News:

Welcome to the WM Buses in Photos Forum! New and existing members are kindly reminded to respect and abide by the Forum Rules that are in place here.

Main Menu

Service changes 4th September 2022.

Started by 2206, July 20, 2022, 10:54:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quote from: Stu on July 26, 2022, 07:12:39 PMAt this point in time, only those who work for NXWM or TfWM will know for certain.
There have been a couple of rumours floated around about the X3 being curtailed, and I think this may have something to do with this forthcoming change.

I am merely speculating, and know nothing for certain. But I would hazard a guess that perhaps the X3 will be curtailed to Hill Hook as before, with this new 3 service running between Lichfield and Sutton Coldfield at a lower frequency, perhaps hourly. Perhaps there isn't the demand for a half-hourly bus service from Lichfield.

If they wanted to run it hourly, they could have one X3 every hour run to Lichfield and one every hour terminate short at Hill Hook.
Might be they want to bring the X3 up to every 20 mins even and 3 stays half hourly. Of course could be something completely different, so will have to wait and see.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Isle of Stroma

QuoteThe question is, do we tell TfWm about it or not?
The question is, why does TfWM REPEATEDLY not know already about incorrect / superceded infrastructure still being present in the first place? 

mesub

QuoteThe question is, why does TfWM REPEATEDLY not know already about incorrect / superceded infrastructure still being present in the first place?

Because there are a lot of bus stops in the region and tfwm cannot actively keep checking them (especially the rural ones)?
23 - Bartley Green
76 - Northfield
X20 - Birmingham Via Longbridge, Northfield & QE Hospital / University

Isle of Stroma

QuoteBecause there are a lot of bus stops in the region and tfwm cannot actively keep checking them (especially the rural ones)?

Are you seriously suggesting they can't keep record of every stop (& if not, WHY not ?), cross-referenced to the routes served ?

Tony

QuoteAre you seriously suggesting they can't keep record of every stop (& if not, WHY not ?), cross-referenced to the routes served ?
The stop referred to in Bloxwich isn't a current bus stop, so won't be on their database 

Long standing errors can occur if TfWM have ordered an update, but the contractor didn't actually do the update, so it shows as correct to them

Isle of Stroma

QuoteThe stop referred to in Bloxwich isn't a current bus stop, so won't be on their database

Long standing errors can occur if TfWM have ordered an update, but the contractor didn't actually do the update, so it shows as correct to them
Two failings on TfWM's part then:

1) It should still be recorded as a dormant stop [with 'not in use' flag & optional 'no services from this stop' poster required]

2) The arrangement with the contractor is in serious need of resolution, the contractor's continually failing to perform adequately & TfWM continue to show little or no interest in monitoring contractor performance. Still, I suppose it's only public money pouring into private hands instead of doing the job properly themselves. Again... 

TFWM have a new timetable for X3 from 04/09/22 on there website.
If its correct still shows it running to Lichfield. Could be wrong though maybe.
Will the Outer Circle ever return to full Circles as well?
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Stu

Quote from: 2206 on July 28, 2022, 10:32:40 PMTFWM have a new timetable for X3 from 04/09/22 on there website.
If its correct still shows it running to Lichfield. Could be wrong though maybe.
I can see gaps in the AM and PM peaks out of Lichfield, perhaps this will be where the 3 slots in.
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

CL

Quote from: 2206 on July 28, 2022, 10:32:40 PMTFWM have a new timetable for X3 from 04/09/22 on there website.
Will the Outer Circle ever return to full Circles as well?
The Perry Barr shorts on the 11A terminate outside Perry Barr Station now; coming back on the 11C, it makes use of the new bus gate on the Aldridge Road. Personally, I can't see it returning to the full circle anytime soon - as much as I'd like to see it, and as per the original proposal, I think splitting the route has had its benefits.

Also, have had a look at the updated blind sets - the 3 appears to be Lichfield to Streetly.
Check out my photos on Flickr & Instagram

Quote from: CL on July 29, 2022, 09:43:27 AMThe Perry Barr shorts on the 11A terminate outside Perry Barr Station now; coming back on the 11C, it makes use of the new bus gate on the Aldridge Road. Personally, I can't see it returning to the full circle anytime soon - as much as I'd like to see it, and as per the original proposal, I think splitting the route has had its benefits.
Not been to Perry Barr in a while, is there space/a stop for for the Erdington shorts to terminate at Perry Barr Station as well?  Then the 11A could go back to its orriginal stop in Erdington and end that confusing arrangement where you have the 11A to Acocks Green, 11C to Acocks Green and 11C to Erdington all using the same stop. Would think a railway station is a better interchange point than at Erdington to.
Could call it the 10 & 11 as well, pre 1926 numbers for the route.
Local Routes
94/95, 11A/11C, 28.

Kevin

Quote from: CL on July 29, 2022, 09:43:27 AM....

Also, have had a look at the updated blind sets - the 3 appears to be Lichfield to Streetly.
oooo, let the wild speculation commence
Something covering the *potential* withdrawal of the Diamond 35?
Now in exile in Oxfordshire....

Steve3229vp

Quote from: Kevin on July 29, 2022, 12:30:22 PMoooo, let the wild speculation commence
Something covering the *potential* withdrawal of the Diamond 35?
I don't think it will be because the new service 3 is in the X3/X4/X5 registration so I'm wondering if the new service 3 is running Lichfield-Hillhook-Sutton-Streetly and maybe replacing the 78 

BBS

QuoteNot been to Perry Barr in a while, is there space/a stop for for the Erdington shorts to terminate at Perry Barr Station as well?  Then the 11A could go back to its orriginal stop in Erdington and end that confusing arrangement where you have the 11A to Acocks Green, 11C to Acocks Green and 11C to Erdington all using the same stop. Would think a railway station is a better interchange point than at Erdington to.
Could call it the 10 & 11 as well, pre 1926 numbers for the route.
I went on the 11s today and its very confusing and annoying, you have to wait ages for the specific 11 to come, you can't go to other stops before Acocks green otherwise they will switch to the other direction. It was better when it was the outer circle 
Local Bus Routes: 4, 4A, A15, A16, 41,1,11A,11C, A9, A12

Jack D

Stu

Quote from: Stu on July 29, 2022, 08:05:50 AMI can see gaps in the AM and PM peaks out of Lichfield, perhaps this will be where the 3 slots in.

Looks like I was right, timetable and map now on the TfWM website:
https://legacy.wmnetwork.co.uk/plan-your-journey/find-a-timetable/#/route/cen_33003_P_H_y11_2-2

One AM journey to Lichfield, one PM journey from Lichfield. Not quite sure what the purpose of this is, but there'll be one!
My locals:
2 - Birmingham to Maypole | 3 - Birmingham to Yardley Wood
11A/C - Birmingham Outer Circle | 27 - Yardley Wood to Frankley
76 - Solihull to Northfield | 169 - Solihull to Kings Heath

West Midlands Bus Users: Website | Facebook | Twitter

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk