News:

Reminder to all members: please keep thread discussions 'on-topic' - this is a structured discussion forum, not a general 'group chat'!

Main Menu

Arriva take over Midland

Started by Ck, July 27, 2012, 07:27:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bwsau cymru

Versas are cheap and cheerful and look great! I know everyone hates them but at 128 grand they are good value for money. I lived on tye route the very first one at arriva midlands was put on and they have grown on me. The ones with the cummins engine are epic would love to see more around the west midlands. And I seriously would say if brand new buses got to wednesfileld its goi g to include a versa I think they are the in thing with arriva and dont think any route needs a full size pulsar!
campaigning for better transport for all

bwsau cymru

Another new step for Arriva Wednesfield is its Walsall to Litchfield weekly ticket priced at £16. Hopefully a new west midlands day ticket and weekly ticket will follow suit. Also mentions a £4 day return

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=34359738464

This is the type of thing im looking for arriva to be doing for there new operation, and hopefully its a positive step!

covlad27

There is also a black country week saver i think £11 valid in wolverhampton, walsall and dudley and a day saver for those areas also is £3.80

Bob

Quote from: dannygill on May 01, 2013, 11:02:38 PM
Another new step for Arriva Wednesfield is its Walsall to Litchfield weekly ticket priced at £16. Hopefully a new west midlands day ticket and weekly ticket will follow suit. Also mentions a £4 day return

http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/content.aspx?id=34359738464

This is the type of thing im looking for arriva to be doing for there new operation, and hopefully its a positive step!

The next step should be getting some decent buses! !!

Westy

Quote from: busman99 on May 02, 2013, 06:47:16 AM
There is also a black country week saver i think £11 valid in wolverhampton, walsall and dudley and a day saver for those areas also is £3.80

How does that compare with the equivalent NX tickets?

The network isnt as big at first glance IMO.

Bob

Yep only an extra 10p.for a daysaver. .... far better value for money

bwsau cymru

So im a little gutted that wednesfield has taken over my local route 335. The negitives were even though  people slate cannock I honestly berlieve they was doing a good job amd excellent reliability compared to previous operator diamond. I really like my dafs and enjoyed having the 54 plate mini cadets on the route (but diliked the bu51xxx darts). Plus no change as they have vaults. So how will wednesfield perform on the 335? Im not that bothered about the buses I just hope they katch the reliabilty that cannock offered on the 335.

Westy

So does anything interwork thesedays?

What does the 335 come from, straight from depot, or from another route?

John

Quote from: Westy on May 06, 2013, 05:42:53 PM
So does anything interwork thesedays?

I was in Dudley on Friday. Ex-Leicester Dart 2261 came on on the 229. It then left as the 610.

bwsau cymru

Im unsure to be honest. Logically I coukd guess it make inter work with the 19? I have noticed several different buses on the route throughout tue day and night.

arrivaaston

Just seen w298eyg in lichfield, fron and sides has arriva logos but the rear still has 'Midland' and Midlandbus.net on it....... Great image lol

bwsau cymru

Quote from: bob on May 02, 2013, 09:16:37 AM
Yep only an extra 10p.for a daysaver. .... far better value for money

its not far better value for money though if your not going to use nx services. For example you could be travelling just using the 334 to work? I have been crying out for this ticket for ages. I have lived in Walsall for 4 years now and have seen them grow and grow and I honestly believe its a good thing. Even if you cant stand them bob it might encourage nx to be even better with competition from arriva!

Bob

The same should apply in Cannock maybe some competition would at least encourage Arriva to maintain the bloody vehicles so they arent breaking down daily. And as for what about people who just use the 334? On that basis there wont be huge ticket sales as the 334 like 99% of ex midland routes doesnt even require a full sized bus....

Bob

Just seen a W reg DAF ALX 400 on the 19 in bloxwich completely empty. When I caught it the other sat it was a dart there and back, 5 on board on way there and empty on way back. Why waste a decker on this route?? Whats the logic? Cant see the route lasting itll just be another massive flop lol

covlad27

I seen one of the ex midland solos this morning been painted into arriva livery, didnt catch the fleet number but im sure it was a W reg one

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk