News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Banga buses

Started by Liberator9, April 08, 2012, 09:41:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 01:08:46 PM
@Solo1 - Thanks for the info. So i presume that S284 AOX has now been converted to DDA compliant so that it can continue in service. Do you know if S232 EWU / S238 EWU / S239 EWU / S240 EWU are still in service and converted to DDA compliant as well or is it just S284 AOX that has been.

Probably not safe to presume with Banga given that breadvans continued in use after Jan 2015's DDA wave came in.

countryliner

@646 - Thanks for the info. But i believe that i have heard that each non DDA compliant vehicle is still allowed to be used in public service for a maximum of 28 days each year. So i highly doubt that Banga Buses have done anything wrong.

Tony

Quote from: countryliner on January 06, 2016, 07:37:03 PM
@646 - Thanks for the info. But i believe that i have heard that each non DDA compliant vehicle is still allowed to be used in public service for a maximum of 28 days each year. So i highly doubt that Banga Buses have done anything wrong.

You heard wrong

Vehicles over 20 years old are allowed to be used for 20 days in any year. This is solely there to allow museums and the like to operate vintage buses for shows and open days.

A 19 year old solo does not qualify

countryliner

@Tony - Ok. Thanks for the info. I was not entirely sure but this was just what someone else told me.

Solo1

S239EWU  is withdrawn  I think 232 238 240 are as I haven't seen them lately

Quote from: Tony on January 06, 2016, 07:40:43 PM
You heard wrong

Vehicles over 20 years old are allowed to be used for 20 days in any year. This is solely there to allow museums and the like to operate vintage buses for shows and open days.

A 19 year old solo does not qualify

Thanks @Tony; however I do not see how the law benefits passengers / would further encourage use of a 19 year old Solo which is already much more appealing with its change giving facility than any other buses in the area, less Hi Ride

countryliner

@Solo1 - Thanks for the info. Yes i suppose it is quite likely that these S reg Optare Solo buses have now been withdrawn especially as they have just purchased quite a few newer Optare Solo buses.

@646 - Can i ask what you mean. I dont quite fully understand your post. Thank you.

MW

Quote from: 646 on January 06, 2016, 08:13:44 PM
Thanks @Tony; however I do not see how the law benefits passengers / would further encourage use of a 19 year old Solo which is already much more appealing with its change giving facility than any other buses in the area, less Hi Ride

I sense trolling here,

If not, the whole point of it is they are not encouraging use of a 19 year old solo. They want something newer, more economical, less CO2, more business (VAT and the likes). And DDA.

countryliner

@MW - I believe that the main reason of the DDA compliance rules and regulations is so that all buses are fully accessible to disabled passengers. I do not think that it is in place to get bus operators to buy newer vehicles. For an example bus operators could still use an N reg low floor Dart if they converted it to DDA compliant (such as Sandwell Travel who have converted N227 TPK to DDA compliant).

Eric Shaw

I am not familiar with all the DDA rules, but S284 has a ramp and the other S reg's have not.

countryliner

@Eric Shaw - Thanks for the info. There is quite a lot involved with the DDA compliance rules and regulations. It is much more then just being a low floor bus and having a wheelchair ramp and a wheelchair space. However i suppose that it is probably quite likely the S284 AOX has been converted to DDA compliant so that it can continue in public service where as S232 EWU / S238 EWU / S239 EWU / S240 EWU have probably been withdrawn from public service.

T840MAK

Quote from: countryliner on January 07, 2016, 02:37:37 AM
@MW - I believe that the main reason of the DDA compliance rules and regulations is so that all buses are fully accessible to disabled passengers. I do not think that it is in place to get bus operators to buy newer vehicles. For an example bus operators could still use an N reg low floor Dart if they converted it to DDA compliant (such as Sandwell Travel who have converted N227 TPK to DDA compliant).

No it's not there to get operators to buy new buses but its more of a push for them to do so than simply running buses into the ground until there is no value left to them or it's gotten to such a state there's no point doing anything else with it. To convert a bus to be DDA compliant it needs to be viable commercially so that it will not be done at a loss overall, for example there's no point converting a bus so that its DDA compliant if it's going to cost more than what the bus is worth, or if it's not going to have that long left in service.
Twitter @TomCousins60054
Flickr https://www.flickr.com/photos/modeltrains33/

countryliner

@T840MAK - Yes i do see what you mean. However what i was trying to say is that the number one main reason that these DDA compliance rules and regulations have been introduced is to ensure that all buses are fully accessible to all disabled passengers who wish to use them.

P419 EJW

Quote from: Adam 404 on January 15, 2016, 09:00:02 PM
http://bangabuses.co.uk/buses-removed-from-service/

I'm glad S238 EWU finally got removed from service. The bus was terrible, every time when the driver slows down, the bus jolts harshly - something to do with the gearbox? Glad to see the back of it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk