News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Stagecoach in Birmingham

Started by monkeyjoe, December 08, 2022, 10:00:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gc802002

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on December 10, 2022, 04:18:09 PMDo you mean Solihull to  kingshurst ? Or is that correct
It says Shirley to Kingshurst on the screenshot but that is not to say that might not be wrong?

winston

Quote from: gc802002 on December 10, 2022, 04:25:23 PMIt says Shirley to Kingshurst on the screenshot but that is not to say that might not be wrong?

No, it's correct. The new A9 is Kingshurst to Blyth Valley Park.

monkeyjoe

Just a point, what is the point of the A suffix on the solihull routes what does it mean? "S" I get but "A"? 

midlandred2003

Secondary trigger 28

So  is there still a bus that is replacing the current 58 route operated by  national express

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on December 10, 2022, 12:12:47 PMSo  is there still a bus that is replacing the current 58 route operated by  national express

They're coming off as its no longer commercially viable I think.
Hence TFWM put it out to tender as the A9.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: HARVEYCLLEE on December 10, 2022, 05:04:29 PMSo  is there still a bus that is replacing the current 58 route operated by  national express
The new A9 service replaces the 58.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

Stu

Quote from: gc802002 on December 10, 2022, 03:50:25 PMTaken from the Blink, There are 4 routes to be registered and they will be looking for a local outstation.

Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Heartlands Hospital
Queen Elizabeth Hospital to Kings Heath
Kings Heath to Shirley
Shirley to Kingshsurst

41 - QE Hospital to Heartlands Hospital - no change to route
46 - QE Hospital to Kings Heath - partly replaces withdrawn 48 route from QE to Northfield, then reverse of current 46 route to Hawkesley, extended to Kings Heath via Brandwood End to replace withdrawn 69 service
169 - Kings Heath to Shirley, mostly replaces withdrawn 69 service and operates via Solihull town centre
A9 - Kingshurst to Blythe Valley Business Park, replaces withdrawn 58 service, extends to Blythe Valley via Monkspath Hall Road and Creynolds Lane.

My locals:

BrumKev86

Quote from: Stu on December 10, 2022, 05:49:21 PM41 - QE Hospital to Heartlands Hospital - no change to route
46 - QE Hospital to Kings Heath - partly replaces withdrawn 48 route from QE to Northfield, then reverse of current 46 route to Hawkesley, extended to Kings Heath via Brandwood End to replace withdrawn 69 service
169 - Kings Heath to Shirley, mostly replaces withdrawn 69 service and operates via Solihull town centre
A9 - Kingshurst to Blythe Valley Business Park, replaces withdrawn 58 service, extends to Blythe Valley via Monkspath Hall Road and Creynolds Lane.

Does that mean the A9 is going via Creynolds Lane way into Blythe Valley. Would have thought straight down Stratford Road. At least a nice scenic way ( if a bit longer) and would be another bus for the residents of nearby Cheswick Green!
Grew up in Great Barr, now living in North Somerset

BBS

QuoteThey're coming off as its no longer commercially viable I think.
Hence TFWM put it out to tender as the A9.
Landflight seem to have all the "A" routes
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Stu

Quote from: BBS on December 10, 2022, 07:58:20 PMLandflight seem to have all the "A" routes
Apart from the new ones.
My locals:

SO6597

The new route of the 46 beyond Northfield similar to that of the old 27A/C South Circle?

Jack D

Anywhere we can view route and timetables?

Stu

Quote from: Jack D on December 10, 2022, 11:24:52 PMAnywhere we can view route and timetables?
Not yet.

Details will be on the TfWM website when timetables are finalised.
My locals:

Ginger66

I thought the NX 82/87 was going to be part of sprint route 2.  

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk