News:

Please do have a browse through the forums or use the Search functionality before posting a new topic - chances are there is already a discussion underway on that subject, or your question has already been answered previously!

Main Menu

Hydrogen vehicles

Started by Tony, April 30, 2021, 06:57:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

frostjay974

Do BCC still own these buses given the situation they are in right now?

windy miller

so in order to learn from my question on the present state of the Hydrogen vehs
 I am told to 'view' the 'hydrogen' page   ....  So where is the current information? as of March  2024?   or is there more than one Hydrogen page???
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Current position is all 20 are parked in Walsall garage waiting for ITM to finally fix their fuelling facilities. H1009, is currently in the Hydrogen maintenance bay with Wrights trying to fix the problem that kept it off the road before the fuelling problem 

Mayfield

Am I right in thinking it been of the road since August, if so I worry about Wrights technical abilities.

Tony

Quote from: Mayfield on March 15, 2024, 06:21:13 PMAm I right in thinking it been of the road since August, if so I worry about Wrights technical abilities.
No, a quick look on Bustimes will show you they were in use up to January

Mayfield

I've just had a look and Bustimes says H1008/9 both last used in August unless I don't know how to use it correctly, please advise.

windy miller

The last H bus I saw was H1004 in use on a 51 service in early February   
   are there any other  hydrogen buses currently in use in the UK?
Mind the Gap.....?:-)

Tony

Quote from: windy miller on March 16, 2024, 02:08:18 AMThe last H bus I saw was H1004 in use on a 51 service in early February 
  are there any other  hydrogen buses currently in use in the UK?
London's are running OK, Crawley ones are running but not fully due to short supply of Hydrogen. Liverpool's aren't running. Aberdeen's are not fully running 

Abluhwleh

Are NX still planning on buying another hundred of these?

jasmine

i thought they were buying electroliners

Jay71

Quote from: jasmine on March 17, 2024, 08:36:50 PMi thought they were buying electroliners
I thought NX had stopped buying new  buses.  

winston

Quote from: Jay71 on March 17, 2024, 09:39:07 PMI thought NX had stopped buying new  buses. 
They haven't stopped buying new buses, just stopped buying new diesel buses

Gareth

Quote from: winston on March 17, 2024, 09:53:24 PMThey haven't stopped buying new buses, just stopped buying new diesel buses
They haven't bought anything for a while have they? Everything new seems to be leased.

winston

Quote from: Gareth on March 17, 2024, 09:59:45 PMThey haven't bought anything for a while have they? Everything new seems to be leased.
No, everything's leased these days. 

Although they still like announce how much they're investing in new fleet orders etc... 

cardew

https://www.expressandstar.com/news/local-hubs/walsall/2024/03/18/walsalls-bus-depot-sold-to-pave-way-for-future-franchise-bus-system-and-hydrogen-powered-buses/

I haven't seen this mentioned on here so for those who want to avoid pop-ups, videos and answering a survey for the privilege of reading the article, here is a summary

Hydrogen buses will be introduced with a hydrogen generation system sourcing water from the nearby canal. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk