince53 on January 13, 2023, 09:46:55 PMIt not the buses they're short of but the physical drivers. Perhaps they need automonous buses?!
Good news earlier today from SC twitter 

Everything is running. 

Tony

QuoteGood news earlier today from SC twitter

Everything is running.
Three vehicles not tracking at the moment, One on the 46 and two on the A9. Doesn't mean they are not running, but three non-trackers is high for them

Michael Bevan

Quote from: Tony on January 17, 2023, 01:40:36 PMThree vehicles not tracking at the moment, One on the 46 and two on the A9. Doesn't mean they are not running, but three non-trackers is high for them

36484 is the vehicle on the 46 that wasn't tracking earlier. Caught it on the 41 just under an hour ago.

Stu

Quote from: Sandy Lane on January 16, 2023, 03:26:59 PMI said earlier the HRH West Midlands Mayor needs to wade in and get it sorted.
I have been informed privately that Mr Street is aware of the situation and is chairing a meeting with TfWM and Stagecoach management on Thursday.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Sandy Lane

Quote from: Stu on January 17, 2023, 06:55:08 PMI have been informed privately that Mr Street is aware of the situation and is chairing a meeting with TfWM and Stagecoach management on Thursday.
Good. Let's see what happens

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk